• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

That Deck With the Longest Name Possible. (Gothitelle / Accelgor / Mew-EX / Dusknoir / Musharna / Ve

Luispipe8

Pokémon Professor
Experience: Veteran

Pokemon: 23
  • 3 Gothita LTR
  • 1 Gothorita DRX
  • 3 Gohitelle LTR
  • 2 Shelmet PLB
  • 2 Accelgor DEX
  • 2 Mew-EX
  • 2 Duskull BCR
  • 1 Dusclops BCR
  • 2 Dusknoir BCR
  • 1 Munna BCR
  • 1 Musharna NXD
  • 1 Bulbasaur DEX
  • 1 Ivysaur DEX
  • 1 Venusaur DEX

Trainers: 33
  • 4 Professor Juniper
  • 3 N
  • 2 Skyla
  • 1 Shauna
  • 1 Ghetsis
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 2 Level Ball
  • 4 Rare Candy
  • 1 Evosoda
  • 2 Muscle Band
  • 2 Float Stone
  • 1 Switch
  • 1 Escape Rope
  • 1 Super Rod
  • 2 Tool Scrapper
  • 1 Town Map
  • 1 Dowsing Machine

Energy: 4
  • 4 Double Colorless Eneregy

Strategy
Ye old master lock: Have an Accelgor on the Bench so Mew-EX can use it's attack, Deck and Cover, which, besides doing damage, Paralyses ans Poisons your opponent's Active, so it leaves it unable to attack or retreat unless you use a Switch-esque card, but that what Gothitelle takes care of. Since Deck and Cover makes the attacker(either Mew or Accelgor) shuffle back into your deck, Gothitelle will take place as the new Active, so your opponent can't get out of there or attack unless you use a Keldeo or evolve. And to further enhance the lock, with Dusknoir you move the damage away from the Active onto the Bench so that the Active never get's KO'd and your opponent can promote a healthy attacker. And then, have Gothitelle hold a Float Stone, rinse and repeat. To further help you chances of getting Mew-EX and DCE on your hand to play them, you use Venusaur to look for Mew and Musharna to try and look for the DCE.

Just a couple suggestions I will NOT accept because it ruins either the consistency of the deck or I don't have access to them:
  • NO Trevenant
  • NO Removing Stage 1's
Any suggestions?

RE: That Deck with the longest name possible. (Gothitelle/Accelgor/Mew-EX/Dusknoir/Musharna/Venusaur)

I like the idea but I feel like the deck will be very inconsistant. You have alot going on. Have you tried playing this deck yet.

RE: That Deck with the longest name possible. (Gothitelle/Accelgor/Mew-EX/Dusknoir/Musharna/Venusaur)

This seems so lulzy, but I'm worried about the 1-1 and 1-1-1 lines. At least you have the search cards xD Have you playtested it's matchups yet?

I have been playing it for a couple months now, and it had always given me good results. The 1-offs are because they are relatively easy to get, and are manly to aid in the set up. Notice that the only thick line is the Gothitelle one and for obvious reasons. The deck, even though it has a lot going on, that's what makes it fast and devastating if the lock remains. Generally, if the lock breaks at some point, I always have enough damage on the field to KO either my opponent's focus OR to get a vital prize(hence the Town Map). And besides, this deck was a great success at Worlds last year, I practically removed the cards that rotated and the Catchers to add Venusaur and Muscle Band. So, its frailness allows it to be consistent. Sounds silly, but it works. I actually ran it with 1-1-1 Dusknoir before, and it was always prized. :/ When I sense something is not right, I make my changes, hence the change in Dusknoir. But in the other side, the rest has been going on perfectly.

Threw in a 4th Juniper to enhance the chances to "deck myself out" so I always get what I need when in the lock, since my whole deck would be Mew-EX and DCE(and Muscle Band, if any), so between my top-deck, Venusaur and Musharna I get everything back again. Any other suggestions?

Hm. Perhaps instead of Gothitelle, have you considered Trevenant? It's essentially the same thing, but without the need for Rare Candy.

lol, Kecleon, read my OP... XD Besides, I'm already running Rare Candy for Dusknoir and Venusaur, so I might as well run Goth over Trevenant because:
-More HP.
-Not weak to Darkrai/Yveltal.
-Lower retreat if I had to retreat it manually.
-Have a playset of Goth.
-Don't have money to buy 3 Trevenant nor is anyone here willing to trade them away.

Ah, okay. I still like Trevenant due to his speed, and not needing a candy in your hand when playing him.

Hm. Alright, so have you considered taking out the Musharna line? I feel like, with Venusaur, you're not going to have the scramble to find Accelgor as much as you would without the plant, so perhaps taking out the Musharna line for, say, Pokemon Fan Club? Or Colress? Or maybe even beef up the Venusaur line, just so you can get one out faster?

I don't know, I feel is necessary to fulfill the lock. I do have another Venusaur, though, so I'll give it a shot.

So, the 2-1-2 Venusaur was a DISASTER. I was able to get Pokémon going, but always lacked that extra card to complete the lock or to deck myself out. So we're back to square 1. But thanks anyways, [mod]Kecleon-X[/mod].

Ps. Joining the CaC this month, Kecleon? XD

Back