TCG Fakes TFP's Text-Based Fakes!

Hey,
I haven't looked at every card yet, but here are my thoughts so far:

1) Donphan's Tusk Tantrum: "...without looking and discard them." You got this right in Haunter's first attack.

2) Heracross's Gold Toss: Putting it on top of the deck seems unnecessary, why not just shuffle it into the deck in the first place?

3) Switch the order of Typhlosion's attacks. Usually, the attack with higher base damage comes after.

4) Sandshrew (secret rare) and Pupitar's Sandstorm: Both are missing "Shuffle your deck afterward."

By the way, my favorite type is Fire and least fav is Bug.

Hey,
I haven't looked at every card yet, but here are my thoughts so far:

1) Donphan's Tusk Tantrum: "...without looking and discard them." You got this right in Haunter's first attack.

2) Heracross's Gold Toss: Putting it on top of the deck seems unnecessary, why not just shuffle it into the deck in the first place?

3) Switch the order of Typhlosion's attacks. Usually, the attack with higher base damage comes after.

4) Sandshrew (secret rare) and Pupitar's Sandstorm: Both are missing "Shuffle your deck afterward."

By the way, my favorite type is Fire and least fav is Bug.
1) Good catch on Tusk Tantrum, simply wasn't paying enough attention apparently. Thank you. :]

2) I also think it is quite unnecessary myself, but that's how they did it for Palkia DP & Staraptor SF. So I'm sticking to that.

3) That's a good one! I'm planning on reworking some of the other fire types soon, so I'll fix it then. If I don't end up redesigning Typhlosion completely that is, haha.

4) Yeah, I fixed those errors in the same update as Silver Donphan. Or I thought I did at least, apparently I have forgotten to add Shiny Sandshrew with the updated wording to the setlist during said update (the setlist will always contain the latest versions of my cards, previous updates however don't always do. Having to edit both the setlist & previous updates for older cards on top of actually having to create new cards as well, is simply just too much work. For the next set I'll be sure to add the setlist to the first post of the set, so it should be easier to find.) Oh, and Pupitar no longer has the Sandstorm attack at all.

Thanks a lot for the feedback though, I really appreciate it! And the fire type is a solid choice! I will however fight you for disliking the bug type. :U

-----

wording fixes & other minor changes
Silver Donphan's Tusk Tantrum attack's wording errors have been fixed.
Shiny Sandshrew's Poké-Body is now called Sand Shield instead of Sandcastle Wall. Its wording has also been updated.
Shiny Sandshrew's Sandstorm attack's wording errors have been fixed.
Shiny Sandshrew now has its shiny rulebox.
wording fixes & other minor changes
Shiny Hoothoot's Predator Peck attack's wording errors have been fixed.
Shiny Hoothoot's rulebox has been updated.

changes to attacks, poké-powers and poké-bodies
[Poké-Power] Time Messenger
Whenever your opponent takes a Prize card, you may draw 2 cards. You can't use this power if Hoothoot is affected by a Special Condition.

gets replaced by

[Poké-Power] Clock In
Once during your turn, when you put Shiny Hoothoot from your hand onto your Bench, you may draw cards until you have 5 cards in your hand.

Heya, it's me again. Looks like it has almost been 2 years now since my last post.. time is weird

Anyways, I'm going to give faking another shot! Very exciting stuff yes, yes.
I don't actually have any new fakes to share as of right now (lame), but you'll see me again soon!
The urge to start another thread is unreal already, why am I like this..

Also very glad to see that CaC is still around, that's awesome! I'll be sure to join next round if things work out.

Reactions: PMJ
Time to take a crack at some gen 9 Pokémon for the first time, while also turning back time to the HGSS era of the tcg.

Starting off with Pokémon that all share my favorite type, which is Flying! Sadly I'm quite disappointed with the ones gen 9 has given us so far. There's still hope though, who knows what Legends Z-A could bring to the table?

Flamigo / HP: 70 / Fighting
Basic
0973.png

[Poké-Body] Upstage
As long as Flamigo is your Active Pokémon, whenever your opponent attaches an Energy card from their hand to their Active Pokémon, you may attach a basic Energy card from your hand to Flamigo.

[F] Low Kick [10x]
This attack does 10 damage times the amount of [C] in the Defending Pokémon's Retreat Cost.

[C][C][C] Aerial Ace [40]
This attack’s damage isn’t affected by Weakness, Resistance, Poké-Powers, Poké-Bodies, or any other effects on the Defending Pokémon.

Weakness: [L] x2
Resistance: [F] -20
Retreat Cost: [C][C]
Kilowattrel / HP: 100 / Lightning
Stage 1 ~ Evolves from Wattrel
0941.png

[C][C] Dual Wingbeat [30x]
Flip 2 coins. This attack does 30 damage times the number of heads.

[L][L][C] Terror Thunder [100]
Discard 2 [L] Energy cards from your hand. (If you can’t discard 2 [L] Energy cards from your hand, this attack does nothing.)

Retreat Cost: [C]
Bombirdier / HP: 80 / Darkness
Basic
0962.png

[Poké-Power] Scrap Bombardment
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may discard an Item card from your hand. If you do, put 1 damage counter on 1 of your opponent's Pokémon. This power can't be used if Bombirdier is affected by a Special Condition.

[D][D] Punishing Peck [20]
If the Defending Pokémon already has any damage counters on it, you may flip 2 coins. If both are heads, discard all Energy attached to the Defending Pokémon.

Retreat Cost: [C]

Next time I'll also try to keep track of my references, it's clearly been a while haha. And with that in mind, I think I've done a solid job. I feel like I've missed something else, but I have no clue what. We'll see I guess?

The images work according to the preview, but it wouldn't surprise me if they still don't. I've had trouble with them before.

Dusclops / HP: 80
Ghost-Type-Snap.png

Stage 1 ~ Evolves from Duskull
0356.png

Ghost-Type-Snap.png
Sinister Hand
Look at your opponent's hand. Choose a supporter card you find in there, and put it at the bottom of your opponent's deck.

Ghost-Type-Snap.png
Normal-Type-Snap.png
Normal-Type-Snap.png
Hollow Curse
Put 5 damage counters on your opponent's Pokémon with an Ability in any way you like.

Weaknesses:
Ghost-Type-Snap.png
Dark-Type-Snap.png
x2
Resistances:
Poison-Type-Snap.png
Bug-Type-Snap.png
Immunities:
Normal-Type-Snap.png
Fighting-Type-Snap.png
x0
Retreat Cost:
Normal-Type-Snap.png
Normal-Type-Snap.png
Normal-Type-Snap.png

That's right! I've come up with my worst idea yet, adding every single type to the tcg. \o/
It'll be a standalone era of course, but it's still going to have hgss-ish power levels. The wording will be closely following hgss as well, but with a bit of a modern touch, if that makes sense?

I wish I could love bugs irl as much as I love bug Pokémon, but it seems like I'm too much of a coward. Shoutout to butterflies & moths though, they're great. Sadly there's none in this post though.

Weedle / HP: 40
Bug-Type-Snap.png

Basic
0013.png

Bug-Type-Snap.png
Poison Puncture [10]
Flip a coin. If heads, the Defending Pokémon is now Poisoned. If that Pokémon has a
Bug-Type-Snap.png
Resistance, place 2 damage counters instead of 1 on that Pokémon during Pokémon Checkup.

Weaknesses:
Fire-Type-Snap.png
Flying-Type-Snap.png
Rock-Type-Snap.png
x2
Resistances:
Grass-Type-Snap.png
Fighting-Type-Snap.png
Ground-Type-Snap.png
Immunities: -
Retreat Cost:
Normal-Type-Snap.png
Kakuna / HP: 70
Bug-Type-Snap.png

Stage 1 ~ Evolves from Weedle
0014.png

Bug-Type-Snap.png
High Shelter
During your opponent's next turn, prevent all effects of attacks, including damage, done to Kakuna by your opponent's Basic Pokémon.

Weaknesses:
Fire-Type-Snap.png
Flying-Type-Snap.png
Rock-Type-Snap.png
x2
Resistances:
Grass-Type-Snap.png
Fighting-Type-Snap.png
Ground-Type-Snap.png
Retreat Cost:
Normal-Type-Snap.png
Normal-Type-Snap.png
Beedrill / HP: 100
Bug-Type-Snap.png

Stage 2 ~ Evolves from Kakuna
0015.png

Bug-Type-Snap.png
Bug Riot
Place up to 2 damage counters on Beedrill. For each damage counter you placed on Beedrill in this way, you may search your deck for a
Bug-Type-Snap.png
Pokémon and put it onto your Bench. Then, shuffle your deck.

Bug-Type-Snap.png
Enraged Stinger [50]
If Beedrill doesn't have any damage counters on it, this attack does nothing.

Weaknesses:
Fire-Type-Snap.png
Flying-Type-Snap.png
Rock-Type-Snap.png
x2
Resistances:
Grass-Type-Snap.png
Fighting-Type-Snap.png
Ground-Type-Snap.png
Retreat Cost: -

Heracross / HP: 70
Fighting-Type-Snap.png

Basic
0214.png

[Ability] Swarming Strength
Heracross gets +10 HP for each
Bug-Type-Snap.png
Pokémon on your Bench.

Normal-Type-Snap.png
Normal-Type-Snap.png
Reversal [10x]
Does 10 damage times the number of damage counters on Heracross.

Fighting-Type-Snap.png
Normal-Type-Snap.png
Normal-Type-Snap.png
Toppling Horn [40]
If the Defending Pokémon is a Stage 2, you may flip a coin. If heads, remove the highest Stage Evolution card and shuffle it into your opponent's deck.

Weaknesses:
Flying-Type-Snap.png
Psychic-Type-Snap.png
Fairy-Type-Snap.png
x2
Resistances:
Bug-Type-Snap.png
Rock-Type-Snap.png
Dark-Type-Snap.png
Retreat Cost:
Normal-Type-Snap.png
Normal-Type-Snap.png

Bug Net / Item

Look at the top 6 cards of your deck. Choose a
Bug-Type-Snap.png
Pokémon you find in there, and put it onto your Bench. Then, shuffle your deck.

Some ground types from gen 3. I've always been more of a fan of Kyogre, but man I'm starting to like Groudon a lot as of late. Flygon has always been good and Trapinch.. Trapinch is simply perfection.

Trapinch / HP: 50
Ground-Type-Snap.png

Basic
0328.png

Ground-Type-Snap.png
Ground-Type-Snap.png
Dig [20]
Flip a coin. If heads, prevent all effects of attacks, including damage, done to Trapinch during your opponent's next turn.

Weaknesses:
Water-Type-Snap.png
Grass-Type-Snap.png
Ice-Type-Snap.png
x2
Resistances:
Poison-Type-Snap.png
Rock-Type-Snap.png
Immunities:
Electric-Type-Snap.png
x0
Retreat Cost:
Normal-Type-Snap.png
Normal-Type-Snap.png
Vibrava / HP: 80
Ground-Type-Snap.png

Stage 1 ~ Evolves from Trapinch
0329.png

Normal-Type-Snap.png
Return [10]
Draw cards until you have 6 cards in your hand.

Ground-Type-Snap.png
Normal-Type-Snap.png
Sand Pulse [20]
Does 10 damage to each of your opponent's Benched Pokémon. (Don't apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokémon.)

Weaknesses:
Water-Type-Snap.png
Grass-Type-Snap.png
Ice-Type-Snap.png
x2
Resistances:
Poison-Type-Snap.png
Rock-Type-Snap.png
Immunities:
Electric-Type-Snap.png
x0
Retreat Cost:
Normal-Type-Snap.png
Flygon / HP: 120
Ground-Type-Snap.png

Stage 2 ~ Evolves from Vibrava
0330.png

[Ability] Mystic Sands
When you play Flygon from your hand to evolve 1 of your Pokémon during your turn, you may put 1 damage counter on up to 3 of your opponent's Benched Pokémon.

Ground-Type-Snap.png
Normal-Type-Snap.png
Sand Tomb [40]
The Defending Pokémon can't Retreat during your opponent's next turn.

Ground-Type-Snap.png
Ground-Type-Snap.png
Normal-Type-Snap.png
Dune Diving [70]
You may discard a
Ground-Type-Snap.png
Energy attached to Flygon. If you do, this attack does 70 damage to 1 of your opponent's Benched Pokémon instead. (Don't apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokémon.)

Weaknesses:
Water-Type-Snap.png
Grass-Type-Snap.png
Ice-Type-Snap.png
x2
Resistances:
Poison-Type-Snap.png
Rock-Type-Snap.png
Immunities:
Electric-Type-Snap.png
x0
Retreat Cost:
Normal-Type-Snap.png
Normal-Type-Snap.png

Groudon / HP: 120
Ground-Type-Snap.png

~Legendary~
0383.png

[Ability] Land's Mass
When you play Groudon from your hand onto your Bench, you may search your deck for up to 2 in any combination of
Ground-Type-Snap.png
Pokémon and
Ground-Type-Snap.png
Energy cards, reveal them, and put them into your hand. Then, shuffle your deck.

Normal-Type-Snap.png
Normal-Type-Snap.png
Titan's Roar
Discard the top card of your opponent's deck. Then, you may switch the Defending Pokémon with 1 of their Benched Pokémon.

Ground-Type-Snap.png
Ground-Type-Snap.png
Normal-Type-Snap.png
Tectonic Terror [90]
If 1 of your opponent's Benched Pokémon doesn't have any damage counters on it, this attack does nothing.

Weaknesses:
Water-Type-Snap.png
Grass-Type-Snap.png
Ice-Type-Snap.png
x2
Resistances:
Poison-Type-Snap.png
Rock-Type-Snap.png
Immunities:
Electric-Type-Snap.png
x0
Retreat Cost:
Normal-Type-Snap.png
Normal-Type-Snap.png
Normal-Type-Snap.png
Normal-Type-Snap.png

Legendaries are supposed to be limited to 1 in a deck, no rule box though, because that's what a rule book is for. Still very much subject to change I guess.

Back