• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

TeYK (take lol)

thesickness

Aspiring Trainer
hey guys
heres my Cake inspired deck i am testing before citys
just looking for a few suggestion.
here it is:

3 Kyurem
3 Terrakion
3-3 Yanmega
2-2 Electrode
2 shaymin

3 Oak
3 Collector
3 Judge
2 Copycat
2 Cheren
3 Eviolite
3 Pokemon Communication
3 Catcher
3 Junk arm
2 Switch
1 Fisherman

5 Fighting energy
5 Water energy
4 Rainbow

so main idea of the deck is to, start with yanmega while setup and disrupt opponent while Kyurem and terrakion get powered up via manual attach and electrode, shaymin is there so if i want to blowup electrode anytime i can and move energys later with electrode also shaymin allows me attach every turn to any pokemon without worrying, terrakion is there as a big part because my meta is electric heavy with majority of people running eelektrik/zekrom zpst and megazone.

just wondering if anyone has any suggestions to what could be tweaked?

Yanmega hurts this deck alot more than it helps it. Takeing up 6 spots plus the trainers needed for Yanmega is realy bad for this deck. Yanmega is bad for {E} match ups anyway, and getting rid of your hand every turn or so in order to use him just doesn't help set up either. I recamamend:
-3/3 Yanmega
-3 Judge

+1/1 Electrode
+ 4 Twins
+1 Communication
+1 Collector
+1 Cheren

This should help boost consistancy and by doing that boost speed. Which reduces the need for an additional early game attacker. The Twins works Amazingly for this deck as with Electorde's Power gives your opponet a prize, giveing you the abilty to use Twins for a Shaymin and an attacker that you didn't have in order to turn a horrible start to a good one. You may also, consider takeing out the Copycats, 1 Water energy, and 1 Fighting energy for Research Records.

Research Records – Trainer

Look at the top 4 cards from your deck, choose any number of those cards and return them to the bottom of your deck in any order. Then, return the remaining cards to the top of your deck in any order.

You can use any number of Trainer cards during your turn.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This realy helps decrease the odds of getting a bad Electrode draw.

Hope I could help!

ah ok i will drop yanmega and try chuck in some stuff for consistancy,

my reasoning for yanmega was i thought that with a yanmega out and attacking i could manually attach to things while yanmega hits
because ive come from reshiphlosion this is my first time playing a deck with no energy acceleration

The thing is that Electrode IS energy accelaration, and can work well with a consitant trainer line.

N is a godsend for this deck. There are so many fast decks out there and this deck kind of snipes the bench, so you can leave the opponent with a very small hand. As for the deck, maybe a jirachi or two?

ok after hours of playtesting heres what ive done

pokemon 15

3 terrakion
3 cobalion
3 kyurem
2 shaymin
2-2 electrode

TSS 29

3 collector
4 oak
4 twins
3 cheren
3 junk arm
3 catcher
2 super rod
2 switch
3 communication
2 eviolite

Energy 16

4 fighting
4 special metal
1 metal
4 rainbow
3 water

^ I must agree here. N is needed.

Bad hand + Electrode + Sniping = N as early refresher

I wold do this:

-3 Cheren

+2 Juniper
+1 N

OR:

+2 N
+1 Juniper.

The value of drawing to whats needed here is cruicial early game, by having this in there, with most of the other comments will hopefully speed this up even further.

GiP

this is what ive done
-1 shaymin
-1 twins
-3 cheren

+2 N
+1 juniper
+2 research records

while playtesting i had 2 times where electrode was setup and twins in my hand and no research record, blowup electrode and 2 energys

Could you post an updated list because I think that if you wanted you could take out some of the Oaks and add in some Ns.

Maybe:
-1 Oak
+1 N
And if you want"
-2 Oak
+1 N
+1 Cleffa

I personaly like Cleffa as it can also be used to stall for a turn, maybe 2, the Cleffa is realy just a matter of playstyle though.

so its pretty much turned to a CaKE deck lol but heres the list

3 cobalion
2 landorus
1 terrakion
3 kyurem
2-2 electrode
1 shaymin

TSS

3 collector
4 oak
1 juniper
2 N
3 twins
3 junk arm
3 eviolite
3 communication
3 catcher
2 super rod
2 switch
2 research record

4 rainbow
4 fighting
4 special metal
4 water

Juniper is touchy in this deck. I play almost the exact build, and you will have games you get one energy from energymite.....and may do it a second time....Juniper will only help you deck out...

PONT and N are the safer plays here!

how does your build go? im new to this deck coming from 3 months of tyram and im not sure how to tell if its running good. im used to just punishing people with tyram lol

Back