• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format TEU-On: Water Gushers: Lapras VMax/Frosmoth

cardgjammer

Aspiring Trainer
Pokémon: 17

3 Lapras V
2 Lapras VMAX
2 Mew UNB
2 Magikarp & Wailord-GX
1 Blastoise & Piplup GX
2 Jirachi TEU
2 Snom
2 Frosmoth
1 Dedenne GX

Trainers:31

1 Ordinary Rod
2 Energy Spinner
2 Energy Retrieval
2 Pokémon Catcher
2 Tag Call
2 Switch
3 Evolution Incense
4 Quick Ball

2 Misty & Lorelei
2 Mallow & Lana
1 Cynthia & Caitlin
2 Marnie
4 Professor's Research

2 Viridian Forest

Energy: 12
Water 12

Strategy: Get Jirachi out to start. Use ability to get items to get out Lapras VMAX, Frosmoth, and, depending on situation, either B&P or M&W, then either max-and-ice-dance charge Lapras to pulverize the opponent and take prizes, or if a VMAX-blocker is in play, use B&P to KO it ASAP, or in the case of a stall deck, use Mew UNB to neutralize bench barriers, then when they are gone from play, use M&W's GX move to pulverize the bench, then use Misty & Lorelei as needed to allow for a total bench wipe by the power of a rare second GX move use!

^ Any suggestions for improvement and/or comments/critiques?

Changes(last edited 1/31/20):
-2 ADP
-2 Aurora
-2 U-turn board
-1 Brock's Grit
-2 Pokémon Communication
-1 Switch

+1 Blastoise & Piplup GX
+2 Energy Spinner
+1 Ordinary Rod
+1 Mallow & Lana
+3 Evolution Incense
+2 Water

Last edited:
  1. Since you have tag call, add some more tag team supporters, and mabye blastoise & piplup tag team.
  2. I might just be special, but I think Kingdra GX (DRM) has a better "Hydro Pump" style attack. Lapras VMAX does 90 and 30 for each water energy for 3 colorless, but Kingdra GX does 10 and 50 for each water energy for 1 colorless.
  3. Replace the u-turn board with escape board. Since you have Jirachi, It could retreat even if it is asleep, and get another pokemon up.
  4. add some water energy, and get rid of the aroura energy. Since M&W Gx attack requires 8 Water energy to be good, you would use up 3/4 of all of the energy in the deck for this situation.
  5. Add energy spinner. if you can use a couple if you go second on turn 1, you could get 3 or 6 energy into your hand.
Overall, this deck is very interesting and you might have better reasons for what you did, but these are just my overall opinions.

1. Since you have tag call, add some more tag team supporters, and mabye blastoise & piplup tag team.
  2. I might just be special, but I think Kingdra GX (DRM) has a better "Hydro Pump" style attack. Lapras VMAX does 90 and 30 for each water energy for 3 colorless, but Kingdra GX does 10 and 50 for each water energy for 1 colorless.
  3. Replace the u-turn board with escape board. Since you have Jirachi, It could retreat even if it is asleep, and get another pokemon up.
  4. add some water energy, and get rid of the aroura energy. Since M&W Gx attack requires 8 Water energy to be good, you would use up 3/4 of all of the energy in the deck for this situation.
  5. Add energy spinner. if you can use a couple if you go second on turn 1, you could get 3 or 6 energy into your hand.
Overall, this deck is very interesting and you might have better reasons for what you did, but these are just my overall opinions.

Escape board would be rotated out in TEU-On...

List edited!

Back