• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Terror ops(Archeops,Terrakion)

corn bread

Food item
Hello everyone,this is my deck that I plan on making when the cards are released.But since that will take a while i would like to see what improvements i can make before i start trading for the parts.

POKEMON:11
4 Terrakion(noble victories)
4 Archen(noble victories)
3 Archeops(noble victories)

ENERGY:14
14 Fighting

Trainers/Supporters:35
4 Plume fossil
4 Research record
4 Eviolite
3 Pokemon collector
2 Revive
2 Switch
3 Junk arm
4 Professor Oak's new theory
3 Pokemon catcher
2 Pokemon communcation
4 Twins

The strategy here is to get Archeops out ASAP to prevent evolving,then you just sweep with Terrakion.I've also included a Virizion from EP for mirror matches as it does a tremendous job at stalling opposing Terrakions.So feel free to leave your opinions on what should go and what should stay.

Here are some translations for cards yet to be released:
Archen - Fighting - HP80
Revived Pokemon - Play on your Bench with the effect of Plume Fossil.

[F] Rock Throw: 20 damage.
[C][C] Acrobatics: 20+ damage. Flip 2 coins, this attack does an additional 20 damage times the number of heads.

Weakness: Grass (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 1

Archeops - Fighting - HP130
Stage 1 - Evolves from Archen

Ability: Prehistoric Power
While this Pokemon is in play, no player can play a Pokemon from their hand to evolve his or her Pokemon.

[F][F][C] Rock Slide: 60 damage. Choose 2 of your opponent's Benched Pokemon. This attack does 10 damage to each of them. (Don't apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokemon.)

Retreat: 2

Terrakion - Fighting - HP130
Basic Pokemon

[F][C] Vengeance: 30+ damage. If any of your Pokemon were Knocked Out by damage from an attack during your opponent's previous turn, this attack does an additional 60 damage.
[F][F][C] Land Crush: 90 damage.

Retreat: 4

Plume Fossil - Trainer

Look at the bottom 7 cards of your deck. If you find an Archen there, you may put it on your Bench. Shuffle the remaining cards back into your deck.

You can use any number of Trainer cards during your turn.

Eviolite - Trainer

Pokemon Tool: To use a Pokemon Tool attach it to one of your Pokemon. Each Pokemon can only have 1 Pokemon Tool card attached to it.

Any damage received by the Basic Pokemon that this card is attached to is reduced by 20.

You can use any number of Trainer cards during your turn.

Celebi23

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
I think it might be a good idea to include Twins, Jirachi and a 4th Research Record. An interesting combo to try to make this work is Junk Arm/Recycle/Research Record/Plume Fossil. It is really complicated and flippy so it's probably not worth-it. Twins is there because it generally takes forever to set Archeops up and Jirachi is there to de-evolve stuff they get up before you get Archops up. I'm honestly doubtful you'll face too many mirrors though.

-2 Virizon
-3 Grass
-4 Fighting
-2 Switch
-2 Revive
-2 Evolite
-1 Pokemon Catcher

+4 Twins
+1 Research Record
+2 Jirachi
+7 Psychic
+1 Collector
+1 Pokemon Communication

Another thing to think about fitting in is 4 Sage's and 2-4 Cheren. That engine works amazingly well with Twins. You could probably drop 1-2 Terrakion just because the idea is to not have the basics be able to do anything to the one you setup. The stuff I said to drop is simply because you have to make room for the additions somehow and those cards are the least priority in the deck.

It's too bad Claydol GE got rotated; this deck would actually be broken with it.

corn bread

Food item
Ok I guess i may not run into that much mirror matches so

-2 Virizion
-3 Grass energy

+1 Research record
+4 Twins

Jirachi does sound tempting and I may put it in after I get through a testing session.

ashinto

Aspiring Trainer
Acheops NEEDS to be paired with Vileplume or it will just be catchered up, and with Jirachi, to get rid of any early evolutions. If you can pull that off relatively quickly, it will give you a good matchup versuses most decks in the format that aren't based around a Basic attack.