Terrakion TOO STRONGZ: 3-0 Report

dmaster

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member
So yeah. You can probably assume from the title how good I did and what really propelled me to this victory. :p Man, I haven't written one of these in God knows how long...oh well.

Open the six packs. See a Registeel EX pulled across from me (visions of Dark Explorers dance through my head where both of us pulled Entei EX, mine a FA). Proceed to open my pack and I see a glimmer. A glimmer of a Full Art Terrakion. Such beauty. Then I look through my other cards and cry. I'm missing various Stage 1s, Stage 2s, and even Basics like Deino where I could have played a hefty Hydregion (bad one) line. I decide to tough it out and just play 28 Energy in my deck like a real man should. Here's the list:

Pokemon: 11

1 Terrakion EX FA
2 Wurmple
1 Cascoon
1 Dustok
2 Stunky
2 Audino
1 Sawk
1 Stunfisk

Trainers: 1

1 Rescue Scarf

Energy: 28

16 Fighting Energy
6 Psychic Energy
6 Dark Energy

Strategy: Use Stunky+Audino+Wurmple to stall while Terrakion comes in and does his Pumped Up Kicks dance.

Pretty solid but it was a shame I couldn't play the lines of Beautifly and Hydreigon like I wanted (especially because I ended up running the same types of Energy for the Hydreigon anyway). Also I was concerned with running a lot of Energy and not a lot of lines of Pokemon, but since there was practically no search in the set, I thought I might be fine with mostly Basics and one Stage 2 line. It ended up working beautif(ul)ly.

Round 1: Wurmple/SawkTerrakion EX vs Sigilyph

Welp. Looks like Terrakion has to take most of the backseat this match. Early Terrakion for me answers to an early Sigilyph to him but luckily I was able to stall with my two Wurmples for essentially the entire match. I knew my one shot of taking all my Prizes was that I had to deal with that Sigilyph at the end, but to do that, I needed to put 20 damage on it and then come into my Sawk and clean up with the 70. Otherwise, Sawk would just die because of his x2 Weakness to Psychic anyway. I take a prize with Terrakion but then I'm forced to manually retreat (eww) and stall with Wurmple again. I opted to use Pump Smash once against Sigilyph (knowing it would do no damage and then I would be attacked into instead) but allowed me to power up some things on my Bench like Sawk. After he saw the Wurmple coming in and putting one damage counter from Poison and waking up, he recognized what I was planning on doing and opted to retreat into some stalling fodder while I just waited for Sigilyph to come back in. He did manage to KO it with Sigilyph but I had a Rescue Scarf on him just in case I needed him again. I have two Wurmple left and I need to hit Heads on the attack to poison him and put on the second damage counter and I flip...Heads. So Sawk takes the last prize against Sigilyph. Woot.

Round 2: Audino/Terrakion EX vs Baltoy/Braviary/Probopass

This match went by much quicker. I start Audino and a bunch of Energy against a Baltoy start. Let me just say that a one sided Judge is pretty brutal lol. Thankfully, I had a worse hand before she used Reverse Spin allowing me to get a couple more Basics down like Stunky, etc. Audino managed to stall out the Baltoy and get me a couple Prizes, but by that time I had Terrakion with two Energy out. She flipped two Heads with Braviary to KO my poor Audino but thankfully Rock Tumble gets around that pesky Resistance, and allowed me to clean up for the KO. She had only a Probopass at that point and moved one of my Fighting Energies, but I have a couple more in my hand to get the win.

Round 3: Dustox/Terrakion EX vs Gabite/Ho-Oh EX

This was a scary match. To make matters worse I start Stunky with a bunch of Fighting+Psychic. Y U NO DARK ENERGY It's all good though even though I'm going second and staring down a Gible. T2 it's a Gabite (non ability one) and I'm starting to sweat as T3 he's starting to take Prizes against my Pokemon. Thankfully, I'm topdecking everything I need for this situation, namely Wurmples. I have two Wurmples out and I manage to hit Heads on the Gabite while building on my benched one planning to evolve to Cascoon. Then I draw Dustox. OWOW Meanwhile, he's building up a Ho-Oh EX with three different Energy already on it and I'm trying to figure out what I can do. Well, not much. Except Hazardous Scales for three different Status Conditions wut wut? From there, it is _all_ downhill for him. Proceeds to flip Tails Tails, Tails, Tails, Tails, Heads (burn flip) and by that time, I've whittled him down with Aerial Ace that by the time his turn ends, his Ho-Oh EX dies to Poison. :O By that time, I've also drawn into my Terrakion EX as I needed one more Prize taken. He's got the Bouffer Bouffalant, so Terrakion unfortunately only does 80 with the first attack. It's fine though because he can't do anything, so the 2HKO wins it for me.

Props:

Pulling Terrakion EX FA
Going 3-0
Mom got some good pulls (arguably better than my own)
Traded for more good stuff.
Seeing some friends that I haven't seen for a long time
Flipping Heads+Going First (such classic staples)
Wurmple+Dustox
Pumped Up Kicks Smash

Slops:

No Prize for 3-0 (although I can't really say I'm surprised/disappointed)
Stunky for doing nothing except attacking once and flipping Tails :[
Having to dance around Sigilyph

dmaster out.

i like the list a lot :D. but i think you should add in at least one attacker. i reccomend groudon EX

the {DRG} are coming **tune of bed intruder plays**

owtwem222 said:
i like the list a lot :D. but i think you should add in at least one attacker. i reccomend groudon EX

the {DRG} are coming **tune of bed intruder plays**

He couldn't. It's a prerelease

Back