• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Terrakion/Kyurem/Yanmega (a counter to my Meta)

parmcat

T-Tar tyrant
So I played CaKE today at cities, and it did less then spectacular. Lots of Mageel, and fire decks.

I have thought about this this evening, and wondering if this might work?

Pokemon- 19

Terrakion- 3
Kyurem- 3
Yanmega 3-2
Electrode-3-3
Shaymin- 2

T-S- 27

3 Collector
3 Communication
3 Judge
2 Copycat
3 Pont
3 Fisherman
2 Research Record
3 Eviolite
3 Junk Arm
2 N

Energy- 14

5 fighting
5 water
4 Rainbow

Strategy:

Start Kyurem, and set up Electrode and Yanmega on the bench. Glaciate as long as you can, and try to blow up Electode to fuel the bench. Retaliate with Terrakion, and snipe with Yanmega, which also offers some disruption.

I feel I need Switch in here, and maybe can remove Shaymin?

Thanks in advance

Parm

I would remove Shaymin anyway, I dont really see its need in here. You should be able to get enough energy out with out having to move any around.

Heres my suggestion

-2 Shaymin
-2 Research Record

+2 Switch
+2 Sages or Juniper

The reason I say get rid of Research Records is there is always something better, and IMO incase of a bad start, Juniper or Sages can help out.

Also there is this option:

+2 Switch
+2 Super Rod

Super Rod can get alot of things in the discard back into the deck. This way anyone knocked out previously can find play again. You do use Junk Arm, so you should be set.

GiP

I understand that running Yanmega Prime allows you to run Judge and actually benefit from it regardless of it giving you a bad hand or good hand, but if you wish to disrupt your opponent then run Pokemon Catcher - Hit their bench before they set up. Plus you're meta is {L} heavy, so you run Yanmega prime? makes sense. If you were to go down that route then you could replace the hand refresher cards (Judge & Copycat) with some actual draw cards. The heavy Fisherman line is also confusing me. 1) would you not prefer the energy back into your deck considering you can't accelerate the energy from your hand onto your field meaning Super Rod would be a better choice. Though if you find you need to Energymite more than twice in a match then you're in a losing position. 2) Why 3? would Energy Retrieval not work? it's a trainer, so you can run less of it as you're running Junk Arm. the space can be used for consistency cards.

If you wish to remove Yanmega Prime then this is what i would suggest.

-3-2 Yanmega Prime
-1 Shaymin (you have bench space to spare but you'd rather not start with it)
-2 Fisherman (I left 1 in the deck as running either a Fisherman or Energy Retrieval is always a nice 'one of' card)
-2 Judge
-2 Copycat
(-12)

+1 Cobalion NV (Energy Press helps against any enemy Kyurems, plus the locking ability is always helpful)
+1 Cleffa (shouldn't need an explaination)
+1 Switch
+3 Pokemon Catcher (Take the cheap prizes when you can, or just 'Catcher stall' for a few turns)
+3 Sage's Training (Draw Power)
+1 Super Rod
+1 Reserach Record (Ensuring you get AT LEAST 2 energy from Energymite is important seeing as you go down a prize)
+1 *Insert Card here* (This space is for you to add whatever you think may help you deck)

Back