Terrakion in MTC

petertclo

Ehh I want my B&W back!
Terrakion is such a nice counter to Magnezone and Zekrom-EX, that I'm considering running 2 of them in MTC.
Is it a good idea?

*Great now I'll have to buy 1 Mewtwo EX, 1 Regigigas EX, 1 Shaymin EX, 1 Celebi and 1 Terrakion...more money gone.*

It's worked really well for me in testing, but I would only run 1 Terrakion and 2 Prism.

Infinity said:
It's worked really well for me in testing, but I would only run 1 Terrakion and 2 Prism.

This. Exactly this.

It works like a charm against Electric decks, which already take up a large amount of the format. It's also just a good revenge killer in general, so you can use it for that.

Yeah, I have been testing it too and that is the line I have been using.

So far it has worked well.

I think you should stick with just 1. If you bring it up to two you will start with it a lot more, which is a really big pain.

I agree with pretty much everything that's been said. However, it's possible, and often worth-it to run Fighting instead of Prism. The chances of your opponent running Lost Remover are far greater than the chances of you needing to Time Circle or Psyburn.

I myself run 1 Terrakion 2 Fighting, because it can be Super Rod'ed.
*Terrakion kills Magnezone*
*Zekrom revenges*
*Super Rod, Dual Ball, Cilan*
*GG*

petertclo said:
I myself run 1 Terrakion 2 Fighting, because it can be Super Rod'ed.
*Terrakion kills Magnezone*
*Zekrom revenges*
*Super Rod, Dual Ball, Cilan*
*GG*

Watch you flip double tails :p

But in all seriousness, Fighting is better than prism due to you being able to super rod it, and the fact that it can't be Lost Remover'd, which sucks.

Well, getting out energies is usually not a problem but if there are only 2 fighting I guess 1 is ok but not needed. Well, how many energies are in this deck?

petertclo said:
So...how many Cilan in deck?
1 or 2?

I personally don't play any Cilan in the deck, I just play a single copy of Energy Exchanger. Works like a charm, and useful in more situations than Cilan.

I'd never play Cilan in a deck so reliant on special energy, or really in any deck. Just run more energy if you can't find them.

I know almost near to nothing about MTC lists, but if you run one Terrakion, couldn't you super rod it? In my opinion, terrakion would help the deck, because you NEED to kill magnezones, and you can surprise kill them with Terrakion. Prisms would work with Energy exchanger if you have a problem using terrakion as well.

Back