Tera Mewtwo ex and Tera Skeledirge ex Revealed!

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
The “Starter Set Terastal Mewtwo ex” and “Starter Set Terastal Skeledirge ex” were just revealed on livestream at Worlds!

Tera-Skeledirge-Mewtwo-Decks-300x169.png

Skeledirge-Mewtwo-Tera-ex-deck-cards-300x169.png

Mewtwo ex – Lightning – HP230
Basic Pokemon
Tera: As long as this Pokemon is on your Bench, prevent all damage done to this Pokemon by attacks (both yours and your opponent’s).
[P] Trans Charge: Attach up to 2 Basic Psychic Energy from your discard pile to your Pokémon in any way you like.
[P][P] Photon Kinesis: 10+ damage. This attack does 30 more damage for each [P] Energy attached to all of your Pokémon.
Pokemon ex rule: When your Pokemon ex is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Mewtwo might be a good post-rotation Zacian V replacement in Gardevoir decks, though being an Electric type is tricky due to Gardevoir only attaching to Psychic types. Gotta find another way to put the 2 Psychic energy on there, though the rest can go on anything else.

Mewtwo might be a good post-rotation Zacian V replacement in Gardevoir decks, though being an Electric type is tricky due to Gardevoir only attaching to Psychic types. Gotta find another way to put the 2 Psychic energy on there, though the rest can go on anything else.
Yeah, but Gardevoir loses a lot of stuff post-rotation, I don't think it'll retain it's viability in the future. Do I need to name them?

Mewtwo ex (Electric) - I can dig this thing as a Garde tech on Lugia matchup. 4

Fuecoco/Crocalor/Skeledirge ex (Steel) - still Stage 2 tho. 3/3/3-4

Skelledirge looks quite busted to me, guaranteed KOs with essentially zero downside? Just stick a few of them on your bench.
The problem is, that Skeledirge is a Stage 2. I guess you could run a playset of Rare Candy, but if you run additional Stage 2s, that could be an issue. Anyway, I'm just happy that I can get a decently playable Skeledirge, since the Paldea Evolved / Triplet Beat one is pretty bad.

The problem is, that Skeledirge is a Stage 2. I guess you could run a playset of Rare Candy, but if you run additional Stage 2s, that could be an issue. Anyway, I'm just happy that I can get a decently playable Skeledirge, since the Paldea Evolved / Triplet Beat one is pretty bad.
Well, Gardevoir is also Stage 2. Obviously it is not as busted as "free energy forever" Gardevoir and that deck also has a useful Kirlia, but I think Skeledirge is on the cut-off of "healthily busted" as opposed to "design mistake busted".

I'm so glad it seems like all Tera Pokemon will be type-shifted going forward (well with the exceptions of special Terastal Forms in the DLC, assuming those aren't type-shifted). Not sure why they even bothered with on-type Tera cards.

post rotation Gardevoir won’t be nearly as good as now. it loses a lot like baby Gardevoir, Zacian V, Fog Crystal and VIP pass

I'm kinda floored seeing how good these starter sets are after the abysmal quality of the ex start decks, and they aren't even being released that far apart from one another... what gives?

[P] Trans Charge: Attach up to 2 Basic Psychic Energy from your discard pile to your Pokémon in any way you like.

Mewtwo is Trans confirmed?!?!?!?!?!

This right here is the very reason why these different type tera Pokémon are not very good. They have good abilities and attacks but are trying to help one Deck while belonging in another if that makes sense. Being one type but using energy from a different type makes them less usable in my mind. How good would Mewtwo be if it was just Psychic type? Charizard ex could use Magma Basin if it was Fire type(I know that's not that big of a deal just an example). I wish the tera Pokémon that change type would use the energy of the new type as well.

Back