Tera Dragonite ex and Tera Greedent ex from “ex Starter Decks” Revealed!

When will they stop paying hatachu for these horrendous 3D artworks?
?

Someone at the Pokemon Company must really love Greedent, its been around for one generation and already has more cards than Linoone Watchog and Gumshoos. Who is out here fighting for more prints of this rat
Better than the other 2, I’ll say that; weird it more than Bibarrel or Furret tho

Dragonite ex: Not good and low damage for a Stage 2, unless you flip Heads. But if you wanna play a better Dragonite card, Dragonite V is so much better.

Greedent ex: Meh, nothing really to get excited about, just 210 damage for 3 energy 190 if using DTE, but then again it can only use it once, then can't use it the next turn.

Drampa: Nothing exciting really, just another Outrage attacker

Stoutland: Only decent against Pokemon with high retreat costs.

Overall, nothing really good in this reveal, disappointing, i wish the Dragonite was better than this.
Greedwnt EX is basically the same as oinkologne ex. You can now run the oink tank concept without any pigs. The swovet bibarel engine. Full face guard. Cherins care. It's tier 3 but it's a fun deck to play in casual battles.

Greedwnt EX is basically the same as oinkologne ex. You can now run the oink tank concept without any pigs. The swovet bibarel engine. Full face guard. Cherins care. It's tier 3 but it's a fun deck to play in casual battles.
One of the main pulls for Oinkologne ex is that Maddening Scent only requires 1 energy attachment. Greedent can't do that and would not function as well as Oink at maintaining attacks.

Dragonite ex is subpar. Why does it seem like cards are getting worse? Is it because of the power creep complaints? Why is the ex and VSTAR cards worse than the V? They both should've been really good cards and yet both are bad why?
They are purposefully getting worse to change up the format come rotation in like two years.

I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around the idea that they'd spend so much time and energy producing so much blatant filler. Does offering a starter deck for every type have an overwhelmingly positive marketing effect or something? Why doesn't the international print of the game have that same belief? It's kind of distressing when this stuff goes into boosters en masse.

Depressing that Dragonite only hits the magic 280 off a coin flip and we don't have the redo coin flip Victini anymore. Greedent's Get Greedy looks kinda interesting.

I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around the idea that they'd spend so much time and energy producing so much blatant filler. Does offering a starter deck for every type have an overwhelmingly positive marketing effect or something? Why doesn't the international print of the game have that same belief? It's kind of distressing when this stuff goes into boosters en masse.
From perspective of a starter set, I'd only imagine it's for the market of just picking up a deck and rolling with it. That's fine, albeit 10 of them is kinda much. Maybe they got the business data that supports the market for it.

What's really gonna suck is how this ends up in western booster packs.

These are cards for Japanese starter decks. Maybe half a step up from our old Theme Decks or the current ex Battle Decks. The cards suck intentionally. They're meant to be basic cards with simpler designs mechanically so that new people can learn the basics of the game.

The problem is, like others have already mentioned, when these types of deliberate jank, moves from a product where it makes sense (starter decks), to one where it doesn't, which is in regular set boosters, when it comes to the West.

Someone at the Pokemon Company must really love Greedent, its been around for one generation and already has more cards than Linoone Watchog and Gumshoos. Who is out here fighting for more prints of this rat
Greedent is somewhat of a meme Pokemon in Japan from what I've seen. Think basically if the TCG was handled in America then we would've seen a lot of Mudkip love in the mid 2000s.

As one of the poster children for Obsidian Flames, the Dragonite ex is thoroughly disappointing. If you really wanted to make more starter decks, you could've at least given them to pokemon that aren't featured on the pack art for a main set. Let's just hope Dragonite at least gets a pretty illustrator rare.

Would be BRS onwards next year

That's right, I knew that... I guess my brain did that thing where it just erases the memory of a traumatic event so it doesn't have to deal with it. In this case, the fact that Lost Box is gonna be a thing for almost 2 more years.

Back