Tera Dragapult ex, Palafin ex, Legacy Energy ACE SPEC from “Mask of Change” Revealed!

Why do they keep buffing Blocklax? It has to be intentional at this point. I guess we're all just gonna have to start making room for 8 switching cards and Minior...

Can we at least ban Pidgeot V so the deck actually has to manage resources?

You know I was just thinking about a Life Dew reprint the other day actually. Obviously this isn’t a reprint, more of a spiritual successor but still cool to see.

Festival deck could prove to be really fun, the viability of it is probably questionable but I’m just happy to see fun rogue decks.

That Drakloak though is wild, I’m really so happy that between it, Refinement Kirlia, and the Metang from TF that TPCI has given middle stages more of a purpose than “You play it to evolve into X”. Where’s my meta destroying Whirlipede?

The gimmick of the Festival Grounds is interesting, and I could see a niche deck using TMs with this, especially since you can search for 2 a turn. Also the Soul Dew reprint is crazy.

Ability: Zero to Hero
Once during your turn, when this Pokemon moves from the Active Spot to the Bench, you may search your deck for Palafin ex and switch it with this Pokemon. Any attached cards, damage counters, Special Conditions, turns in play, and any other effects remain on the new Pokemon. If you searched for a Pokemon in this way, put this card into your hand and shuffle your deck.

No, you would need something that blocks abilities in the deck and I don't think that ever existed, not even Garbotoxin affects the deck.
Garbotoxin does if you’re evolving from hand, same with Wobbuffet because they remove abilities from hand.

The gimmick of the Festival Grounds is interesting, and I could see a niche deck using TMs with this, especially since you can search for 2 a turn. Also the Soul Dew reprint is crazy.
Unfortunately, it can't use TMs twice. The wording is a bit weird but what it should say in the official translation is that the Pokemon can use its attack twice, which TMs aren't.

Unfortunately, it can't use TMs twice. The wording is a bit weird but what it should say in the official translation is that the Pokemon can use its attack twice, which TMs aren't.
This is different from Jumpluff where it simply says it can attack twice, or Incineroar and Cramorant where it ignores the cost of attacks that it uses.

Does Waking Whistle let you choose which card you put in play ?
Let's say my opponent's reveals one Frigibax and one C-Pao, can I tell my opponent to only play Frigibax and shuffle Pao in the deck?

Does Waking Whistle let you choose which card you put in play ?
Let's say my opponent's reveals one Frigibax and one C-Pao, can I tell my opponent to only play Frigibax and shuffle Pao in the deck?
"Put any number of Basic Pokémon you find there onto your opponent’s Bench."

Reading is fundamental, my guy.

If a card that block abilities is in the field, can we evolve Palafin ex without the baby Palafin?
Only the abilities of Pokemon currently in play would be blocked. Palafin is in your deck, so its ability would only be blocked once it had already entered play, not before.

Palafin ex is essentially the Pokemon equivalent to Yu-Gi-Oh's "Garnet" - a card important to a strategy, but does nothing meaningful if it ends up in your hand. The Palafin ex must be in the deck for baby Palafin to switch into it.
You would need to either:

A) Use the new supporter 'Perrin' - you reveal up to two pokemon from your hand, shuffle them into your deck, then you can search your deck for up to 2 Pokemon and add them to your hand (depending on how many Pokemon you revealed). So shuffle in Palafin EX, and search for a Palafin.

B) Ultra Ball your Palafin EX into the discard pile to find your Palafin. Then use Super Rod to shuffle Palafin EX back in to make it searchable from the deck.

C) Hope that Pokemon Communication gets a reprint.

D) Accept that a 1-1-1 Palafin tech line is probably a ridiculous idea in the first place.

Last edited:
Back