Playthrough Team Rocket's Revenge - Complete!

RE: Team Rocket's Revenge! A Wonderlocke - Chapter 20

Will Jessie be travelling in Hoenn when Oras comes out? :D

steffenka said:

Good question! I guess that depends how my Platinum playthrough goes. If I did a Jessie playthrough for ORAS, though, it would either be 1) not a Nuzlocke or Wonderlocke or CMT or anything since I'd want to play through with the Pokémon I choose and not have to worry about restrictions or anything, or B) a few months after ORAS is out to give me enough time to do my "normal" playthrough of ORAS on my own and then start a new game with Jessie.

Athena said:
steffenka said:

Good question! I guess that depends how my Platinum playthrough goes. If I did a Jessie playthrough for ORAS, though, it would either be 1) not a Nuzlocke or Wonderlocke or CMT or anything since I'd want to play through with the Pokémon I choose and not have to worry about restrictions or anything, or B) a few months after ORAS is out to give me enough time to do my "normal" playthrough of ORAS on my own and then start a new game with Jessie.

I personally think you should play through ORAS on your own first, and then do the new game with Jessie :)
Btw what is a CMT? ._.'

CMT stands for "Choose My Team". It's a type of run where the Pokémon of a person's team are chosen by other people in a community, so you have a set team from the beginning, and you might have a chance to play with other Pokémon that wouldn't have otherwise. It's not as difficult as a Nuzlocke, but it's a nice change of pace.

Since I'm, at the longest, a couple weeks away from finishing this run up at my current rate, I have decided to go ahead and post the thread for Jessie's CMT Platinum run, which I will be starting once this one is complete. Please go and suggest some Pokémon for me to use so I'll be all set and ready to start that one once I'm finished here! :)

RE: Team Rocket's Revenge! A Wonderlocke - Chapter 21

Since I'm bragging about how far I'm coming along and all, I may as well post another chapter to show that I can prove it!

Another longish chapter, but mostly because I got really detailed in my plot and descriptions rather than because a bunch of things happened.

Chapter 21: The Aftermath
In the common room of the Pokémon Center in Anistar, I watched the news as yet another media team relived the rise and downfall of Team Flare. Old interviews with Chaos Jackal were pulled from the archives and reexamined to see if anyone could see any traces of the psychotic egotism that had led him to try and destroy the world. Team Flare members all over the region were being arrested and brought into questioning. The Kalos police force was offering substantial rewards for information on Chaos Jackal's whereabouts and also for details about the destruction that occurred in Geosenge, but for once, I wasn't interested in the money. Chaos Jackal was likely dead, and I didn't want to relive those events all over again. Even worse, I didn't want to appear on TV or in newspapers. I didn't want my identity examined and possibly linked back to Team Rocket, and I especially didn't want HQ to know what I'd accomplished, at least not quite yet.

I clenched my fist around the orange and yellow Poké Ball in my hand, the one containing Xerneas, the legendary Pokémon. When I'd first arrived in Anistar I had originally planned on sending it to HQ right away, but something stayed my hand. The more I thought about it, the more I delayed. I would be hailed as a hero, fully successful on an important mission for the first time in my entire life. I had mastered Mega Evolution and procured not only the important key stone, but also several individual mega stones. I'd not only figured out Team Flare's plans, but I'd completely obliterated them, destroying any chance they might have had of interfering with Team Rocket's goals and even capturing their legendary Pokémon.

But that was just it. I was successful, which meant in Team Rocket's eyes, my mission was done. They didn't care about the 7 badges I'd won and my strides towards the Pokémon League. To them, that was just part of my cover, and could be dropped as easily as an outfit that had fallen out of style. They didn't care about the bonds that I'd made with my Pokémon. In fact, they'd probably just take them back, since the Pokémon had been given to me by HQ anyway.

No, I'd stay silent for now. I was only 1 badge away from being able to compete in the Pokémon League. I never thought I'd even get close, but with the help of my Pokémon, we'd conquered almost all of the gyms. We had to keep going; we couldn't turn back now.

A buzz on my wrist jolted me out of my reverie as I received a holo clip call. I pressed the receive button and found myself staring into the face of Professor Furry who wanted to meet up and have a chat with me in Couriway, a small town about halfway between Anistar and the next Gym. I guessed it was about time that I got back on my journey anyway; I'd been resting and sulking at the PokéCenter for far too long.

I got up from the couch and left the other trainers watching the TV to head over to the bank of PCs. With the press of a button I stored Xerneas away with all of the other extra Pokémon that I couldn't carry around with me. Battling with a Legendary Pokémon would only serve to call attention to me, so I planned on keeping my original team. With 6 Poké Balls on my belt and a bag restocked with potions and antidotes, I left Anistar and continued on my journey.

It felt nice to be back on the road again, Pokémon at my side. I didn't have to worry about Team Flare anymore, so I could just pretend to be a regular trainer, exploring the sites, challenging others as I go. I did find and challenge many Pokémon trainers on the way to Couriway, beating all of them, of course. I also found and explored an abandoned mine cave, though it dead-ended before too long. The only thing of interest inside was a strange, purple rock that my Doublade found itself attracted to. Suddenly, it began to glow and evolved in Aegislash! I hadn't expected that and was pleasantly surprised.

It wasn't long before I ended up in Couriway, a quaint, touristy town famous for its large waterfalls. I wandered around around to see the sites before finally coming across the professor waiting on a bridge. Man, he'd be so hot if he ditched the tail, what a drag. We decided to grab a coffee at a local café and sat down to talk.

"I have to apologize to you about Chaos Jackal... I'm very sorry for the trouble he caused..."

I stared down at my coffee. Of course. Those two assistants of his had also been hanging around, both under the café and at Geosenge. Dedenne had probably heard everything from them. Stupid sexy Professor Furry.

"And I'd also like to thank you!" He continued, apparently oblivious to my desire to talk about anything BUT this. "I'm sincerely grateful for what you did for all of the Pokémon and people of this world. And by stopping Team Flare, you also saved Chaos Jackal. I always knew that he desired a beautiful world..."

"He did have his own reasons for what he did," I said, hesitating. "It may sem crazy to us, but he really did believe in what he was doing."

"And maybe someday the population of people and Pokémon will actually increase to where resources become very scarce." Dedenne shrugged. "If someone acts out of greed in such a world, surely some will go without. If all living things keep acting that way, there will be nothing left at all in the end. Why, there won't even be anything left to steal, will there?" He chuckled. "But what I really wanted was for him to put his ego aside and lead everything to greater heights. I never had this discussion with him, though. So I'm partially responsible for this."

I smiled awkwardly and touched his hand across the table. "Don't blame yourself. We see everything perfectly in hindsight, but at the time there wasn't anything you could have done."

"I guess you're right, Jessie." He smiled. "But before you move on, would you mind having another Pokémon battle with me? I want you and your Pokémon to take everything you learned from your journey and hit me with your very best shot!"

In the beginning, he'd battled me with the basic forms of the Pokémon typically given out to aspiring trainers in Kanto, but now they were all evolved into their final forms and much stronger. Charizard went down easily with a couple Surfs and Blastoise couldn't survive a single Thunderbolt from Raichu, but Venusaur was the hardest to take down. In the end, however, I persevered.

Professor Dedenne was smiling as he withdrew his last Pokémon. "You are really something, Jessie! You and your Pokémon have developed strong bonds by spending time together and by caring about one another. That's why you and your Pokémon are so strong."

"I just hope we'll be strong enough. I'm planning on making my way to the Pokémon League."

"I think you'll do just fine, Jessie. Also, I almost forgot to tell you this, but... a treasure of mine is hidden in this town! If you'd like, try to find it." He smirked. "Well, I'll be off then! I have many preparations I must attend to! I have a little surprise planned for all of you to thank you for fighting Team Flare and saving Kalos!"

I waved as he left and decided to spend the day trying to find his treasure. After all, there was a nice hotel here and I wanted to treat myself to a comfy bed before moving on. Pokémon Centers may be cheap, but they're not the best accommodations. It took me the rest of the afternoon before I found the text carved into one of the benches at the train station in town:

"To the person reading this: What are you like now? Did you become who you wanted to be? For starters, what was the person you wanted to become even like? I don't know, but it would be wonderful if you can boast that you're living each day to the fullest. To future Sycamore. From the Sycamore dreaming of the future."

Gardevoir
Doublade
Vaporeon
Tyrantrum
Arbok
Raichu

No levels given because I'm actually further than this in game right now but I didn't want to make another super long chapter.

Highlights/Notes/Thoughts:

I was totally not surprised about Aegislash evolving. I've been waiting for that stupid Dusk Stone since I brought Honedge onto my team.

I had my first troubles with having people online to WT with. :< I also had to do a few cycles now that I'm getting duplicates. I think I got a Pidgey from R18, a Durant in the Cave (fitting!), and a Nidoran(f) from Couriway Town (being able to Surf or Fish in a town counts as a separate place to get Pokémon, right? Right? >.> <.<). I'm hoping I won't have to swap out any other Pokémon, though. And if I do, Fletchling will probably be my go-to since a Fire-type would be useful.

I'll probably take a bit of a break to do some more leveling before Victory Road, and again before the Elite 4.

I also plan on doing a bit of post-game, too, before moving on to Platinum.

RE: Team Rocket's Revenge! A Wonderlocke - Chapter 22

Been playing a lot, but I know I have some leveling to do and other things, so I've been staggering my updates. Let's take a look at Jessie's progress, shall we? :)

Chapter 22: The Final Gym

Professor Furry's words kept playing through my head the following day when I left Couriway and began my journey west. Thinking about my life and my situation was an activity I'd abandoned long ago, mostly because I knew past Jessie wouldn't appreciate what had become of me. With Team Rocket, I lied, I cheated, I stole. I did harm to people and Pokémon and the environment. But it was the only life I knew, the only thing I could do to survive. Perhaps some part of me always knew that it was wrong, never really put in my full effort and that was why we always failed.

If that were true, it might help to explain my success now. Living a free and lawful life, I was more successful than I'd ever been. I've beaten an innumerable amount of trainers, took down a criminal organization, and even captured a Legendary Pokémon. I had 7 gym badges in the Kalos League and was on my way to my 8th. It was hard to reconcile this life with the life I lived before. Which of these people was really me: the successful Pokémon trainer or the failed Team Rocket member? I felt a loyalty to both selves that could not be reconciled with each other.

Despite my distraction, I continued on my way, battling the trainers that I passed and making my way to the next town. The path was somewhat swampy and desolate, but the battles were getting more and more difficult, the closer I got to the Pokémon League. I received a few more Pokémon from HQ, but I hardly even glanced at them. I had my team.

Eventually I made my way up above the swamp and onto a bridge when I was suddenly set upon by James and the other two twerps. None of them were particularly strong trainers compared to me, or even compared to Ash, but they each challenged me to a battle nonetheless. It was the first time I'd battled with James since our initial battle all the way back at the start of our journey, and even though I beat him easily, I was happy to see how far he'd progressed. He was always more about making friends with Pokémon than using them effectively, and he still seemed happy even after I beat him. The other two were pushovers, but again, battling wasn't their strong suit either. I was hoping to have some time to talk alone with James before moving on, but he left with the other two after our battle was over, handing me the HM for Waterfall before they left. Alone once again, I made my way to Snowbelle City, home of the final gym.

It was freezing in the city, despite the southern climes; apparently as a result of the Pokémon inside the Gym, which is Ice-type based. I quickly stopped by the local boutique to buy myself some warmer clothes, including a pair of nice, fur-lined boots, then spent some time walking around the city. The gym was located in the center, but when I walked past it, I was surprised to see the doors closed and the gym assistant hanging around outside. I was afraid the gym had shut down, that I might not be able to finish up after all, but the assistant assured me that the gym leader, a man named Wulfric, was just off at the moment, visiting in the Pokémon Village and pointed me the way. I thanked him and decided to check out the Village myself.

The path to the Pokémon Village was a long and winding journey through a dense forest. A year ago I would have been hopelessly lost in such a place, but now I've had so much experience navigating through forests and caves and such that I made my way through with relative ease, beating the few trainers I came across and enjoying the sights. I finally made my way to the village in the middle, and there I came face to face with Wulfric.

"You know what this place is?" He spoke to me as I approached, sensing my presence without having to see me. He turned around and smiled. "Welcome to the Pokémon Village. This place is a secret, y'know? Most of the Pokémon here are runaways--escaped from bad people who did awful things to them. It's a shame how many heartless Trainers who can't bother to care for their Pokémon are out there. Some of those Pokémon, though... Some of 'em are just too strong and found they didn't really have a place in the outside world, so they came here."

I could believe that, certainly. Team Rocket had done its share of bad things to Pokémon, and I'd seen even worse throughout my journeys, poachers and the like. The "village" seemed nice and peaceful, a large field of flowers in the middle of the forest, a place to rest and relax, though I didn't see many Pokémon.

Wulfric had a serious expression on his face as he examined the balls at my belt. "Hmm... I see. Your Pokémon sure seem to think highly of you. You've had some good times together, haven't you?" Before waiting for an answer, he turned around and shouted "Hey! You all can come out now. This one's alright!"

As if they had been waiting for his approval, Pokémon suddenly materialized around the field, seemingly out of thin air. They must have been frightened away at my approach, but Wulfric's assurances were enough to convince them that I was alright. Bird type Pokémon filled the air while Furfrou raced through the grasses and Espurrs curled up on rocks in the sun. I could see why Wulfric came to this place often.

"Sometimes I get worried and come here to check on everyone." He continued as I marveled at the surroundings. "Oh--excuse my manners. We haven't even had a proper introduction yet. The name's Wulfric. I'm usually over at the Gym is Snowbelle City, since I'm the Gym Leader and all. Let me guess--you want to challenge me?"

I smiled. "I would love to. My name is Jessie, out from Vaniville Town."

"I thought so. Sorry to inconvenience you like this. I'll be waiting for you back at the Gym, then. Before you come by, I think it would do you good to spend some time with the Pokémon here." Without another word, he left, leaving me alone with the Pokémon.

I tentatively reached out a hand to the nearest Furfrou and it came towards me happily, rubbing its head up against my hand and giving a soft woof. Another followed along behind it and nuzzled my legs. They were so sweet and trusting. A voice popped up in my head about how easy it would be to capture all of these trusting Pokémon, but I squashed it. Whatever I may be in the future, for now I was Pokémon Trainer Jessie, and these Pokémon were safe with me."

I spent a good couple hours wandering around the village and exploring the sights, but as it began to get dark, I knew I would have to head back to town before it got too late. I waved my goodbyes and began the trek back to the City. I made it right before sundown and treated myself to dinner at a nice café before turning in for the night at the local PokéCenter.

The next morning, I was wide awake and ready for my final Gym Battle. My Pokémon were all healed and well rested, ready for the challenge. The gym doors were open, and I entered with confidence, surprised to see a huge open room in front of me. I beat the first few challengers before learning the tricks of the gym; I would have to play around with the switches in order to open up the path to continue forward. 2 more trainers and a bit of puzzle-finagling later, and I was once again up against Wulfric, this time at his home in the Gym instead of in the open fields of the Pokémon Village.

He looked at me pensively before the battle started. "Y'know what? Ice is both extremely hard and terribly fragile at the same time. You know what that means? Depending on which Pokémon you choose and what moves they use, I could be your most challenging opponent yet or I could be a total pushover. But that's all right. That's how it should be! Anyway, enough of my rambling! Let's get this show on the road!"

I smiled, ready for the battle. I'd done my research the night before and had the battle well planned. Ice Pokémon could certainly be strong, but they were weak against the Steel and Fighting attacks of my Aegislash, and in return, their Ice moves would be weak against it. Aegislash managed to take down the entire team on his own, and I was proud when I recalled him at the end of the match.

"Impressive!" He smiled and laughed a great, big booming chuckle. "Your Pokémon fought with great courage. I can tell that you've trained your Pokémon well." He gave me my final badge, the Iceberg Badge, and also a TM for Ice Beam. "I hope you've learned a valuable lesson today. Being rigid can make you tough, but it will also render you fragile. You're better off being flexible. You know what I mean? Some people are fluid like water and can adapt to their environment without changing what's important on the inside. Not me, though. I guess I'm too stubborn. Maybe that's why I love Ice types."

I nodded and said my goodbyes, filing Wulfric's final words away in the same compartment as Professor Dedenne's: fancy words and thoughts that made me think about things I didn't want to have to think about. Thinking would come later. For now, I had 8 badges; Victory Road and the Elite Four were waiting for me.

Gardevoir
Doublade
Vaporeon
Tyrantrum
Arbok
Raichu

No levels given because I'm further along in the game than this chapter and I'm having super awesome happy fun time leveling. :U

Another straight-forward chapter, more battling than plot. I had forgotten that you had the 3 battles in a row with Shauna, Tierno, and Trevor on that one bridge so I was kind of hurting at that point, but they were still pretty easy to beat since at that point I was still a bit over-leveled. The Ice gym didn't provide many challenges either, though I always kind of brute force that puzzle.

My Wonder Trades during this chapter have been: Pokérus Koffing (Route 19), Bunnelby (Winding Woods), and French Abra (Pokémon Village). Not a bad haul, but all are low-leveled, and I'd prefer to just stick with my current team at this point.

Speaking of my current team....

Since I'm getting close to end game, I'd love to have suggestions for moves, hold items, uses of PP Ups, etc. for my Pokémon for when I go up against the Elite 4. I know they're not particularly tough compared to previous games, but I've never had to go through without revives, etc. and that's 5 battles in a row without any healing aside from what can do with items. So, any suggestions are definitely welcome.

Here's my team as they stand now. They still have HMs and stuff that I'll like be trading for better things before I take down the Elite 4.

Aegislash @ Rockey Helmet
Ability: Stance Change
Nature: Relaxed
- Cut
- Shadow Claw
- Sacred Sword
- Iron Head

Raichu @ Magnet
Ability: Static
Nature: Lonely
- Strength
- Thunderbolt
- Nuzzle
- Rock Smash

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
Nature: Serious
- Scald
- Waterfall
- Surf
- Ice Beam

Gardevoir @ Mind Plate
Ability: Telepathy
Nature: Modest
- Energy Ball
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Thunderbolt

Arbok @ Black Sludge
Ability: Intimidate
Nature: Jolly
- Sludge Bomb
- Gunk Shot
- Crunch
- Dragon Tail

Tyrantrum @ Lucky Egg
Ability: Strong Jaw
Nature: Naive
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Crunch
- Rock Slide

RE: Team Rocket's Revenge! A Wonderlocke - Chapter 23

Since I still haven't tackled the Elite 4 yet, and don't plan on writing a chapter about my post Victory Road leveling, this chapter will bring us up to where I am currently, which is right before the Elite 4 and Champion, making this the anti-penultimate chapter (plus epilogue(s)). Hope you guys enjoy!

Chapter 23: Walking Victory Road

The next morning, I slept in late, luxuriating in my bed's warmth. I'd spent the night in Snowbelle after my Gym Battle and I'm still not used to the unnatural cold of this city. Lying in bed half asleep, I kept flipping open my badge case to examine my badges, all 8, sitting there beautifully. It was a sight to behold. Of course, none of them meant a damn thing if I didn't drag my ass out of bed and get going to the Kalos League, and I used that thought as inspiration to pull myself together. I dressed warmly and ate a late breakfast, then headed out of town on the route west, a short path that led me to a gatehouse where the entrance to Victory Road was awaiting me.

Suddenly nervous, and feeling way too warm in my current clothes, I passed by and decided take a small break before heading in. I passed through the gatehouse and flew to Lumiose. It was a bit extravagant, but I knew a new hairdo and a change of clothes would make me feel more comfortable, so I splurged on a long-haired restyle and monochromatic outfit that made me feel amazing, then headed back to Victory Road, full of confidence. At least mostly full. Sort of. Better than I was.

I took a few deep breaths then plunged in, ready for anything. Of course, I had just spent all this money on fine clothes and a new hair style just to enter a stinking, wet cave...

My Pokémon and I navigated the cave well enough, though it wasn't called Victory Road for nothing. The trainers here were the hardest I'd ever fought, and even the wild Pokémon were tough. Sometimes the pathways led outside into the sunlight and fresh air, but most of the time was spent inside the stone walls, digging our way through rocks and dodging trainers. After a day of toiling, I managed to find a shortcut back to the entrance and I fled outside to heal my Pokémon at the PokéCenter and have a well-deserved night's rest in a bed, though I knew the next night would have to be spent camping.

Armed and ready the following day, my Pokémon and I headed back to Victory Road, and managed to retake our previous day's effort in only a short hour thanks to my discovered shortcut. We spent another long, hard day trailblazing through the mountain, though each hour seemed to get a bit easier as we grew even stronger together. Victory Road would make us, not break us, I vowed.

I was on an outside ledge of the mountain working my way past some ruins, when a voice called out from behind me. "Jessie! Wait up!" I turned around as saw Ash running towards me, huffing and puffing. It still felt weird to see him without that Pikachu on his shoulder, but I had to admit it was nice not having to try and steal from him all the time. It never seemed to end well anyway.

Ash smiled when he reached me. "I've been thinking ever since that incident in Geosenge. Lysandre chose only Team Flare. You and I chose everyone but Team Flare. But since our positions forced our hands, you can't really say any of us were right. So maybe... If both sides have something to say, it's best to meet halfway... SO I decided that from now on, I don't want to battle just to win but to see how you and your Pokémon think and feel! And that's the kind of Pokémon battle I'm challenging you to now!"

I didn't really understand his philosophy, but I welcomed the battle anyway. The first time we joined in combat I was so scared I almost pissed myself, but I was a strong trainer now, and I knew I could beat him. And beat him I did, hitting his team for weakness each time since I knew them so well now. The twerp had grown, but I had grown better, faster, and stronger than he had, and it showed.

"It's hard to put a finger on where, but I think you and I are alike," Ash commented after the battle, forcing me to raise an eyebrow. I was sure he'd never have said that if he'd known who I was. "And that's why I don't want to lose to you. But I think the reason we're alike is because we have so much in common. I'm really happy that we're friends."

I smiled weakly, unsure of how to respond. "Yes, it's been a fun journey together," I said neutrally.

"And so, I've decided that I'm renewing my rivalry with you! Since you're my rival, I hope you get stronger and stronger as a Pokémon Trainer. But we'll keep getting stronger and stronger, too! I can master the power that comes from the bond between me and my Pokémon, just like you did! Power right on through the Pokémon League! I know you can do it!" With a final wave, Ash turned around and raced back the other way. Did that mean he wasn't going to battle the Elite Four, too?

Exhausted from a day full of battles, my Pokémon and I decided to stake out a camping spot nearby so we could be under the stars and enjoying the fresh breezes. I grudgingly put together the tent, wishing for the comforts of a hotel, but if we kept going back to town at the end of each day, I knew we'd never make it through all the way to the end. It wasn't all that bad, really; we roasted berries and PokéPuffs over the fire and slept together in a nice big pile for warmth, making me feel comforted in a way that I hadn't felt since James, Meowth and I had split up.

The following morning we were all woken up early by the chirping of the Fletchlings, so we got a nice start on the day. Back into the mountains, following and deciphering the twisting paths, breaking rocks to find clues and shortcuts. We stopped for lunch when we finally reached the outside again, sitting in the spray of a large waterfall, then headed back inside. Just when I was wondering when we should stop for the night, we came upon a large staircase leading upwards to blue skies. Could this be? Did we finally make it through?

We did! Outside was the shining bright red roof of a PokéCenter and beyond that a large castle that could only be the home of the Elite Four and the Pokémon League Champion Diantha. My Pokémon and I collapsed into the Pokémon Center, weary and in need of healing, food, and drink. We had all in abundance and then collapsed into bed. We would take a few days to heal, rest, recover, and train, and then we would be taking on the toughest trainers in all of Kalos.

Gardevoir - Lv. 73
Aegislash - Lv. 72
Vaporeon - Lv. 72
Tyrantrum - Lv. 72
Arbok - Lv. 72
Raichu - Lv. 72

Wooo, Victory Road. \o/ I ended up not leveling beforehand since I felt VR itself would be a good leveling experience, so I just loaded up on healing items and dived in. In the beginning I spent a lot of time running back to the PC, but then I built up a rhythm and we were all good. Even most of the wild Pokémon give decent experience here, so I mostly fought battles instead of running (which is what I usually do).

And speaking of wild Pokémon, my last 2 WTs for Route 22 and Victory Road were a Togepi and a Kakuna. :p

I spent the rest of my leveling time in the Battle Chateau. With a Silver Writ of Invitation and a Red Writ of Challenge, I was getting new trainers enough to the point where I could specifically choose to only fight Furisode Girls (for delicious Audino XP) and Old People (for delicious monies), leveling up relatively easily and earning back enough money for account for the 200,000P spent on the writs and to account for Jessie's fashion habits.

Next stop will be the Elite 4. I think my levels are fine, but I'm working on figuring out moves.

Aegislash is mostly good, but I'll be swapping out Cut for Aerial Ace, I think. Raichu is getting Brick Break and Thunder in place of Rock Smash and Strength. Vaporeon will be gaining Shadow Ball in place of Waterfall and probably Dig in place of either Scald or Surf, though I might keep those instead. I picked up Focus Blast for Gardevoir, but I actually think her moveset is pretty good right now, actually. Went back for the Earthquake TM for Arbok, though I'm not sure yet if I went to use it to replace Gunk Shot (nice damage but only 5 PP and unreliable) or Dragon Tail (nice move and the Dragon typing is potentially useful, but the swapping out effect is kind of weird). Like Gardevoir, I think Tyrantrum's moveset is okay; I would have loved to give him either a better Rock move or something else that would make use of Strong Jaw, but couldn't find good options for either.

Anyway, once I make my final choices, I'll be moving on. CHAMPION OR BUST!

RE: Team Rocket's Revenge! A Wonderlocke - Chapter 24

Battle is go!

Chapter 24: Four Battles to Remember

It was late morning when I found myself staring up at the castle that was home to Kalos's Elite Four. My heart was pounding so hard I could hear the blood rushing through my ears. In the end, I'd stayed two days at the local PokéCenter, not one, researching and training and preparing myself for this match. I'd asked around to learn what the Elite Four were like to get a feel for their strategies, learned their Pokémon, memorized strengths and weaknesses. My Pokémon were working just as hard if not harder, learning moves and tactics and preparing themselves for this fight. I still didn't feel ready, but I probably never would.

I certainly looked the part of a promising trainer. I'd dressed in my best and made sure all of my Pokémon were clean and fit and sparkling with joy. Even the Poké Balls on my belt were gleaming. I was stocked and restocked with all sorts of potions and creams and unguents in case of any sort of injury or malady. I knew I wouldn't be able to visit the PokéCenter in between each match so I'd have to do my best to heal up with medicines in between. I had done everything I could possibly do, but still my pulse was racing.

I was as ready as I'd ever be, so I bit my lip and took the plunge, crossing over the small pool and into the doors to the inside of the Pokémon League. Two long halls led to the back of the castle, surrounding a large, inner room. I walked slowly towards the back, my heart pulsing with each step, not even seeing the artwork displayed on the walls.

The inside chamber was beautiful and richly decorated, but my attention was drawn to the center of the room where a woman with pink hair greeted me. She introduced herself as one of the Elite Four members, Malva, the Fire-type user. She calmly explained the system to me, though she seemed dismissive oif my abilities. I decided to take her down first. I followed her into the door and down a long corridor to an elevator that rose to bring me to a room filled with blazing flames in two large columns on either side. Sweating profusely, I mounted the steps for my first Elite Four challenge.

Malva opened with a Pyroar, so I brought out Arbok. Pyroar managed to outspeed me, but it's Flamethower did negligible damage compared to Arbok's powerful Earthquake, a new trick we'd learned in training. Malva restored it to health and called out a Noble Roar, but was only delaying the inevitable. Arbok's next Sludge Bomb poisoned it which gave me the extra edge I needed to KO it. Next was Torkoal so I swapped out to Vaporeon, knocking it out with a single Surf. Tyrantrum came out to go against Talonflame and he got hit by a quick Brave Bird, but the attack was weak against him and he shrugged it off easily to counter with a Rock Slide for the OHKO. Malva's final Pokémon was Chandelure, so I decided to swap back in Vaporeon. The ghost Pokémon managed to confuse Vaporeon before he could get an attack in and he spent a few turns hurting himself before snapping out and taking down Chandelure with a couple well-placed Surfs. Then it was over, my first battle complete with very little injury to show for it. Vaporeon was hurting a bit but still on his legs, and the others were fine.

I went into the room across the hall for my next battle and found myself in a room dominated by two humongous swords and a man in armor: Wikstrom, the Steel-type member of the Elite Four. He came down the stairs to meet me with a bunch of flowery language, and soon the battle was on. He started out with Klefki and so I opened again with Arbok, knocking out Klefki with a couple Earthquakes while it scattered spikes about. Not wanting to risk the wrath of the spikes more than necessary, I kept Arbok in for another Earthquake KO. Wikstorm's next pick was Scizor, one of my tougher match-ups. I sent in Raichu and managed to knock out the bug with a Thunder and Thunderbolt, thought not without taking some heavy damage. The last Pokémon on Wikstrom's team was an Aegislash, so I swapped out into Tyrantrum. A well-timed King's Shield lowered his Attacking power, but not enough to make a difference, especially when he swapped into Sword form, allowing Tyrantrum's second Crunch to knock it out easily. A second victory was mine.

We took a break of a break to heal and rest before the 3rd challenge, eventually heading into the lower left room where we were transported to a murky chamber protected by a pair of large dragon wings and a huge stone head. We'd entered the chamber of Drasna, the Dragon-type Elite Four member. She opened the battle with her Dragalge, and I made my first blunder of the day, calling out my recently-healed Raichu. I swapped out to Gardevoir, but my slowness had cost Gardevoir a good chunk of her health, forcing me to switch to Vaporeon for the next Pokémon, Altaria. Altaria went down to a single Ice Beam, thankfully, and I kept in Vaporeon for the next round against Noivern. Noivern got in an early Super Fang, but was damaged by Vaporeon's Rocky Helmet and I was able to get a counter KO with another Ice Beam. Drasna's last Pokémon was a Druddigon, so I swapped Gardevoir back in, healing her with a quick hyper potion while Druddigon got off a weak Revenge. Dazzling Gleam took it out the next turn, letting me win battle number 3.

The last chamber was against the hall, a room filled with waterfalls where Siebold, the Water-type member was waiting for me. We chatted for a bit about Pokémon battling as an art form, but he must have smelled my nerves since he started the battle soon after. He opened with a Clawitzer and I called out Raichu, knocking it out with a fast and powerful Thunderbolt. I kept Raichu in against Gyarados for another quick OHKO. He brought out Barbaracle next and I made another slip up, sending out Tyrantrum instead of Gardevoir like I'd planned. I thought quickly and called out an Earthquake, doing a good amount of damage, but not enough to end the battle. It did cause Siebold to spend a turn healing, though, which was just the break I needed to get in the KO with a Crunch and another Earthquake. For the last battle, I sent out Aegislash against his Starmie. It set up a quick Light Screen, but that wasn't enough to save it from Aegislash's Shadow Claw. The last battle was mine. It was now time to face the Champion, Diantha.

Back in the center room, my Pokémon and I rested and healed again, this time in the shining white light of the large open doors at the head of the room. I ran through my plans in my head one last time, double- and triple-checking everything I could think of, then plunged through the open doors. The elevator that transported me was a glowing mosaic Poké Ball that rose into an elegant room with colourful stained glass and blowing curtains.

"Welcome at last, dear Trainer." Diantha greeted me as I stepped forward. "As you must know, I am the Champion, Diantha. Oh, but you are... You're the child I spoke to in Lumiose City and Coumarine City, aren't you?! Then that means that you are also the one that dear Dedenne said..." She blushed a nice shade of beet red. "Of course! How could I--?! Oh, I must look like such a fool not to recognize you sooner! You and your Pokémon are the ones who stopped Team Flare for us all! It seems wrong of me to say this, but thank you! You saved us all... I can't wait to see what you and your Pokémon are capable now that I know exactly what it is you've done already!"

She opened up the battle with her Hawlucha and I sent out my Raichu in response, getting a quick and easy KO with a Thunderbolt. Next up was Tyrantrum, so I swapped out into Gardevoir who took it down with a Dazzling Gleam, and then I switched in my own Tyrantrum to go against her Gourgeist, knocking it out with a single super-effective Crunch. I brought Gardevoir back out for the battle against Goodra, though the gooey Dragon managed to burn her when a Dazzling Gleam wasn't quite good enough for a fast KO. We went back and forth for a few turns as my Gardevoir kept Gleaming Dazzlingly while Diantha healed up Goodra, but I managed to pull off the KO before Gardevoir took too much burn damage. Diantha brought out Aurorus next, so I countered with Aegislash's Iron Head, back in the swing of my OHKOs. Diantha's last Pokémon was her own Gardevoir, and one equipped with a Gardevoite! It Mega Evolved and sent off a Shadow Ball right as Aegislash moved in with an Iron Head of its own. It was close, but Aegislash managed to hold on long enough to get the KO in.

I had defeated the Champion! I won!

Diantha maintain her regal posture as she calmly withdrew her Mega Gardevoie. "I-I'm so choked up that it's hard to know what I should say, but I...I... I'm just so glad at this moment that I was good enough to be the Champion... After all, it gave me the chance to meet and battle with you and your wonderful Pokémon! Now I understand just why dear Dedenne--that's Professor Sycamore to you--said he had to get everything ready for the new Champion! He'll be waiting for us in Lumiose City, but before I take you there... My dear Jessie, would you mind coming this way with me?"

I didn't know what she had in mind, but I managed to nod dumbly as she stepped forward and the mosaic tiled Poké Ball rose another floor above us to a rather small room lit with a faint glow.

"Here we are!" Diantha announced, spreading her arms wide. "I'm so glad to welcome you in. This grand chamber is where you enter the Kalos region's Hall of fame. This is where Pokémon Trainers will live on forever, remembered always for giving their all in battle to the Pokémon League and for the glory and light that they shared with all.

Come, Jessie… Your love for your Pokémon… And the way that those Pokémon gave everything they had in battle for you… We'll record them all right here for eternity."

Raichu - Lv. 73
Tyrantrum - Lv. 73
Vaporeon - Lv. 72
Aegislash - Lv. 72
Arbok - Lv. 72
Gardevoir - Lv. 74

So, the battles against the Elite 4 as written are pretty accurately depicted... the first time I battled the Elite Four. Unfortunately, I happened to drop my 3DS causing the card to pop out right after I finished Siebold's battle and I hadn't saved since I'd entered, so all my progress was lost and I had to fight them over again. I actually had worse luck the second time around, but was able to correct my mistakes, so all in all it ended at about the same difficulty.

The couple times I messed up were all reading errors. When I was going against Drasna, I was accidentally looking at my notes section for Siebold which is why I had Raichu first in my party. Herp. Then, when fighting against Siebold, I thought he swapped to Starmie when he actually swapped to Barbaracle. Derp.

I was perhaps a bit too over-leveled, but I was so nervous about these battles, especially without being able to use revives. I could probably have made it just fine if I'd stopped leveling at 70 like my initial plan. Of course, my main focus was trying to get OHKOs and such so I don't really know how well I would have done if I'd had to be more defensive.

Of course, the Champion is beat but Jessie's time in Kalos isn't quite over yet. Stayed tuned for one final chapter and also an epilogue that will link this story with my next coming playthrough of Pokémon Platinum, so stay tuned. :)

RE: Team Rocket's Revenge! A Wonderlocke starring Kalos League Champion Jessie!

Ohgawd, how selfless I am. Sharing eternal life with another person... I knew the ending, don't worry
I'm sad that I vanished, but at least I was glorious. Hehe, I never loved Lysandre, but he's the only guy I like from XY.
Congratulations, Athena-chan! I'm waiting for the Platinum run. In fact, I've already posted there...

Chapter 25: Tying Up Loose Ends

There was a celebration being planned in Lumiose City, but it was too late in the day to leave, so Diantha invited me to stay with her in the chambers she had in the Pokémon League for when she was stayign here on League business. I was in such a state of shock I could hardly speak, but I somehow managed to agree and follow Diantha up to to lofty apartment up at the top of the castle. Diantha herself had appointments to keep and couldn't stay, but she left me in the hands of the League assistants as she left. They healed my Pokémon and brought me up a meal for dinner. I thought I would be too stressed out to eat, but after a single bite I discovered how ravenous I was and I managed to eat the entire plate full and had enough room leftover for seconds.

The view from the windows of the apartment was amazing. Now only did I get a ncie, clear view of the stars from the remote mountain top, but I could also see far off into the mountains and forests of the south, and the glow from Lumiose City was also visible off to the west. Looking out, I didn't have to think, I could just be, and the adrenaline slowly ran out of my system, calming my heart and untensing my muscles. Suddenly, I felt very tired, the long day catching up with me. I managed to stumble off into my assigned room and just barely was able to take off my shoes before collapsing onto the bed into a deep sleep.

One of Diantha's assistants woke me up the next morning. Diantha herself wouldn't be able to take me to Lumiose, but had arranged transportation for me. Once there, I met up with Professor Furry and also James, Ash, Tierno, and Trevor for a huge celebration in the city. We got a parade all to ourselves, riding in a beautiful carriage to the final destination, the Prism Tower, where there would be a small ceremony.

"What an amazing turnout!" Professor Dedenne said to me as we all stood at the tower, basking in adoration. "All of these people are here to celebrate your achievements. I'd like to present you with the Honor of Kalos for the bravery you showed battling Team Flare! I'm so proud of you all! On behalf of the entire Kalos region, I'd like to say... Thank you!"

He affixed the medal to my chest and gave me a kiss on the cheek as I smiled for the cameras. I hadn't known ahead of time that the parade and festivities would also be about my triumph over Team Flare, but I should have guessed that he wouldn't have been able to keep the secret for too long. By now, knowledge of my exploits must have reached HQ, but I hoped they wouldn't be too anxious for me to come back; there were still a few things I wanted to do yet before I showed myself to the Boss.

I must have been lost in my own thoughts because next thing I knew the giant AZ was approaching me, a grim look on his face. "Battle with me. I want to know what a 'Trainer' is."

I nodded and clutched my Pokémon, calling out Raichu as he started with his Torkoal. I managed to KO it and his next Pokémon, a Sigilyph, in one shot each, then swapped out to Vaporeon for the KO on his Golurk. It wasn't a difficult battle by any means, but it must have been what he wanted.

"Thank you very much for battling with me," AZ said with a sigh as he recalled his last Pokémon. "Now I finally feel free… Free from the part of me mired in sorrow--the part of me that built the ultimate weapon…"

A break in the clouds suddenly shined light down on the street and a small Floette fluttered down, an interesting one with a different pattern than the other's that I'd seen. This must have been the Pokémon AZ had talked about, since the two shared a warm reuinion. "Floette…" he cried. "It's been 3,000 years…"

"His Pokémon was waiting all this time..." Dedenne muttered to me quietly. "Waiting for him to return to the man he was. The man who loved Pokémon with all his heart."

"I'm glad he's finally reached peace with himself," I replied neutrally, hoping that someday I'd be able to find a similar peace for myself. As AZ as his Floette left, so did the other spectators, and the Professor offered the five of us a ride back to Vaniville, our home town. I would have rather stayed in Lumiose to leave on my own errands, but I had no logical reason to refuse, so I went along to the others and spent my second night in the "home" I shared with "mother" Cassidy.

In the morning, I awoke and had a moment of disorientation before I remembered where I was. Downstairs, Cassidy was frying eggs while she waited for me. "Your boyfriend, that furry professor, left a message for you to meet him at the train station in Lumiose." She rolled her eyes. "Honestly, how long do you plan on maintaining this ruse? We should have left home for Kanto days ago when you beat that Team Flare."

"Don't worry, mom, we'll be heading back soon," I replied with a grin and left out the door before she could get another word in.

Outside, James was waiting for me. He was alone, but still playing the role of Shauna that he seemed to enjoy so much. He offered to trade Pokémon with me, but I was too attached to my team and so I turned him down, at least for now. I had to get to a PokéCenter to grab my Fletchling and then confirm some rumours. It was almost time to go home, but I had just a couple stops to make first...

---

At a familiar cave in eastern Kalos, my Pokémon and I stopped to catch our breath outside the final stairwell. After a quick bite, we resumed our trek into a strange, x-shaped cavern. In the center was the object of my search, a culmination of the collection of strange rumours heard around Kalos. The bright green Legendary Pokémon towered above me, so I quickly called out Raichu, hoping to Paralyze it, not realizing that it was grounded and the electrical attacks caused no damage. I cursed and swapped out to Tyrantrum to weaken it, only to watch it shift in form before my eyes to lose its weaknesses. After a bit of battering, I switched in Aegislash to weaken it further, finally tossing another ball when it was struggling to stand. Successful catch! I used an Escape Rope to quickly exit the cave, then went to relax at a PokéCenter before making my final move...

---

My next destination was more based on a hunch than any concrete information, but I hoped it would prove true. I flew to Snowbelle and followed the twisting route to the village, then made my way through the grasses to the small, hidden cave in the back. Yet, part of me was still surprised to see him waiting there.

"I know you probably won't believe me," I told him, knowing full well that he could understand me, "but there is a part of me that regrets bringing you in. Still... we both have roles to play in this world, and masters that we serve. Perhaps, in time, you will com to forgive me, or least learn to appreciate my skill."

I brought out Raichu again when the battle commenced, getting in an early Paralyze. He struggled against me, getting in a barrier to help with its defenses and flinging an Aura Sphere, but the paralyzation held him back. Eventually I swapped out to Aegislash to continue the weakening process, bringing my target to his knees. Still, he fought, knocking away my Poké Balls even at the end of his health. In the end it wasn't one of my fancy balls but a plain red Poké Ball that finally captured him.

"There." I brushed the dirt of my knees and kissed the sealed Poké Ball. "Now I can go home."

I toyed with the idea of meeting Professor Furry like he requested... but, no, I'd made my choice. Talking to the Professor would only make it harder for me to go home. I didn't want any more questions. I'd done everything that was asked of me and more, above and beyond the call of duty, even beating the Kalos League. It was time for me to go back to HQ, turn in my Pokémon, change into my familiar uniform, and claim my reward. It was time to see my family again. It was time to return to Team Rocket.

Wow, this has been a blast of a run. I lost a lot of Pokémon, shed a lot of tears, but overall, I had a lot of fun. Thanks to everyone who's read along, offering suggestions and support along the way.

However, the story isn't completely finished. I have one more plot-only bit that will be posted both as an Epilogue to this story and a Prologue to my new one, the continuing adventures of Jessie, this time in the land of Sinnoh. If you haven't checked that out yet, please click on the link in my sig and feel free to suggest some Pokémon (if I haven't started yet by the time you read this anyway). Jessie's made a lot of strides as both a Pokémon Trainer and as a human being, but there's still a long way for her to go. I hope you'll continue to follow along with her story.

Epilogue: This isn't what I came here for...

My hair was back to its usual magenta, green earrings in place, new uniform shining brightly in the dim lighting of Giovanni's office. I wasn't often called to the boss's office in person, but he asked to see me personally on my return to HQ from my journeys throughout Kalos, and I was happy to oblige. I hadn't seen James since he met with the Boss a couple days ago and had been anxiously awaiting my own meeting so that I could learn his whereabouts. Hopefully, once this meeting was done and over with, we would just be able to go back to working together again, the two of us and Meowth. I hadn't realized it much while I was gone, but I missed both of them and the carefree lifestyle we had together, following the twerp.

Giovanni was facing away from me, leaning back in his chair as he finished a phone call, so I stood at attention, waiting my turn. Finally, he hung up and turned around to look at me, disgust flashing across his face. "We got the news weeks ago that the Team Flare headquarters had been destroyed, why did it take you so long to get back?"

"I'm sorry, sir, but I had a few things I wanted to finish before I left, knowing that I'd likely never be able to show my face there again. Hopefully they'll be worth the time to you." I reached into the pocket of my white skirt and pulled out 3 Pokéballs, one yellow and blue, one dark green, and the last a traditional white and red.

Giovanni reached forward and grabbed the first one, fingering it gently. "I take it one of these is the Legendary Pokémon controlled by Team Flare?"

"Yes, sir, the one you're holding. The other two may be a bit more... surprising."

"This one?" He pointed at the green ball.

"Another Legendary Pokémon of Kalos called Zygarde. I had heard snippets about it while on my journeys, mostly rumours, but I was able to piece together its location once I had access to The Champion's files."

"And the other?"

I smirked. "An old friend of yours. He seems to have softened considerably since when he was last under your control, but I'm sure that you can change that, especially with the help of this Mewtownite."

"Mewtwo has a Mega Stone?" Giovanni raised his eyebrows. "Intriguing indeed."

"I have some others, too, though you'll need to find your own Pokémon to use them with," I continued, dumping the rest of the mega stones I'd found onto his table. "I guess you'll want this, too." I stripped off the Key Stone bracelet and handed it over as well.

Giovanni leaned back in his chair, steepling his fingers and eying me closely. "I must admit, you've done much better on this mission than I ever could have hoped for. You managed to single-handedly take down Team Flare and captured these wonderful Pokémon for me, all while learning the details of Mega Evolution and becoming the Kalos League Champion. I never would have thought you'd be capable of such great things; truly, you have exceeded my expectations."

I basked in the gratitude, smiling warmly. "Thank you, sir, it was a pleasure." It was the warmest praise I'd ever heard from the man.

"In fact, you've done so well that I have decided to send you on another mission.

My heart sunk. "Another mission... sir?" I had hoped to go back to normal, working with James and Meowth. Would I instead be rewarded with anotehr trip off to nowhere to act as a spy for Team Rocket?

"I've recently received word of another gang springing up in the Sinnoh region. They call themselves Team Galactic. I'm... concerned about the danger they might pose to us." He grinned. "You've proven yourself to be such a capable actress and Pokémon Trainer; I have no doubts about your abilities to complete your task."

"And what will my task be, sir?" I swallowed uneasily.

"I've arranged for you to take the place of a young woman named Dawn who will be starting out as a new Trainer from the Sinnoh town of Twinleaf. Once again, you'll be playing the role of a young Pokémon Trainer off on her first adventures, catching Pokémon battling the Pokémon League. And I will expect you to capture your own Pokémon this time; you've proven yourself capable, so there will be no more handouts. Of course, you must also find out what information you can about this Team Galactic and see what you can do to disrupt their activities, just don't do anything to get yourself caught. James will also be there; I sent him ahead for you to help build up your cover. Do try to make sure he stays out of trouble, will you?"

I bowed deeply. "I will be happy to oblige, sir."

"Good! Now get going. My secretary will give you your debriefing packet and you can read it on the way. Your plane leaves in an hour." Giovanni turned back around in his chair, clearly dismissing me. Looks like I'll be back on the road as a Trainer once again...

And thus, Jessie's adventures in Kalos come to a close. If you're interested in following along with the rest of her story, please click on the link in my sig to check out the next chapter, a CMT of Jessie in Pokémon Platinum!

Back