BW/BW2 Team Plasma: A Chess Set!?

Hahaha! I'm glad you all like my idea! It just came to me when I was play the chess game on my ipod and the pieces were black and white so I was like "Black and White.....Pokemon!!!!" Yes I know thats random but that is how most of my ideas come to me!

How do i never think of these genius ideas? I hope something like that happens, but i hope you dont have to play chess... (i suck at it):D

RunningWithScizors said:
Personally, I think they look more like refugees from a Renaissance Faire than anything chess-related, but that's just my opinion.

I relate more to your idea then chess. I loved your analogy, BTW.

Again, I just see a stupid team of badly-dressed knights. Sorry.

Chess is a really old game, isn't it? All back to the knights time? These Knights is looking for some dragons... and are playing nice guys who will HELP Pokemon, like a good chess tactic... intil BANG, you lost XD

TheDarkLucario said:
Don't insult chess in front of me or I'll break into your house and destroy your computer >:}

Lol sorry, I didn't mean it as an insult :(. I guess I should have used the word "traditional" rather than "outdated" :cool:; as it has been around for a long time.

*Moves house and takes laptop*

LOL Mucrush good point they are. . .

LIKE KNIGHTS SLAYING DRAGONS!

it can't be that simple though. What about setting pokemon free from slavery and what not?

Shimama-man said:
I think having a good command over the English language and a little bit of Japanese will suffice :D
Chess is outdated anyway.... .__.

Chess, is just as, if not more popular than the Pokemon TCG, I have never been to a Pokemon league or tournament before, but go to every chess tournament, that I have the ability to go to.

By the way they have States and Nats too.

Lost ftw

EDIT: Another thing about the topic, The check thing would be a good ide, but I think that it would be checkmate, because he could run away from battling per say.

Lost ftw

I think this is a good theory, but there hasn't been any direct proof that they will be related to a board game. I mean if their was a little more proof to back it up then I would go with this theory a bit more, but the only proof you gave was that the games are called black and white and Team Plasma's midieval look. To me the names of the games aren't much proof and the midieval look could just be the way they look. Other than that it is a great theory. XD.

Guy89 said:
I think that it would be checkmate, because he could run away from battling per say.

You're right. That's what I mean I just didn't know "checkmate" was a verb. . .

We're just speculating dude. We really don't have anything to back this up except the fact it sounds super cool and the grunts look like pawns.

The random Grunts will probably be called Pawns instead, and there will probably be three admins, named Bishop, Knight, and Rook (in addition to the leaders King and Queen). I doubt they'll have you actually play a game of chess to get to the leader, however.

Shiny Noctowl said:
The random Grunts will probably be called Pawns instead, and there will probably be three admins, named Bishop, Knight, and Rook (in addition to the leaders King and Queen). I doubt they'll have you actually play a game of chess to get to the leader, however.

This would be my bet as well. Sort of like how in DPPt how there was Jupiter, Mars, and Saturn as admins. Plasma Pawn (Name) does sound like a pretty neat way to call grunts.

Also, I think perhaps the green hair of the Plasma leader might have something to do with the plasma name itself. But of course I have no idea.

Yeah you have a great idea just like zero's but maybe the guy in the vid is crowing the king and queen and the guy is called Checkmate. o_O

The thing is the chess theory has nothing to do with their name. They are named Plasma because of the electricity from Zekrom and the fire from Reshiram.

aaroncsmall2 said:
The thing is the chess theory has nothing to do with their name. They are named Plasma because of the electricity from Zekrom and the fire from Reshiram.

The name 'Team Plasma' doesn't exactly fit their costumes, either, it only (presumably) references the Legends.
And while we're on the subject, why were Team Rocket initially called Team Rocket?...

aaroncsmall2 said:
Plasma could also be from Blood Plasma (It's yellowish and accounts for just over 50% of the blood volume)... Neither has anything to do with chess, but.. meh.

Back