RMT Team Pichu!

thegrovylekid

Makes fake cards
172.gif 303-mega.gif 681.gif 383.gif 658.gif 645.gif

Hi everyone! this is my Ubers team! I've noticed that, while it's good, It could be better. I took this team to the semifinals of a recent Ubers tournament, so yeah.

Pichu @Focus Sash
ability: Static
- Fake out
- Thunder Wave
- Encore
-Volt Tackle
EVS: 252 Speed, 252 Attack, 4 HP
Nature: Jolly

Yep, it's a Pichu. The main reason Pichu is here is because I love Pichu <3 <3 <3
Pichu's best asset on this set is Fake out. If something's at low health, you can get a garunteed KO with fake out, because, let's be honest, who's going to be scared of a Pichu in ubers tier? Thunder wave can buy you a turn, and if they have ~30% left, you can fake out into a Volt Tackle [this works well because you have a Focus Sash] unfortunately, Pichu does die from this, but still, it works.

A couple videos of Pichu taking KOs in Ubers:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-240178728
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-240165604
th-2.jpg

Mawile @Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate/Huge Power
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Play Rough
EVS: 248 HP, 252 Attack, 8 Special Defense
Nature: Adamant

Your standard Mega Mawile. Not much to say here. You can try to set up a swords dance, and if you can pull it off, sucker Punch will OHKO almost anything. Due to Mawile's low speed, you'll be Sucker Punching often, but the variety is still there.

Aegislash @Weakness Policy
Ability: Stance Change
- King's Shield
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Shadow Sneak

Pretty much your standard Aegislash. You'd be surprised at how many people hit with a super-effective move without killing. what I like to do is set up a SD, and if they go for something like an earthquake, Shadow sneak is terrifying. +4 STAB priority Shadow Sneak OHKO's a LOT.

Groudon @Red Orb
Ability: Drought/Desolate Land
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- Dragon Tail

Your standard Primal Groudon lead, but with Dragon Tail to cycle through Pokémon and wear them down for Pichu. I set up a Stealth rock, adn then start hammering away with Earthquake, Dragon Tail, and Fire Punch.

Greninja @Life Orb
Ability: Protean
- Shadow Sneak
- Gunk Shot
- Scald
- Dark Pulse
EVS: 252 Speed, 252 Special Attack, 4 Attack
Nature: Hasty

Mixed Greninja. It can hit everything for at least Neutral damage. Watch out, because with LO, the hasty nature, and being a Greninja, you die almost instantly. Still, the Mixed option is here to get around Special walls, and Shadow Sneak gives the already fast Greninja a STAB Priority move.

Landours-I @Choice Specs
Ability: Sheer Force
-Earth Power
-Sludge Wave
-Extrasensory
-Focus Blast
EVS: 252 Special Attack, 252 Speed, 4 Special Defense
Nature: Timid.

Your average special Ladorus-I. It can also hit everything for neutral damage, but is sturdier than Greninja. You're fast [I've outsped an ARCEUS before] and specs attacks mean even the bulkiest of Pokemon can be 2HKO'd

No, Pichu isn't switching for anything.

Any advice [not Pertaining to Pichu] is welcome!

Last edited:
I just wanna say, you must really like Pichu to come up with a strategy like this that managed to KO a M-Salamence like this. It was pretty surprising but at the same time awesome! Now for the team:
Almost everything seems good to me. It's just that Greninja for me, is a pure special attacker.
Greninja@Life Orb-Protean
Timid Nature
-Scald / Surf (Burn Chance / More BP)
-Ice Beam (Coverage)
-Grass Knot (Good against Kyogre)
-Dark Pulse (Good Coverage)
Also, Landorus is a Physical Attacker:
I-Landorus@Choice Band-Sheer Force
Jolly Nature
-EQ
-Stone Edge / Rock Slide
-Knoch Off
-U-Turn
Nice team anyways! And Pichu is the mascot!

Warning: long post incoming.

I'll take this Pokemon by Pokemon.

Let's start with Pichu. I think the problem is obvious here. It's a Pichu. Pretty much anything can work better for whatever role you want-be it a revenge killer, a wallbreaker or a crippler. You say you don't want to change it, but if there's something that will definitely make this team better it's a Pichu replacement.

About Mawile. This isn't OU, it's Ubers. As such, Mawile's lack of recovery and low Special Defense make a much bigger impact here. I suggest moving the EVs from Attack to SpD. The power drop won't affect you much. Ubers work much differently than OU, and Mawile isn't an all-out attacker but rather a check or a counter to Xerneas, Yveltal and Darkrai, all of which she can easily beat without any Attack investment while taking significantly less damage than if it had.

I'd say drop Mega Mawile completely, however. It takes up your Mega slot, preventing you from using monsters like Mewtwo, Gengar or Blaziken, and you already have Aegislash to take care of enemy Xerneas, so you can drop her for one of the aforementioned. And speaking of Aegi, don't go for Weakness Policy. This isn't VGC. In Ubers, the majority of super effective hits will hit you for very high damage, if not outright kill you, and the bulk is enough for most of your opponents to tank your Shadow Sneak even at +4. Don't forget that it's still a 40 power move. Aegislash has two purposes, and that's Fairy killing and Pursuit trapping. You don't have the time to setup with it. Use SpD EVs instead of Attack to be able to defeat Xerneas. Use Gyro Ball and a Sassy Nature over Iron Head as it does more damage to Xerneas. Drop SD and Shadow Sneak. As I said, setting up is a not good idea, and Aegi is so fragile in Blade form that whatever you use Shadow Sneak on will KO you back, unless it's low enough to be KO'd itself, but Shadow Sneak is weak, so these cases will be rare. Use Pursuit and Toxic instead.

A Primal Groudon lead needs no Attack investment. I suggest going for a 56 Def/200 SpD with Relaxed, to survive Xerneas FB, Kyogre Ice Beam and Zekrom Outrage. If you wanna run Attack, run Precipice Blades for more damage.

You already have Groudon as a lead, so you don't need Greninja. Greninja's only niche in Ubers is Spikes lead; its all-out attacker set isn't half as effective in Ubers as it is in OU, since things are much bulkier and its low Special Attack hurts. I don't know with what you could replace it with though (see below).

Landorus isn't really viable in ORAS Ubers, but if you want to run it, run LO, not Specs. Sheer Force LO is what makes Landorus prominent.

I gave you advice on individual sets, but really, there's much more that can be done. I would suggest changes in the roster, but you don't provide any sort of insight as to what your strategy is. Most descriptions are "standard, has these attacks", so I can't really suggest replacements since I don't really get what you're aiming for with each set. Generally speaking, you have a severe Ground weakness (look how easily that RP Groudon swept you in that video) and very weak revenge killing in Shadow Sneak (which leaves you wide open) and Fake Out (which is so weak coming from Pichu it's practically worthless). As such, you are very easily put on the defensive, making it extremely hard for you to win against balanced or offensive teams as you can do very little to disrupt their momentum, and you lack the power to break down most defensive teams. These are quite severe problems that make me think you haven't studied the Uber tier in-depth. It's much different than other metagames and things don't work out similarly, so I suggest you look into it a bit more so you can decide on a strategy.

Last edited:
Let's talk Pichu for a sec. Not gonna replace it because you're not gonna listen to it, but I think the moveset doesn't work.

As shown in your Mega Salamence replay, Volt Tackle almost killed you after repeated uses. That's not a great idea, even on something so frail. I'd like to suggest Thunderbolt and a Timid nature instead, which is a bit weaker. But you're a Pichu and so everything you do is really weak. Alternatively, use Toxic because the Poison damage will outdamage you over time, and gives you a way to damage bulky grounds.

The item also doesn't work well because of how you use Pichu in your replays. It's always the last thing you use (hmm I wonder why). Due to this and your lack of hazard removal, your Focus Sash will almost always be broken. Try something like Normal Gem (buffs Fake Out so that it is only a slightly larger tickle), Quick Claw (hey, you're a Pichu. You need all the help you can get!) or Air Balloon (would only suggest this with Toxic).

Let's talk Pichu for a sec. Not gonna replace it because you're not gonna listen to it, but I think the moveset doesn't work.

As shown in your Mega Salamence replay, Volt Tackle almost killed you after repeated uses. That's not a great idea, even on something so frail. I'd like to suggest Thunderbolt and a Timid nature instead, which is a bit weaker. But you're a Pichu and so everything you do is really weak. Alternatively, use Toxic because the Poison damage will outdamage you over time, and gives you a way to damage bulky grounds.

The item also doesn't work well because of how you use Pichu in your replays. It's always the last thing you use (hmm I wonder why). Due to this and your lack of hazard removal, your Focus Sash will almost always be broken. Try something like Normal Gem (buffs Fake Out so that it is only a slightly larger tickle), Quick Claw (hey, you're a Pichu. You need all the help you can get!) or Air Balloon (would only suggest this with Toxic).
the biggest problem with Toxic is it means I can't thunder wave, which is keeping me alive longer.

Back