Team Peek At You (UU)

Inigo Montoya

Hatman/Imakuni?/Not Not-TDL
I've been trying to think of something original lately, and I tried an idea that I've only seen once before. That would be trying to use the most popular, well known Pokemon as a sweeper, Pikachu.

478.gif

Dementor (Froslass) (F) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Cursed Body
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Taunt
- Spikes
- Ice Beam
- Thunder Wave

This is the lead. Taunt is to stop entry hazard set up, while Spikes are to set up your own. Ice Move Ice Beam is STAB, and also to prevent being Taunt-locked. T-wave was chosen over Icy Wind for one reason. Paralysis stays with the Pokemon throughout the entire match, where you can just switch out to get rid of a speed drop. Also, the parahax is sometimes nice.

59.gif

Fire Fox (Arcanine) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Morning Sun
- Wild Charge
- Flare Blitz
- ExtremeSpeed

One of my favorite Pokemon in UU. Flare Blitz is for STAB, Wild Charge is to take care of water types and such. E-Speed is to get priority, and Morning Sun is there to heal off recoil and LO damage. Arcanine's natural bulk can give it advantages with a healing move as well. I like to use Flash Fire over Intimidate for the sheer fact that I have half my team weak to it. Milotic also takes the fire moves quite well too, though.

350.gif

Rarity (Milotic) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Marvel Scale
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Def / 192 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Scald
- Dragon Tail

Milotic, the wall I've been experimenting with. With Marvel Scale, Rest boosts your Defense by 1.5 while you Sleep Talk. Scald is for STAB and burn chances. Dragon Tail is to force switches, and with Spikes and SR on the team, you can rack up quite a bit of entry damage too. It also scouts the opponent's team, giving you an idea of what you need to take out in order to ensure the Pikachu sweep.

473.gif

Pigmask (Mamoswine) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Stone Edge
- Icicle Crash

Mamoswine, one of the most powerful on the team. Reaching nearly 400 attack with some pretty good natural bulk, you don't wanna mess with him. Thick Fat was a godsend ability, now fire moves hardly bother him anymore. EQ is for STAB, and Ice Shard is for both priority and STAB. Stone Edge is to hit those birds harder. Icicle Crash is to smash the dragons harder. I'm almost leaning toward replacing Icicle Crash with Superpower, but you tell me what you think.

437.gif

Liberty (Bronzong) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake

Bronzong, the all around wall for this team. The only thing that he lacks is a reliable recovery move. SR is obvious, and Toxic is for statusing things. With 0 Speed IVs and a Speed reducing nature, Gyro Ball does
quite a bit to almost anything. EQ is there to round out the set.

25.gif

Peek At You (Pikachu) (M) @ Light Ball
Trait: Lightningrod
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Substitute
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Grass Knot

And this here is the star of the team, Pikachu. The Light Ball doubles his Special Attack, making it 438, even some things in the Uber tier can't match that. However, that is probably the only good stat on the surface. The Speed doesn't even hit 280, and the Defenses are absolutely horrible. The speed can be fixed with Agility, but it seemed too troublesome to set up both a Sub and Agility. The Defenses aren't necessarily fixed, but a Substitute allows one hit on you to take without much cost. The rest of the moveset is all that you really need for type coverage, T-Bolt and HP Ice, making the legendary Boltbeam combo. Grass Knot is for things like Rhyperior and those annoying Water/Grounds.

How this thing works is you switch it in towards late game against something that can't take a Thunderbolt too well. You force the switch, and Sub on the switch. Under a Sub, begin attacking. It works relatively well and the only downfall to Pikachu is his horrible defenses and mediocre speed.

Give mamoswine the choice band and change frosty's shadow ball to an ice move. Also, give the last 4 EVs on arcane to HP.

When Hyperion said to replace Shadow Ball with "an ice move", he didn't mean there's an attack called "Ice move".
Just write in Ice Beam and you're good to go. :)

o3o lol I must've been tired this morning. *goes to fix it*

Anyways, I've been experimenting with the Choice Band with Mamo and I seem to like it better. I was sort of hesitant about it at first, but it's giving me a lot more KOs than LO did.

With a life orb and two recoil moves, morning sun becomes pretty useless in my opinion since arcanine gets frail real fast. I prefer close combat to morning sun.

Really? I've really never been that frail. About half the time I'm able to pull off a Morning Sun and heal myself a bit before attacking again. Maybe I use a different style then you, but Morning Sun really helps out a lot.

EDIT: Updated with animated sprites, and changed Agility on Pikachu to Grass Knot.

True this is UU. Mines usually used in OU that might be why. And usually some other kind of weather is up. So stick with morning sun I guess.

Back