Tornadus@Flying Gem
Nature: Jolly (+Spd, -SpA)
Ability: Prankster
EV's: 252 Spd, 252 Atk, 4 Hp
Tailwind
Acrobatics
Taunt
Protect

Tornadus is one of my main starters. The Jolly nature is to make him really fast and to lower his un-used stat. The EV's are on Spd to make him faster and Atk as his attacking move is physical. Acrobatics as a STAB move will be upped by the Flying Gem and its power, which in turn makes a very deadly attack. Tailwind is to set up and make my guys strike first. Taunt is to stop other genies from Tailwind and Thunder Wave. Protect is obvious. The item, Flying Gem, is to make Acrobatics very deadly.

Landorus@Yache Berry
Nature: Jolly (+Spd, -Atk)
Ability: Sand Force
Rock Slide
Earthquake
Swords Dance
Protect

I have here my other starter. The Jolly nature is to make him faster and to lower his un-used stat. The EV's are on Spd to make him faster and Atk as all his moves are physical. Earthquake for a multi-hitting STAB. Rock Slide for another multi-hitting move with possible flinch, and to take care of the genies. Swords Dance is for the initial Tailwind, as they will expect a Protect and focus all attacks on Tornadus. Protect is obvious. The item, Yache Berry, is to survive a HP Ice, or an Ice Beam.

Hydreigon@Chople Berry
Nature: Timid (+Spd, -Atk)
Ability: Levitate
EV's: 252 Spd, 252 SpA, 4 Hp
Dark Pulse
Dragon Pulse
Flamethrower
Protect

Here is one of my back-ups. The Timid nature is to make him faster and to lower his un-used stat. The EV's are on Spd to make him even faster and SpA as all his moves are special. Dark Pulse is for STAB and possible flinch. Dragon Pulse for STAB. Flamethrower is a great attack with possible burn. Protect is obvious. The item, Chople Berry, is to survive a 1 Hp Terrakion's Close Combat and finish the match alive.

Terrakion@Focus Sash
Ability: Justified
Close Combat
Rock Slide
Quick Attack
Protect

Here we have my other back-up. The Jolly nature is to make him faster and to lower his un-used stat. The EV's are on Spd to make him even faster and Atk as all his moves are physical. Close Combat is here for STAB, and can kill almost anything out there. Rock Slide is for STAB and possible flinch. Quick Attack is for when I feel like I am gonna get KO'd that turn, and to make sure that I get one more attack in before he dies. Protect is to stall Tailwind teams and to refrain from damage every now and then. And the item, Focus Sash, is because he is very easy to kill with one hit, and this allows me to hit hard one turn, then get priority from Quick Attack the next turn before he bites the dust.

Meinshao@Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
Fake Out
U-Turn
Detect
Drain Punch

We have here one of my TR counters. The Jolly nature is to make him faster and to lower his un-used stat. The EV's are on Spd to make him even faster and Atk as all his moves are physical. The Ability, Regenerator, is to gain Hp back from when he uses U-Turn. Fake Out is for the initial flinch on their TR set-up. U-Turn is to do major damage on Psychic types such as Musharna, and to activate Regenerator. Detect instead of Protect, because it's harder to Imprision. Drain Punch is for STAB and Hp back, and hits things such as Gigalith hard. The item, Life Orb, is to up my attacks' power, and I'll get the Hp back, from Drain Punch, and from Regenerator.

Whimsicott@Leftovers
Nature: Timid (+Spd, -Atk)
Ability: Prankster
EV's: 252 Spd, 252 SpA, 4 Hp
Encore
Giga Drain
Leech Seed
Protect

Here is my other TR counter. The Timid nature is to make him faster and to lower his un-used stat. The EV's are on Spd to make him even faster and SpA to make Giga Drain do a bit more damage. Encore is here to Encore Protect and TR users. Giga Drain is to hit things such as Gigalith and Jellicent hard, and get Hp back. Leech Seed, is to obviously take Hp back from them. Protect is to refrain from taking damage. The item, Leftovers, is to get Hp back every turn.

Main Team Strategy:
Tornadus, Landorus, Terrakion, Hydreigon
I'd start out with Tornadus and Landorus. Tornadus would be using Protect, while Landorus is setting himself up with Swords Dance. (They will be expecting Tailwind and Protect, so I mix it up a little.) Then Tornadus can set up Tailwind, while Landorus is just MUTILATING them with Rock Slide and Earthquake. Then if Tornadus dies first, I'd send in Hydreigon most likely, to continue the Earthquake rampage, but it all depends on what they have out. But if Landorus goes first, then Terrakion would be the most likely to start, but once again, it depends on what they have out.

TR Counter Team Strategy:
Whimsicott, Meinshao, Hydreigon, Terrakion
I'd start out with Whimsicott and Meinshao. I'd Fake Out their TR set-up and have Whimsicott start Leech Seeding unless their TR set-up is Jellicent, or Cofagrigus, then in that case, I'd use Fake Out on their other starter and wait till next turn, and hit them with Encore from Whimsicott. Next turn, Encore on their Protect user, or their TR user, and hit their TR set up with U-Turn and switch to Hydreigon so I take no damage from the opposing Psychic, and then can kill with Dark Pulse. And Terrakion is here to be a sweeper, but only as a last resort.

Handy-Dandy Threat List:

Major:
Terrakion: It may be easy to kill, but that's if you can get a hit in. With its Spd and Atk it's hard to kill.
Whimsicott: If they are using this thing as a Sub-Seeder, it can be a pain to kill. And, it's a Tailwind Set-up.
Haxorus: If they have a Scarfed Haxorus, then I'm in for a world of hurt. If I can get a good solid hit in on it, it won't be much of a problem.
Cofagrigus: If they start with a Cofagrigus as a TR set-up, then my initial Fake Out won't work, but I can use TR from my Whimsicott to counter that.
Chandelure: These things are plain out evil when scarfed. You dont wanna be coming up against something with ~225 adjusted speed, and 200 SpA. Those two equal a very large world of pain, but I can kill it fast, then its not a problem.

Moderate:
Jellicent: Same reason for Cofagrigus, plus I don't know if it would be using TR or Ice Beam on my Whimsicott, so I guess it would all depend on what else they have out. Plus their Water Spout, is very dealy when they have full Hp.
Musharna: As a TR set-up I can get them with Fake Out first turn, then hit them with U-turn, but with their huge Hp, I am wondering if that would kill it or not.
Gigalith: As a major TRer, it would be very difficult to get in first or even second turn, because of sturdy, and a Protect the first turn.
Conkeldurr: I absolutely hate these things. Mach Punching Conkeldurrs holding a Flame Orb, is absolutely evil. A common TRer, and this can be a problem.
Carracosta: Also a common TRer, it can hit something very hard after a Shell Smash, and then an Aqua Jet. Although Grass Knot can most likely kill it in one hit, there is always the chance of Sturdy.
Amoonguss: This one is very obvious. It Spores like there is no tomorrow, as well as Rage Powder.

Minor:
Eelektross: This thing has no weaknesses and has a very wide movepool, but can be killed quickly and easily unless it's in a TR team.
Cinccino: Technician Life Orb and Rock Blast/Bullet Seed can murder my starters.

Leave any and all comments down below, such as bumps (include move-sets, EV's, etc.), any threats you can think of that I haven't noticed, move-set changes, and anything I've left out.

Thanks!

RE: Team Destruction [VGC 2011}

This is a fairly solid team. However, it had a few flaws...

On Whimsicott, replace Protect with Substitute and TR with Leech Seed. IF you're facing a Jellicent, they will most likely be switching, TRing, or hitting you with status. In all three cases, you get the oppurtunity to set up the Sub and start SubSeeding. Since you already have prankster, you won't need TR. Thats sort of redundant. Also, change the item to Lefties.

Go with Normal Gem on Landorus, as not much will survive a Normal Gem explosion from Landy.

On Terrakion, I'd replace Quick Attack with Rock Polish. This way, you are able to outspeed and hit much harder than with Quick Attack.

Hope this helps, and Good luck!

RE: Team Destruction [VGC 2011}

Chillarmy said:
This is a fairly solid team. However, it had a few flaws...

On Whimsicott, replace Protect with Substitute and TR with Leech Seed. IF you're facing a Jellicent, they will most likely be switching, TRing, or hitting you with status. In all three cases, you get the oppurtunity to set up the Sub and start SubSeeding. Since you already have prankster, you won't need TR. Thats sort of redundant. Also, change the item to Lefties.

Go with Normal Gem on Landorus, as not much will survive a Normal Gem explosion from Landy.

On Terrakion, I'd replace Quick Attack with Rock Polish. This way, you are able to outspeed and hit much harder than with Quick Attack.

Hope this helps, and Good luck!

With TR on whimsi, it counters TR. meaning if i use TR first turn, their slow pokemon are fast now, and pop TR out and reverse the effect. the grass gem is there to KO jellicent and activate sturdy on gigalith and such.

for terrakion, i know it would be fast, but its priority. if its sash is activated, and its me and a conkeldurr. both with little hp, and i tried to attack, boom mach punch, and i lose. i know its weaker, but worth it. plus with his attack so high, it can still do some pretty good damage.

on landorus, i know nothing can survive it, if it hits, explosion itself is still a longshot because of all the protects out there. if i put it on meinshao, fake out would do a ton of damage. for example. i see they are running a TR team. fake out on reniculus. u-turn, switch to hydreigon. if they dont die, they will next turn. although i probably will give him a normal gem, im gonna try it out both ways and see what i can come up with.

Thank you for your comments, they are greatly appreciated!

While the Gems do prove usfull they have some draw backs. For example they only allow the increase of just one attack during the whole match. Life Orb and choice items are better options since its a permenate boost.

AlphaNinja said:
While the Gems do prove usfull they have some draw backs. For example they only allow the increase of just one attack during the whole match. Life Orb and choice items are better options since its a permenate boost.

I was thinking about changing Meinshao's item to Life Orb and Acrobatics to Aerial Ace earlier today, before your post, but it is true, it does only work once, and I'll get Hp back on him because of Drain Punch, and Regenerator. So, from you saying this, it made it a deffinate change.

Keep Acrobatics and Flight Gem. Arieal Ace only does 3 quarters of the damge Acrobatics does without Flight gem and With Flight Gem, theirs no contest. You don't need Life Orb that badly.

I know Acrobatics is more powerful, but everything else isn't that good alone. Plus, I'd be using Fake Out an awful lot, so that does more damage then, and so does U-Turn and Drain Punch, which both give back Hp.

*Bump

I've made new changes guys, so tell me what you think of my new team!

Any and all comments are accepted!

OK. I'll do this pokemon by pokemon.

Tornadus: Tornadus looks perfectly fine. I run the exact same set, and I've never had to change it.

Landorus: I don't know enough about Swords Dance to comment on that, but the moves look good. One think I would change is the item. Ice type moves a rarely used in the meta, outside of Thundorus and maybe (This is a big maybe) Ice beam from a scarf Jelly. Even if they have a scarf Vanilluxe, Lead with Meinshao fake it out, and Rock Slide. Just try to be flexible. Heck, you could test Normal Gem Explosion over Swords Dance if you want. If you reeaally want to use Yache Berry be my guest, but I recommend and Earth Gem.

Hydriegon: He looks good also.

Terrakion: No problems here.

Meinshao: I think that Rock Slide would be better over U-Turn. That also looks good.

Whimsicott: Run Grass Know over Giga Drain. give it a Grass Gem on top of that, and all of your Jellicent problems will go away... Also, Taunt is much more useful than Leech Seed in doubles.

Overall Team Strategy: The strategy itself seems good, but a turn 1 Scarf Jelly would wreck your Landorus. That can be countered by Hydriegon/Whimsicott. Just make sure that you take advantage of the team preview and you'll be fine.

Trick Room Strategy: This is a good strategy... if the Trick room set-up doesn't have Mental Herb. A double Protect 1st turn would kill you also.
You have 2 options.

1. Put an Imprison something on your team.
2. Try to aim both attacks at the set up

The problem with the 2nd one is that you have no ghost types on your team, meaning that Fake Out will kill you. Amoongus is the other problem. I would try to put an imprison Chandelure on your team.

Chandelure @ Focus Sash(I would give a Scarf to Terrakion.)
Timid 252spatt/252speed/4hp
Overheat
Shadow Ball
Imprison
Trick room

The one thing I should explain is Overheat. Overheat is a very useful move as it OHKOs Genies and Amoongus, When a Heat Wave would 2 or 3HKO.

If you decide to put it on, I would do it over Mienshao, or Hydriegon. It's your call there too.

These are all just suggestions. You can test them out on PO and see what works for you! Good luck at the LCQ!

Back