• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Team Aqua's Trap (Team Aqua's Kyogre / Team Aqua's Muk)

joshawott8055

The best of the worst...
Pokemon:

• 4 Team Aqua's Kyogre
    4-4 Team Aqua's Muk
    2-2 Team Aqua's Sharpedo
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:

• 4 Professor Juniper
    3 Lysandre
    2 Professor Birch's Observations
    2 Colress

4 Team Aqua Great Ball
    3 Muscle Band
    2 Hard Charm
    1 Switch
    1 Enhanced Hammer
    1 Weakness Policy
    2 Startling Megaphone
    2 Professor's Letter
    1 Evosoda

4 Team Aqua's Hideout
Energy:

• 4 Double Aqua Energy
    8 Water Energy

Strategy:
The main goal is to get Muk out so Kyogre can do some heavy damage. Team Aqua's hideout helps even more. I have Sharpedo to search out Kyogre.

Thanks in advance!

RE: Team Aqua's Trap (Team Aqua's Kyogre)

Maybe Jellicent BCR might work better because the defending Pokemon doesn't have to be an Aqua Pokemon.
Because of that:
-1 Team Aqua Ball
+1 Ultra Ball

It works with Muk better because its easier to search out with sharpedo and aqua great ball. It also helps with Kyogre's power save ability

I would Recommend Silent Lab (Primal Clash 140). because it shuts off Darkrai Ex's Dark Cloak that will give this deck some problems.

-2-2 Sharpedo (you'll find you'll get enough set up to not bother about this guy)
-1 Lysandre (only need 2)
-1 Weakness Policy (it's really not worth it. You'll have another tool attached most of the time.
-1 Evosoda (Also not worth it)
-1 Letter (only have one)
-1 Team Aqua's Hideout (you'll find 3 will suffice)
-2 Water Energy (you've got enough)

+3 VS Seeker (Great card)
+ 2 Professor Birch/Shauna (you'll need either 2 more of this or 2 shauna)
+1 Switch (you'll need a lot of switching cards)
+1 Escape Rope (Great card with 1/2 switches)
+1 Silent Lab (To stop both your Kyogre's power when necessary, as well as stopping annoying basics)
+1 Pokemon Fan Club (on the rare ocassion you need to get out basics)
+2 Roller Skates/Bicycle/Acro Bike

The choice of Roller Skates/Bicycle/Acro Bike. Which one? It really depends how you get your hand. If you find that you often get <4 cards a lot, use Bicycle. If not, use either Roller Skates or Acro Bike. Thinning your deck a little can be useful, or you can try for luck with the Skates. Your choice.

I've had experience using a similar deck, and I find that if you manage to get 4 muk out you can KO nearly anything:
80 + 80 + 20 + 20 + X(Base + 4 Muk + Band + Stadium + Retreat cost = 200 + X).
That's a wipe out of every EX (even Megas due to extra retreat cost damage). If you focus on powering up Kyogres and getting out 4 Muk, you should be doing really well.

Seafan13 said:
I would Recommend Silent Lab (Primal Clash 140). because it shuts off Darkrai Ex's Dark Cloak that will give this deck some problems.

I never thought of that, I will try that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
bbninjas said:
-2-2 Sharpedo (you'll find you'll get enough set up to not bother about this guy)
-1 Lysandre (only need 2)
-1 Weakness Policy (it's really not worth it. You'll have another tool attached most of the time.
-1 Evosoda (Also not worth it)
-1 Letter (only have one)
-1 Team Aqua's Hideout (you'll find 3 will suffice)
-2 Water Energy (you've got enough)

+3 VS Seeker (Great card)
+ 2 Professor Birch/Shauna (you'll need either 2 more of this or 2 shauna)
+1 Switch (you'll need a lot of switching cards)
+1 Escape Rope (Great card with 1/2 switches)
+1 Silent Lab (To stop both your Kyogre's power when necessary, as well as stopping annoying basics)
+1 Pokemon Fan Club (on the rare ocassion you need to get out basics)
+2 Roller Skates/Bicycle/Acro Bike

The choice of Roller Skates/Bicycle/Acro Bike. Which one? It really depends how you get your hand. If you find that you often get <4 cards a lot, use Bicycle. If not, use either Roller Skates or Acro Bike. Thinning your deck a little can be useful, or you can try for luck with the Skates. Your choice.

I've had experience using a similar deck, and I find that if you manage to get 4 muk out you can KO nearly anything:
80 + 80 + 20 + 20 + X(Base + 4 Muk + Band + Stadium + Retreat cost = 200 + X).
That's a wipe out of every EX (even Megas due to extra retreat cost damage). If you focus on powering up Kyogres and getting out 4 Muk, you should be doing really well.

Thanks for the advice. I will test with this too. I have the weakness policy in there because it is gold. I know that's a bad reason, but that's my reason.

joshawott8055 said:
Thanks for the advice. I will test with this too. I have the weakness policy in there because it is gold. I know that's a bad reason, but that's my reason.

Considering the deck that you'd facing that hit grass is VirGen, if at all, you end up getting decimated if they set up anyway. Another option would be adding a single or two Skyla in the deck, but that may be getting a bit clunky.

bbninjas said:
joshawott8055 said:

Considering the deck that you'd facing that hit grass is VirGen, if at all, you end up getting decimated if they set up anyway. Another option would be adding a single or two Skyla in the deck, but that may be getting a bit clunky.

any way to energy accelerate this deck?

Team Aqua Admins can attach a single energy from the discard, however I find this pretty worthless. Blastoise could be used, but then it'd be pretty chunky. There is the [W] Aqua Double Energy for Aqua in only. However, besides all of that, there is little way to energy accelerate in this deck. However, Pokemon searching is great (Sharpedo, Team Aqua Great Ball, etc).

Back