• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Team Aqua's Seviper / Ariados

MarshalBry

Aspiring Trainer
So I noticed this card recently and was thought it was odd it's gone completely under the radar (which I put down to it not having the right tools at the time of Double Crisis). It's quite fun and very strong against a lot of decks not built around having 1-3 energy discarded each turn (issue decks are Serperior and Yanmega BREAK, as well as anything running Garbodor).

Pokemon- 13
4x Team Aqua's Seviper DCR
3x Spinarak AOR
2x Ariados AOR
2x Shaymin-EX ROS
2x Lugia-EX AOR

Trainers- 41
4x Crushing Hammer GEN
3x Level Ball AOR
2x Special Charge STS
2x Super Rod BRT
3x Trainer's Mail ROS
3x Ultra Ball FCL
3x VS Seeker PHF
2x Float Stone BRT
3x Fighting Fury Belt BRP

1x Delinquent BRP
2x Lysandre FLF
3x N FCL
3x Professor Sycamore PHF
1x Pokemon Centre Lady GEN
1x Skyla BRP
1x Team Flare Grunt GEN
1x Team Rocket's Handiwork FCL

3x Chaos Tower FCL

Energy- 6
4x Double Colorless Energy
2x Psychic Energy

xy-double-crisis-09-34-team-aquas-seviper-p205137-153468_image.jpg

Tactic
Ariados uses its Poisonous Nest attack each turn to poison the opponent, increasing your damage total to 60 between turns (assuming they do not switch or heal), including Fighting Fury Belt's extra 10 damage. Discard energy each turn, and if you flop and let them attach too much (if you draw bad and don't find Ariados, the DCE or Seviper) you have Team Flare Grunt and Crushing Hammers as outs (discarding 3 energy a turn with the deck is very real!)

1x Pokemon Centre Lady: Allows you to keep a solid discard stream against decks running Sleep or Paralysis (they are out there and this changes the match totally!)
1x Delinquent: If your opponent is playing Chaos Tower you can replace it with your own. Also helps you control the board state same with above (incredible for allowing you to get that extra little damage)
1x Team Rocket's Handiwork: I wasn't running this originally but I found every few games there'd be a point where my opponent goes a little too fast trying to keep up with the energy discard, and you would be surprised how often they end up in the 1-8 card range in their deck, making this card a massive match changer.
2x Lugia-EX AOR: This is the one thing I'm not confident with keeping in a deck centered around energy denial. It needed another cheap attacker (that works with DCE) and is bulkier, and also helps if your opponent has sped up with energy or is running too much energy acceleration to handle (i.e. Magnezone)

This deck looks awesome :) a very nice rogue for sure, and inclusion I would personally would be Zebstrika, seeing the problem you have with Yanmega. Zebstrika OHKOs Yanmega due to weakness, and can 2 hit Garbodor.

Back