Team Aqua's Kyogre-EX, Team Magma's Groudon-EX from 'Double Crisis' [1/12]

Amazing artwork, but assuming these guys give up two prizes, like most other EXes, they are pretty awful for competitive play, especially with that ability. Though it is nice to see a 190HP EX.

The artworks look nice, but the abilities kinda ruins for them right? From the artworks I'd assume the other Team Aqua/Magma cards include Walrein, Sharpedo, Seviper, Zangoose, Claydol and Camerupt :)

"[W][W][W][C]: Aqua Impact: 80+ damage. This attack does 20 damage times the retreat cost of your opponent’s Active Pokemon."

Translation error.

Lol at the ability name "power saver"...

PokemonTrader said:
Isn't the Japanese set 34 cards, while English is 28?

Oh yep you're right. We originally reported 34 for the Japanese story, but I was going off the English set description which I guess excludes the secret rares.

Wow, the art for these cards is super beautiful! Reminds me a lot of some of the concept art pieces for the games. I'm so glad I pre-ordered a bunch of these, so hopefully I'll get a nice spread.

I wouldn't call the set gimmicky just yet because of their abilities. I think they're supposed to be referencing the original Groudon and Kyogre exs.

Well if everything in this set is going to be Aqua/Magma based it seems to be that eliminates any chance of having M. Sharpedo EX and M. Camerupt EX. That kind of sucks in my opinion.

The artwork itself looks kind of neat though I hope the 'ability' isn't right or else it makes it kind of lame. Of course if everything is again Aqua/Magma based at least there might be enough Pokemon to go around to minimize that liability. And if that expands beyond this mini set...

At least for me though, if that is the case it kind of makes it a minimal point to get this set. Not that that is necessarily a bad thing considering everything that we're expecting in association with Primal Clash.

bsguedes said:
I can see it being played alongside Primal Clash Silent Lab!

This was my first thought when I saw the cards, because on another message board someone tried to claim that Silent Lab was Evolution support, meant to level the playing field* and I instantly thought of the original Team Aqua's Kyogre and Team Magma's Groudon, though I don't recall if they were ever used that way (they did after all have enough team based support to field some at least one good deck apiece). They had Power Saver as a Poké-Body. Later when we got useful Pokémon Tools that shut granted solid bonuses but show down a Pokémon's Poké-Body and/or Poké-Power, I think we saw that trick with other cards that had restrictive Poké-Bodies/Powers.

*Instead of the-powers-that-be just creating Evolving Pokémon worth playing as more than stepping stones to their final Stages, spreading the benefits throughout the entire linethrough multiple mechanics so that they aren't all rendered null and void by the Basic (and if a Stage 2, the Stage 1 form) being KOed and to keep "lock" tactics from being so effective against them (Item lock means a lot less if you're not using Rare Candy because your Stage 1 is useful). :rolleyes:

These cards are cool in terms of artwork, but I'm not a fan of Kyogre's art. Did they really have to choose such a suggestive pose for Shelley? :(

Yes, I do think that these cards could see play with Silent Lab (even Ninetales) or Garbodor, but I feel that we're in for some pretty good Team Aqua/Magma cards. From the art alone, it's pretty easy to assume that we'll be getting some kind of Zangoose, Seviper, Sharpedo & Camerupt (possibly Mega), Claydol, and maybe a new Walrein. Considering how Kyogre-EX and Groudon-EX harken back to their EX era counterparts, I wouldn't be surprised if the other ones followed suit, like Claydol with Magma Switch, or a Seviper with 'Call For Family'.

I'm loving both artworks, they look amazing (Especially Kyogre, Shelly looks confident and Matt looks like he's about to kick ass). The only way that America can screw these up is by making them like the Legendary Treasures FAs and giving them no texture.

Honestly I don't like the artwork. It looks way too crowded; they honestly should've just done something like the Plasma FAs by putting the symbol in.

190 HP? Wow! The artwork is very odd for a full-art, looks like that full-art Pikachu we didn't get a while ago. I like the other Pokemon (and people even) appearing in these cards, but I wish it focused more on the actual Pokemon, and does look a bit too crowded like bbninjas said.

GadgetJax said:
These cards are cool in terms of artwork, but I'm not a fan of Kyogre's art. Did they really have to choose such a suggestive pose for Shelley? :(

Yes, I do think that these cards could see play with Silent Lab (even Ninetales) or Garbodor, but I feel that we're in for some pretty good Team Aqua/Magma cards. From the art alone, it's pretty easy to assume that we'll be getting some kind of Zangoose, Seviper, Sharpedo & Camerupt (possibly Mega), Claydol, and maybe a new Walrein. Considering how Kyogre-EX and Groudon-EX harken back to their EX era counterparts, I wouldn't be surprised if the other ones followed suit, like Claydol with Magma Switch, or a Seviper with 'Call For Family'.

There is absolutely nothing suggestive about that pose at all good sir. If you wanna talk suggestive art maybe look for the unused Lopunny art from one of the plasma sets. Now THAT is suggestive.

As for the cards I feel like they will reference the old EX Era cards. I also feel like they'll be SP Pokemon with Archie and Maxie being ways to counter Pyroar or any other anti-basic decks.

Even if most of the cards in this set turn out pretty unplayable(think Dragon Vault. Only good cards were Rayquaza and Kyurem), I still plan on trying to get lots of packs from this set. I like Mini-sets because they are easier to complete. Hopefully there is some kind of Eevee line here, because I have gone TOO long without new Jolteon cards!

GadgetJax said:
Even if most of the cards in this set turn out pretty unplayable(think Dragon Vault. Only good cards were Rayquaza and Kyurem), I still plan on trying to get lots of packs from this set. I like Mini-sets because they are easier to complete. Hopefully there is some kind of Eevee line here, because I have gone TOO long without new Jolteon cards!

Since when did Team Aqua or Team Magma have Jolteon :p

Pikachu6319 said:
At least for me though, if that is the case it kind of makes it a minimal point to get this set. Not that that is necessarily a bad thing considering everything that we're expecting in association with Primal Clash.

It's being released separately in another box of four, seven card packs of Double Crisis.

I do like this art, shame about the attack costs though.

Back