• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

TDK (Thundurus, Deoxys, Kyurem)

Squirtle Squad

Aspiring Trainer
Experience: Intermediate

So this is my favourite deck of the different decks I run. It's a pretty standard version of TDK I think with not a lot of techs for specific counters.. Just charge up and smash!
Pokemon
  • 2 Thundurus EX (PLF)
  • 3 Deoxys EX (PLF)
  • 3 Kyurem (PLF)
  • 1 Genesect EX (PLB)
  • 1 Keldeo EX (BC)

Trainers
  • 4 Professor Juniper
  • 3 N
  • 2 Skyla
  • 3 Colress
  • 2 Virbank City Gym
  • 1 Frozen City
  • 1 Computer Search
  • 4 Hypnotoxic Laser
  • 3 Silver Bangle
  • 2 Team Plasma Ball
  • 2 Ultra Ball
  • 3 Colress Machine
  • 2 Switch
  • 2 Float Stone
  • 3 Tool Scrapper

Energy
  • 4 Plasma
  • 4 Prism
  • 2 Blend WLFM
  • 1 Lightning
  • 2 Water

Strategy
Strategy is to load up Kyurem on the bench with Thundurus, Colress Machine and Ultra Balls (for discard and search) then using Blizzard Burn to wipe through the opponents, using Keldeo to Rinse and Repeat.
Genesect is here as a replacement for Pokemon Catcher and also as an alternative attacker if need be...

I have included multiple ways of getting Kyurem to the magic OHKO range through Deoxys, Virbank/Laser and also through Silver Bangles.
The Single copy of Frozen City helps with Blastoise (so does Genesect)

So this is the deck as it stands right now.. I'd love input on how to make this deck more consistent, or teched out... I haven't really looked at any XY cards so not sure what would go in here if any.
Any help is greatly appreciated (^∇^) thanks!!

Remove:
  • Blend GFPD
  • 1 ultra ball
  • 2 Bianca
  • 1 Virbank
  • 1 Dexoys (You probably want a bench with 2 Deoxys, 1 Kyurem waiting, 1 Keldeo EX, and either Thundurus or Genesect) [because blizzard burn+bangle+laser+virbank is 180 damage anyways]
  • 1 Less N

ADD:
  • More Skyla
  • 1 More WLFM Blend (*might as well make it 4)
  • 1-2 More Colress Machine (this is good energy acceleration when you dont have thundurus, and a colress machine can mean a T1 frost spear and T2 blizzard burn)
  • More Basic energy (Waters 2-4 and Lightning 2-4) (enhanced hammers and Drifblim are not gone)
  • more colress (2-3) you will be bench loading so you can optimize this supporter mid-late game

IF it fits:
  • a 3rd Tool scapper, you are team plasma, you might as well throw it in there for mirrors, and possibly garbodor decks
  • 1-2 switch, resetting blizzard burn is key. you cannot always rely on keldeo manually retreating in case of a lock or a block

Hey thanks!
I've made a few changes from what you said.
I wasn't too sure on some of your suggestions but some I did agree with and went with :)

So:
-2 Bianca
-1 Deoxys
-1 Blend GRPD
-1 Blend WLFM
-1 Team Plasma Ball
-1 N

+2 Colress
+1 Skyla
+1 Colress Machine
+1 Tool Scrapper
+1 Switch
+1 Water Energy

I didn't want to take away the Ultra Ball as it's soo good discarding energies for Thundurus.
With the Virbank City Gym, I personally prefer to have my stadiums out and I've found that having the three stadiums works really well.
Finally with the energies I couldn't add that many basic energies and only take out the one blend :p there would have been way to many... I think the way I've done this will be ok.. I'll give it a go and see how it runs :)
Thanks for the input!

Your main issue is VirGen decks. Water resist hurts a lot. Seriously. You need a way to deal with not being able to OHKO Virizion and being OHKO'd back by Genesect.

Personally, I feel that TDL runs much better in today's meta. Also, TDS (Snorlax) deals tons of damage and bypasses a majority of the weakness issues that most other Pokemon face. Even a single Snorlax tech into this deck would give you plenty of options.

Haha so I went to my local pokemon league today and determined the meta in my area..
1st no one knows what N is... 2nd their idea of a strong grass deck (id say VirGen) is a deck with chesnaught and a heap of other random grass type evolutions...
So what I'd do, if I was going in a real tournament against real decks, would be to possible tech in one Lugia and a DCE...
It's hard to test at this pokemon league when I can literally go a day of battling and not lose any prizes over the whole day :p

In this actual tournament setting:
I've tried snorlax before.. But I think I'd prefer Lugia..
I'm not up to taking out kyurem or changing the focus cos I love kyurem and how it works in the deck,
Such perfection (^∇^)

I love Plasma, TDK especially and I played it for Regionals (24th). My deck was very similar, but my energy spread was 4 Plasma, 4 Prism and 4 Water, and I recommend that.

I never ran into energy issues and gotta say that the more basic and less special energy you run, the better. When I had a heavier Special count, one or two Enhanced Hammers could REALLY slow the Kyurem rush down.

I might suggest Muscle Band over Bangle as it helps versus non-EX and can help for the occasions when Thundy or Deoxys are up and attacking.

Haha yeah I really love TDK as well, I've practically built my deck solely from booster packs :p
This and RayEels were my first two competitve decks and love it! Haha!

So you didn't have any issues with relying on the prism for Thundurus? That's the only thing I'd be iffy about.. But then again I don't really use Thundurus all that often (compared to kyurem)

Yeah muscle band definitely has more flexibility except with Bangle it makes things a lot easier for Kyurem to hit the magic numbers. I'll give it a go for sure when I can get my hands on them :p (I'm trying to get those XY cards with minimal pack buying)

Back