TCG Theorymon Exercises - Week 10

The Yoshi

Wumbo
Hey everyone. After seeing the VG Theorymon exercises done by [member]Bippa[/member], I decided it would be interesting to see views of various members of how a certain aspect of the TCG can be improved, such as a card or a part of the TCG in general. Now we're into Week 10.

Rules:

1) Say what's on your mind, but don't troll. People can tell that advice is legit, even if they don't agree with it.

2) Say as much as you want! There's no limit on how many aspects you would like to see changed, and that shouldn't hold you back from providing multiple pieces of advice.

3) If you disagree with a member, don't flame or I will get [mod]Glaceon[/mod] in here and Ice Beam you all.

So here's the card we'll be working on.

11-accelgor.jpg

Make your changes assuming you could take the card, use Wite-Out on anything you wanted, and change it. Begin!

I'd change hammer in to something better, like "this attack does extra damage (+30??) for each special condition on the defending pokemon"

the HP at 90 is great, as it can be found with level ball, maybe give it psychic or dark resistance. 0 retreat cost is always great.

not much to fix on this one really

There isn't much you can change about this that doesn't make it broken. All you can really do is make him do more damage, and I guess add Burned as well.

Basically what's already been said. This card is very playable if given adequate support. It's a bad idea to "fix" a very balanced and playable card. You risk making it broken.

Really, the only thing worth attempting to change is the first attack. It could be given some effect so that it would have synergy with the second one. Like, "search your deck for a Shelmet and put it onto your bench. Then, search your deck for an Energy card and attach it to that Pokémon. Shuffle your deck afterward."

That would help set up more Accelegor and search out DCE, but with only 90HP, odds are you'd lose the current Accelegor to set the new one up. The cost could be made Colorless in order to allow it to combo with Rescue Energy, I guess.

Back