News TCG Sets Now Sold Early at Hobby Stores!

J

Juliacoolo

Might this also be an attempt to give hobby stores an edge over bulk e-tailers who undercut prices? There's little financial incentive to buy from a hobby store when you can get a booster box online for $85. Giving the brick and mortar stores a week of exclusivity should help them gain a niche.

ZygardeGuy

Baba ba wawa ha ha ba ba
By "Hobby Store" does he mean something like a comic shop with leagues?
I think this will be the most expensive set since DEX

DaGod503

Aspiring Trainer
Haha wal-fart that's pretty funny but that's cool for hobby stores to get sell the stuff early

Deku

The Starving Artist
I'm overly salty that the binder which has Alolan Ninetales has the electric chicken deity on the front.

SupremeLeaderQuagsire

Aspiring Trainer
This is pretty cool.
I remember seeing something about the Lycanroc deck boxes coming to the west. Can someone confirm this? I don't want to have to pay a bunch for shipping, lol.

Epist

Captain Clamps
Advanced Member
Might this also be an attempt to give hobby stores an edge over bulk e-tailers who undercut prices? There's little financial incentive to buy from a hobby store when you can get a booster box online for $85. Giving the brick and mortar stores a week of exclusivity should help them gain a niche.

Not much since some of the "e-tailers" are also hobby stores who do prerelease events (i.e. Derium's) which means that they can ship GR on May 1st for a price lower than most LGS. Players may stop by to pick up a couple packs on May 1st from their LGS but the cost-conscious will still be ordering online.

CreXzzzz

Aspiring Trainer
Canada not left behind? That must be a typo. Tcg doesn't care about Canada ever! I just got my first league cup promo in the mail, from January!

chella182

Aspiring Trainer
It's likely that was taken into consideration as well. I'll admit, while I do support my local store a lot (I'm there once a week and always buying crap haha), if I can get a sealed product for £10 cheaper online, then I'll do that 'cause at the end of the day it's not a cheap hobby (I collect as well as play), so I make savings where I can. BUT if my local store were allowed to sell them before official release then I'd likely buy from them instead of online because impatience :p I say would because...

Us Brits always have to wait :(
Yep, pretty much what I was here to say. My local store does fantastically well for itself, particularly surrounding pre-releases (largest SM pre-release in the entire world iirc ;)), but it would be awesome if they could get the new cards before the bigger retailers like Toys R Us and the supermarkets. Really hope this is implemented for the UK (and well everywhere, I guess) in the future.