TCG Sets Now Only Legal 21 Days After Release [6/4]

Usually when we have a league challenge tournament after a set, it's a few days after that set's release.

This is a serious bummer because every once in a while I do enjoy making a deck to use with new cards for League Challenge and any other possible events. This makes me feel less encouraged to buy the new set for a while just like Flashfire when I learned we'd be getting some neat stuff eventually anyway.

Sets will be legal for play in TCG Online general play, and casual tournaments as of the release date, offering players an opportunity to test cards and decks in the weeks leading up to the tournament legal date.
I'm not sure, but I think League Challenges are classified under casual tournaments, as they don't give CP.

See, I was trying to tell someone this when I read the announcement on the Professor forums. But they kept insisting that it couldn't be true, since it wasn't posted on Pokebeach's front page.

Now, I need opinions: should I blame WPM for not posting this sooner, or simply shove my screen in that person's face and say "WHAT NOW"?

Skulblaka_Shur said:
See, I was trying to tell someone this when I read the announcement on the Professor forums. But they kept insisting that it couldn't be true, since it wasn't posted on Pokebeach's front page.

Now, I need opinions: should I blame WPM for not posting this sooner, or simply shove my screen in that person's face and say "WHAT NOW"?

Mur burd.

To my credit I did post it in my dream!

I'm noticing more and more lately how when I forget to post things, people just don't hear about it. People really rely on this site.

Weird, I thought I already heard this news from this site already cause my first impression was "Why is he re-posting news?". Looks like I had the same dream then.

But yes, this is a definite buzzkill. I would have loved all the chaos that Worlds would have had. But chaos aside, I also agree on the league challenge comment. We also have had a couple occur very shortly after a sets release. So much for that now.

It's for better and for worse. This will let the hype settle down a bit leading to less random hype decks, but will also let there be more formulated, well constructed top tier decks from the new set. Overall, meh. Nothing serious, probably enforced to allow the community to learn about the new cards and prepare better.

Back