Target Pulls Pokemon TCG Products from All U.S. Stores Amid Attack Incident

treeckonation

Treecko is a good pokemon
I managed to get a Battle Styles ETB off of Target’s online store and I’m not crying, I’m just disappointed with all of the entities involved with this fiasco.
lucky if i buy things online from a store it usually is all ruined like the box is damaged its annoying

ApricornNut

Optimistic Trainer/Collector
Here's hoping, so help us Arceus, that at least SOME people have learned their lesson after the attempted shooting in Brookfield...

Hongo

Aspiring Trainer
I’m just anticipating the day when we see the same themed boxes sitting on the shelves for months, sometimes even years, again.

Bongooo

Eternatus VMAX is Mega Rayquaza's goth phase
2 items per guest! That's a step in the right direction

K_la

Aspiring Trainer
Now lets home that Target resumes existing in Canada :p My sled dogs don't like the trip to the States just to get cheaper pokemon!

Johnny2316

Aspiring Trainer
Let's pray that stores will keep this limit. We need people to realize that when it comes to buying anything, fairness needs to be considered among everyone.

The Binder Guy

Aspiring Trainer
Eh... I’m not optimistic about this, the two-item limit is EASILY bypassed by the usual scalper methods (persistent self-checkout shenanigans, group sales, store-hopping, etc.). Clamping down on scalping would require restricting card sales to those with a Target RedCard or Target Circle account and, using the information gathered from the above info, enforcing the two-item limit chain-wide.

That said, it’s REALLY easy to find Battle Styles products (and hopefully Chilling Reign/Evolving Skies, but I’ve heard that the first waves will end up like BST’s) for MSRP now. The only products that remain hard-to-find are all Shining Fates-related.

lapisrabbit5

Aspiring Trainer
With enough petty death threats anything is possible... I guess the scalping shall resume... These people need to get a real job instead of preying on hobbies 24/7 desperately seeking product at every store, getting upset and confrontational with employees, demanding inside knowledge when the exact second pokemon cards hit the shelves.

lapisrabbit5

Aspiring Trainer
This literally will not change a thing. Scalpers will come in with other people to bypass the limit, exit the store and come back in. Repeat until product is scalped. Pokemon needs to give the killing blow to the scalpers and mass print everything already. Going on over a year with every single product they make getting scalped.

Ashblaze

Full Art Supporter Hunter
It’s nice to see it coming back, but like what others are saying, it does not seem like a good choice. It makes sense that scalpers will try to bypass this rule and continue to take the products away from everyone else. I hope the workers at least take note of who comes in and out to help against the problem. But in the end I don’t expect much and watch this just go right back to the same problem

Oddish22

Aspiring Trainer
So Shining Fates ETB for $50? I still haven't seen any here (in Europe) under €100 since release; mostly they have been sold out and never restocked after the first day.

The Binder Guy

Aspiring Trainer
So Shining Fates ETB for $50? I still haven't seen any here (in Europe) under €100 since release; mostly they have been sold out and never restocked after the first day.
They’ve occasionally popped up on Best Buy’s website, on Target’s site and stores, and brick-and-mortar Walmart stores here in the States. The downside is that they’re often picked up by scalpers before anyone else can get them.

Charmaster:)

Collecting, playing, & making family memories.
Pokémon needs to give the killing blow to the scalpers and mass print everything already. Going on over a year with every single product they make getting scalped.
They're working on it. Its going to be a while, but they're working on it. Unfortunately its easier to say you're going to print more product than to actually do it... after all, they would need to go from printing everything at sub-optimal manufacturing capacity like they have had to do for the past year to over-printing everything, so it will probably still be a while before they can finally make good on their promise, but when it does happen, you're right, it will be the card that bursts the scalpers rucksack the straw that broke the camel's back. And after all, you can promise your parents that you'll complete college with flags flying, and you will if you work hard, but it will still take you 2-8 years (depending on what subjects you're studying).
https://www.pokebeach.com/2021/02/t...roduct-shortages-promises-future-availability

Number51x

Blasting off at the speed of light!
Maybe this break in sales allowed suppliers to build up some stock to make it harder for scalpers to clear whole stores for extended periods of time. I know for at least yesterday, my local Target had TONS of packs and blisters. Some V boxes, some Champion's path, some ETBs as well. With the two item limit, even with the usual work arounds, it will be really hard to clear a store of the packs and blisters and stay ahead of restocks unless these parasites just have infinite money (in which case, why are they doing this at all!). I was really surprised to see the boxes still on shelves as late as I went (late afternoon).

Pastrygator

Aspiring Trainer
I’m just anticipating the day when we see the same themed boxes sitting on the shelves for months, sometimes even years, again.
I get what you're saying but I think that's basically why theme decks were discontinued lol