• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Tapu Lele GX vs. Jirachi EX

GamePhoenix

Fellow Mortal
Hi as wondering what which one you think I should play in my Vir/Gen deck. Personally i'm leaning toward Tapu Lele GX due to the higher hp. But lele cant be searched with Hoopa EX...

You've got to weigh each of their other differentiating qualities:
Tapu Lele GX: 170 HP, Energy Drive attack, No weakness, must be searched out with Ultra Ball, Pokemon Fan Club or Olivia.
Jirachi EX: 90 HP, No good attack, fire weakness, searchable with Hoopa EX, Level Ball, Ultra Ball or Pokemon Fan Club.
I'd say play Tapu Lele as less of a liability unless the searchability of Jirachi is that appealing to your strategy.

Lele>jirachi.
Outside of hoopa-bility, lele is superior in every way. For the reasons stated above, but primarily (to me) it's the HP.

Jirachi was a two prize liability with 90 hp.
Lele is mewtwo ex with jirachi's ability (except for the no-weakness clause in the attack), and a reliable backup attacker/2hko finisher.

The ONLY reasons (imo) to play jirachi are
(1) hoopa ex engines, as stated above
(2) cost. Lele is pricey, jirachi is much less.

Can your deck function without hoopa ex? Pokemon fan club, Brigette, maybe even nest/heavy balls can replace him?

Back