Discussion Tapu Koko or Pheromosa?

Chicken Nugget Master

I had the munchies when I came up with my username
So we recently got a new Pheromosa from Forbidden Light revealed, and I couldn't help noticing that it has 110hp and free retreat, exactly the same as Tapu Koko. Now I know that Tapu Koko has the brilliant Flying Flip attack, but Pheromosa isn't weak to Buzzwole who can easily 1HKO a Tapu Koko. Plus, Pheromosa gains all of the Ultra Beast support that Koko does not.

Essentially what I am trying to do here is compare the two and see which one would be the best choice to play. I understand there will be situations where you would want to play one over the other, but I am just trying to generalise here.

Tapu Koko:
Basic
Lighting
110HP

[C][C]Flying Flip: 20 Damage to all of your opponent's Pokemon. (Don't apply weakness or resistance for benched Pokemon)

[L][L][C]Electric Ball: 100 Damage

Weakness: Fighting
Resistance: Metal
Retreat: 0

Pheromosa:
Basic
Grass
110HP

[C]Hi Jump Kick: 20 Damage

[G][G][C]White Ray: 90 Damage. If you have 1 Prize card left, this attack does 90 more damage.

Weakness: Fire
Resistance: None
Retreat: 0

Any advice on which to play in what situations would be much appreciated.
Thanks for the help in advance :)

Perfect_Shot

Armored Core>Elden Ring
It depends, really. Tapu Koko is great, it helps you get easier math on knockouts on multiple Pokemon, and the longer your opponent takes to get rid of it, the more damage you get to do.

Pheromosa has free retreat going for it as well, but its attacks aren't spectacular. If the new Zygarde GX ends up seeing decent amounts play it could be a one or two of in UB decks, though.

Kietharr

Aspiring Trainer
Pheromosa is a neat option for decks that run grass energy but it's not nearly as versatile as Koko.

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
I can see Pheromosa being used in Grass decks with a focus on Lurantis. This includes Leafeon Lurantis, Lurantis Pheromosa Shaymin, and Golisopod Lurantis Leafeon. Pheromosa is a nice free retreat card in these decks and has a kot of synergy with Pheromosa GX and Golisopod GX.

Andrewninja4

The Monkey King
Tapu koko is only used for the splash damage. Pheremosa may have similar HP and retreat, but with terrible attacks, it probably will not see play

uncleyuri

~
What hurts Pheromosa is its 2nd attack energy requirement. If it was even GCC you could argue to use it in Golisopod over baby Koko. As it stands koko’s spread damage is a vastly better attack and will be used over Pheromosa almost every time.

Number51x

Blasting off at the speed of light!
Between the DCE spread damage and having a free retreat-er ready to go on a moment's notice, Koko is your boy.