• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Tapu Koko GX

BiggieSlong

Aspiring Trainer
hi guys I was wondering ifyou know any improvements for my tapu koko gx decklist. Been playing it on ptcgo and had mixed results. I'm running:

4 tapu koko gx
1 jolteon ex
1 shaymin ex
1 tapu lele gx
1 raikou
1 giratina

3 N
4 Sycamore
3 lysandre
3 acerola

4 super scoop up
3 max elixir
3 aether paradise conservation area
3 fighting fury belt
1 rescue stretcher
1 super rod
2 max potion
4 ultra ball
2 field blower
4 vs seeker

11 energy

Idea is to keep poking with your
tapu kokos and switching them for a new one when damaged while taking the new one back to your hand with scoop up or acerola. Jolteon for match ups with a lot of basics like volc, raikou for alolan ninetails and giratina to counter greninja.

I don't see any major problems with your list. I would add the 2nd Lele, a 4th Aeither Paradise, and maybe a 4th Max Elixir. 12 Basic Lightning is also optimal for this kind of deck. With 4 VS Seeker, 3 Lysandre doesn't seem necessary, so cut that?

I don't see any major problems with your list. I would add the 2nd Lele, a 4th Aeither Paradise, and maybe a 4th Max Elixir. 12 Basic Lightning is also optimal for this kind of deck. With 4 VS Seeker, 3 Lysandre doesn't seem necessary, so cut that?
It just seems like once my opponent can ohko my active koko the game is over because i can't get a second one ready in time.

Yeah I would play a 4th aether and 4th elixir if I had them but I can't find decent trades for them.

It just seems like once my opponent can ohko my active koko the game is over because i can't get a second one ready in time.

Yeah I would play a 4th aether and 4th elixir if I had them but I can't find decent trades for them.
I can see why you can't get Elixirs, but Aether Paradise? I pulled WAAY too many out of my 68 GRI. Funny thing is, I only got 1 reverse. Aether Paradise isn't a staple, and even in decks that can utilize it, people don't use it. I'm looking on TCG player right now, and they're literally 5 cents. I'm guessing you're talking PTCGO.

I can see why you can't get Elixirs, but Aether Paradise? I pulled WAAY too many out of my 68 GRI. Funny thing is, I only got 1 reverse. Aether Paradise isn't a staple, and even in decks that can utilize it, people don't use it. I'm looking on TCG player right now, and they're literally 5 cents. I'm guessing you're talking PTCGO.
yeah I'm talking ptcgo :)

I would drop the Shaymin for the second Lele. Shaymin is an easy 2 prizes and you're not playing DCE to bounce it back into your hand.

And you could probably cut an Acerola and the Rescue Stretcher for the fourth Elixir and I would add the fourth Fighting Fury Belt. It gives +40 HP as opposed to +30 HP, and gives 10 more damage. And it costs a Field Blower to dispose of. I understand Acerola is essential to this deck, but since you have VS Seeker, you can search the first with Lele and just rinse and repeat from there. If it was post-rotation, a count of 3 would be good. And Rescue Stretcher should be cut because you aren't losing lines of pokemon like you would in an evolution deck. You lose one pokemon, then like 3 energy. Super Rod is more effective at recovering that. And since this deck is all prize denial, hopefully it won't happen frequently enough that you need 2 Super Rod. And for the twelfth energy that @gumball51321 recommended, just drop a Lysandre. You still have VS. Seeker. Abuse it.

Another card to consider in this deck is Pokemon Fan Club, as it let's you get any two pokemon in your deck and put them into your hand. So you can get Raikou and Koko, bench Raikou, Elixir to it, then Koko to the active. Just a thought, not sure what I would replace.

I like your list though, and I will probably play it myself in the near future.

I would drop the Shaymin for the second Lele. Shaymin is an easy 2 prizes and you're not playing DCE to bounce it back into your hand.

And you could probably cut an Acerola and the Rescue Stretcher for the fourth Elixir and I would add the fourth Fighting Fury Belt. It gives +40 HP as opposed to +30 HP, and gives 10 more damage. And it costs a Field Blower to dispose of. I understand Acerola is essential to this deck, but since you have VS Seeker, you can search the first with Lele and just rinse and repeat from there. If it was post-rotation, a count of 3 would be good. And Rescue Stretcher should be cut because you aren't losing lines of pokemon like you would in an evolution deck. You lose one pokemon, then like 3 energy. Super Rod is more effective at recovering that. And since this deck is all prize denial, hopefully it won't happen frequently enough that you need 2 Super Rod. And for the twelfth energy that @gumball51321 recommended, just drop a Lysandre. You still have VS. Seeker. Abuse it.

Another card to consider in this deck is Pokemon Fan Club, as it let's you get any two pokemon in your deck and put them into your hand. So you can get Raikou and Koko, bench Raikou, Elixir to it, then Koko to the active. Just a thought, not sure what I would replace.

I like your list though, and I will probably play it myself in the near future.
Fan Club can grab Shaymin, so you're basically using 2 supporters and getting a free Koko, all for the price of 1. And Shaymin can picked up via Acerola and Super Scoop Up. Not to mention it can't really be trapped in the active since Koko switches out. TBH, I'd say play the 2nd Shaymin, since drawing cards is amazing, especially in a speed deck like this.

Back