• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Tapu Koko/Dusknoir With Shrine of Punishments

Blergsid

Aspiring Trainer
Koko dusknoir was one of my favorite decks to play in the past. revolves around spreading damage and sacking your tapu kokos, then clumping the damage up using dusknoir to take prizes. With shrine of punishments coming out soon in celestial storm, I thought now would be a good time to revisit it and try it out in a new meta.

##Pokémon - 15

* 2 Shaymin-EX ROS 106
* 4 Tapu Koko PR-SM SM30
* 2 Duskull BUS 51
* 1 Duskull BCR 61
* 1 Espeon-EX BKP 52
* 1 Necrozma-GX BUS 63
* 1 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 137
* 1 Dusclops BUS 52
* 2 Dusknoir PLB 104

##Trainer Cards - 37

* 1 Delinquent BKP 98
* 2 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 3 Rare Candy UL 82
* 3 Professor Sycamore STS 114
* 3 Cynthia UPR 119
* 1 Guzma BUS 115
* 2 Brigette BKT 134
* 2 Dimension Valley PHF 93
* 2 Battle Compressor Team Flare Gear PHF 92
* 1 Colress PLS 118
* 2 Shrine Of Punishment whateverthesetabbreviationis whatevernumberthiscardis
* 2 Float Stone PLF 99
* 3 N NVI 92
* 4 Ultra Ball DEX 102
* 4 VS Seeker PHF 109
* 2 Counter Catcher CIN 91

##Energy - 8

* 4 Counter Energy CIN 100
* 4 Double Colorless Energy NXD 92

Total Cards - 60

Most cards are fairly standard, but some of my less obvious choices:

since I only need to take prizes at the very end, counter catcher is essentially an old catcher for most of the game except the start

espeon-ex makes it so I can take out evolution decks easily, usually needing only 6 damage counters to finish off a threat after unevolving them

necrozma lets me hit all ex/gx pokemon on their field for massive damage, with the potential to autowin against a field with enough ex pokemon out(although this is very rare), and with dimension valley he only needs a dce to use black ray gx

counter energy is here for the same reason as counter catcher, functioning as an extra dce later in the game and also allowing me to use some backup attacks if necessary

3-1-2 dusknoir with 3 rare candy- unlike most decks with a stage 2, this deck doesn't need an early dusknoir to win and can usually get away with a later one, and since I only ever need one out to end the game, I prefer a much smaller evolution line to not clog up the deck.

delinquent lets me have a chance against rough seas, making it so I don't need to be using constant shrines of punishment to win stadium wars. However, since it is so situational I only run 1 of it and it usually ends up being my first discard in games where the enemy doesn't have an important field spell to remove.

besides the cards listed, some techs I considered were pokepuff and silent lab to force the enemy to bench more pokemon to target, or cut off enemy abilities without hurting my deck, but I decided against them since I don't usually need to force the enemy to bench more pokemon to get enough damage, and I prefer shrine as my main stadium.

I find it strange that you don't play any copies of N considering you expect to be behind in prizes early game. Your list is pretty similar to mine though. A couple of cards I have really liked in here though are lusamine to get back dimension valley and a one of Wob PHF.

Back