• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format Tapu Bulu GX/Vikavolt (Post Rotation)

Adi

Aspiring Trainer
I have considered making a Tapu Bulu/Vikavolt deck for a while now, and I finally made a list. Here is my decklist.

Pokemon: 15

3 Grubbin
2 Charjabug
3 Vikavolt
2 Tapu Lele GX
3 Tapu Bulu GX
1 Jolteon EX
1 Drampa GX

Trainers: 33

Items
3 Choice Band
2 Field Blower
2 Heavy Ball
4 Ultra Ball
3 Rare Candy
2 Energy Recycler
2 Float Stone

Supporters
1 Brigette
2 Guzma
4 N
4 Professor Sycamore
1 Skyla

Stadium
3 Aether Paradise Conservation

Energy: 12

7 Grass Energy
5 Lighting Energy

I haven't actually played this deck before, so there might be some things I that don't work or I forgot to add in. Any feedback is appreciated.

Last edited:
Really like your deck. The only suggestion I would make is to lose Drampa for another Guzma and a Charjabug for a Choice Band.

Drampa is a good card, but in this deck you shouldn't be retreating a whole bunch which means damage isn't as likely to make it to your bench, making it practically useless. And you're gonna want that last Guzma to finish the game. :)

And Choice Band is important because it lets you get the KO on stage 1 GXs (except that darn Muk), so a third one is nice in case your others get Field Blowered away. And the second Charjabug is nice, but not neceessary with 3 Rare Candies.

Lastly, an option you may considered over the Conservation Area is Max Potion, since you discard your energy for the attack anyway.

Hope that helps!

I actually have the Drampa GX in there in case I get ability locked by Greninja or Garbodor. I realize Greninja should be an easy matchup even if I get ability locked late game because I don't have to discard energies to OHKO. So I guess it is there to deal with Garbodor, and in case my Vikavolt gets knocked out not allowing me to bring energies from the deck. I may get rid of Drampa GX, but I want to deck test with it a little further. I also run a Metagross GX deck, so I know about Rare Candy and the consistency with it, and think running 2 Chargabug helps with the consistency a lot. I may drop a Float Stone for a Choice Band though because I deck tested with 3, and they always got Field Blowered off anyways. Here are the changes I made.

-1 Float Stone

+1 Choice Band

I still am considering dropping the Drampa GX, but I will play test with it a little further.

Back