• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

TangSaur (Venusaur/Tangrowth)

Lukey

Hot & Dangerous
Any constructive critiscism would be greatly appreciated! :D

Pokemon
2 Tangrowth LV.X AR
2 Tangrowth AR
2 Tangela AR
1 Roserade UL
1 Roselia UL
1 Uxie LA
1 Spiritomb AR
3 Bulbasaur SV
2 Ivysaur SV
3 Venusaur SV
1 Cherubi SF
1 Cherubi SV
2 Cherrim AR
1 Sunkern HS
1 Sunflora HS

Trainers/Supportes/Stadiums
2 Miasma Valley
3 Professor Oak's New Theory
2 Copycat
2 Pokemon Collector
3 Expert Belt
3 Bebe's Search
2 Judge
3 Pokemon Communication
2 Rare Candy

11 Grass Energy
3 Double Colorless Energy

Format: Modified

Strategy: Set up the bench with the Chrubi for resistence, build on the bench the sunflora for easy grass drawing power and then swing in hard with Tangrowth Level X and Venusaur.

Venusaur is a horri-bad attacker. Sure it can dish out multiple special conditions...when it's near death. Leafeon UD does what Venusaur can, but better. You would be better off just focusing on Tangrowth as the main attacker.

So keep the Venusaur in for his Pokepower but other than that just play Tangrowth's? Im thinking of removing the Roseila and Roserade as they don't do much for the deck in play tests, but I don't have a clue with what to replace them for...

you mean poke-body, but either way it's not all that great, Roserade UL is a pretty rare card to come across and Skuntank G is pretty much extinct due to there being better SP techs so you won't be using Venusaur's body often, so it's pretty much just a waste of space. You can try this pokemon line out if you want

3-2/1-1 Tangrowth lvX (SF-AR/SF-lvX)
2-2 Cherrim AR
1-1 Sunflora HGSS
2 Uxie LA
1 Smeargle UD
1 Unown Q MD

And with the extra 7 spaces left open, i would suggest:

+1 Palmer's Contribution (Recovery)
+1 Luxury Ball (More search power is never a bad thing)
+2 Warp Point
+3 MooMoo Milk (a stange card indeed, but you want to keep Tangrowth's HP higher than the opponents to keep Swallowing for 120 dmg)

So in this format, (-2 Venusaur + 1 moo milk) what's being taken out and what's going into it?

Edit: sorry for asking for it so simply but I've never asked for help before with decks in this way so I don't really understand what's being removed and put in from your post. It's probably really obvious but I'm just having a moment of stupidity :(

Pokemon
1 Tangrowth LV.X AR
1 Tangrowth AR
3 Tangela AR
2 Uxie LA
1 Spiritomb AR
1 Smeargle
1 Unown Q
1 Cherubi SF
1 Cherubi SV
2 Cherrim AR
1 Sunkern HS
1 Sunflora HS

Trainers/Supportes/Stadiums
2 Miasma Valley
3 Professor Oak's New Theory
2 Copycat
2 Pokemon Collector
3 Expert Belt
3 Bebe's Search
2 Judge
3 Pokemon Communication
2 Rare Candy
1 Luxury Ball
1 Palmers Contribution
2 Warp Point
3 MooMoo Milk

11 Grass Energy
3 Double Colorless Energy

----------------------------------------------
This is the modified list, the only problem I can see is if the Tangrowth is K.O'ed then I dont have another one to build up on the bench, pretty much meaning that its game over for me as soon as the Tangrowth goes...

Maybe -1 Luxury Ball & -1 Palmers Contribution to +1 Tangrowth and +1 Tangrowth Level X?

Lol, Shaymin lvX is far from being broken.

-1 Spiritomb AR
-1 Judge

+1 Tangrowth AR (because once one Tangrowth goes down, what will you do?)
+1 Tangrowth SF (Same as above)

OK Empoleon, "Shaymin lvX is far from being broken".
And what about cherrim, Sunflora? born to be OHKO
I just say Every Pokemon are far from being broken !-)... if you have good cards.
Crobat G + Poketurn + Garchomp C Lv.X and Shaymin is KO
Blaziken FB Lv.X swicth Shaymin and OHKO him
Luxray GL Lv.X switch him
But all of these should be OHKO by Tangrowth AR...
So, Vespiquen UD or Bench Shield for protect Shaymin Lv.X ?

Lukey, Empoleon is right : you need 2 more Tangrowth (3/3/1) (you havent rescue energy, rescue Pokemon...)

Empoleon, I don't know Tangworth. It's long to attach energy to him. What do you think about discarding energy (Regice LA, Junk Arm, Volner Philosophie...) and use "Big Growth"/Tangrowth Lv.X ?

Yes Shaymin lvX gives all {G} pokemon +40HP so yeah it's great in that it can make the opponent waste resources and make pokemon much more durable, but it's not broken. It's just a good support pokemon but bench sitting lvX's don't last very long in a speed orientated format.

Big Growth should only be used late game when you have enough {G} energy in the discard pile, but that's why the deck should be running DCE so you can get a T3 Tangrowth up and running or if you can't get that DCE out, then you can stall with Tangrowth AR's first attack. Though Junk Arm wouldn't be too bad of a card to add (needs to be tested) seeing as the deck revolves around Tangrowth have higher HP than the opponent, you might need to use MooMoo Milk quite often (even though Tangrowth lvX has a 50/50 self-healing poké-power but more options is always good incase one fails)

I remember reading somewhere that's there's a grass card with the pokepower/pokebody that states your grass pokemon have no weakness? Maybe try running that as this deck just gets owned by fire type decks?

I've bought the shaymin tree and waiting on the smeargle.

Grass Tools :
Shaymin Lv.X : +40HP
Metapod HGSS : no weakness
Vespiquen UD : bench protect
Sunflora HGSS : search a grass pokemon
Leafon Lv.X : attach an energy
Cherrim SF : perform attack
Cherrim UD : health

No more place on the bench for all of them

What about if I removed a cherrim tree to replace it with a metapod tree? Would that do more harm than good?

Back