• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Tangrowth (States)

Lukey

Hot & Dangerous
18 Pokemon :

2 Uxie (Thinking of adding another Uxie aswell)
1-1 Sunflora (currently a metapod line as I hate sunflora... It just doesnt work in tangrowth as its to slow.)
3-3-1 Tangrowth (COL) - Level X (Maybe add another Tangela?)
4 Celebii Prime
2-1 Shaymin Level X

27 T/S/S:
3 Bebe's
1 Copycat
2 Pokemon Communication
3 PONT
3 Warp Point
2 Pokemon Collector
2 Expert Belt
4 IQ
1 Luxury Ball
2 Level Max
2 Sage's Training
1 Seeker
2 Engineers Adjustments (Possible take out? Suggestions?)
1 Palmers
1 Lucian's Assignment
Energy: 15
10{G}
4{C}{C}

Strategy: Set up the Celebii prime and a tangela on the bench, Shaymin Level X and the Tangrowth Level X, Uxie drops and IQ for as much possible damage by turn 3, as the celebii combo allows to me attach 2 energy per turn. Then pound away for win.

Lucians and Palmers are fot late game recovery and refreshing.

Suggestions?

Updated: 20/3/2011

I run a Tangrowth deck, glad to see someone else running a 3-2-2 line.
Have you considered Vespiquen UD as it can stop bench damage, like luxchomp's Dragon Rush and T-Tar's Darkness Howl.
I'm also not sure about smeargle, doesn't seem too useful in the deck, how do you find it?
I also don't like judge in this deck, I used it myself and it often hurt me more than my opponent.

My Suggestions:

-2 Judge
-1 Pokemon Communication (too much search power)
-3 Miasma Valley (useless against decks like VileGar and Luxchomp)
-2 Copycat (only good when opponent has low hand)

+1-1 Sunflora (more consistency, also in case one gets prized)
+1 Azelf (in case shaymin or tangrowth get prized)
+1 IQ (I like it for shaymin's seed flare and to look for DCE)
+2 Engineer's Adjustment (helps with discarding while giving you more cards)
+1 Palmer's Contibution (in case you lose shaymin or a tangrowth)

You do not need 2 Tangrowth X, you need more Tangrowths for attacking. Sure its a tank, but having 2 X's is pointless. You only need 1 Copycat and 2 PONT, but usually you run one or the other. Smeargle is not needed as a starter but Celebi lets you attach more energy and then use Unown Q to retreat. I put in Palmers like the person above me. I could probably give some more suggestions later because I tried this a little bit on RS.
-1 PONT
-1 Copycat
-2 Smeargle
-2 Judge
-1 Tangrowth X

+4 Celebi Prime
+1 unown q
+1 palmers contribution
+1 Tangrowth

I like the idea of the Engineer's Adjustments, Palmers & IQ. Took out the Judges, 1 Copycat and 1 Communication. I like the idea of another Sunflora but I need to find one first in my tins and folders ha ha! Smeargle was my starter but I'm tempted to take it out for the minor-errand running mareep as a quick energy searcher.

Celebi Prime is a wasted bench spot in this deck, I ran it with three and it just gets owned. So Celebii prime is not going in. Plus smeargle had a helpful ability if I'm forced to go first or second, therefore it's more versatile imo.

IMO if your using Tangrowth COL, the lines should look something like this:

3-3-1 Tangrowth X
2-2 OR 1-1 Sunflora HGSS (your choice as to how many lines)
1 or 2 Smeargle COL/UD (I don't use it but your choice)
1-1 Shaymin X
2 Celebi Prime (Better than Smeargle, but you can combo with Smeargle to get Celebi out)

Only cause Fire will be used soon in my meta, my lines are like so

3-3-1 Tangrowth X (Col Tangrowth)
2 Celebi Prime
1-1 Metapod HGSS (burn Prevention)
1-1 Vespiquen UD (The less damage taken, the better)
2-2 Sunflora HGSS
1 Azelf LA

Celebi is used as an Energy attacher. With Tangrowth on your bench, you can attach up to 2 Energy per turn (Using the power Forrest Breath). It allows for a Grass Energy attachment per turn (So I could attach a DCE and a grass in one turn, thus boosting my damage output. Also because of the extra Tangrowth, add an E-belt (I know its risky but if you set up right, it will help).

Azelf is CRUCIAL here (of course until it gets rotated in 5 months), allows you to search your prizes for those lvl X's. The reason I say cut the Shaymin line down is because you only need the one out, its a dead draw late game and is easier to just run 3 Rescue and attach one to it to save incase its gets KO'ed early.

Also, more Interviewers Questions. Add 3 more. With Celebi out, your going to want more energy to be able to attach two per turn.

Other than that, the rest of the deck is obviously your choice. Just my suggestions.

I agree with statement above, Azelf is important in this deck, especially if you run a 3-2-2 line of tangrowth.
If you're taking the smeargles out then you could consider 4 tangela for your starter, nutritional support for 2 energies in one turn is a decent start and is similar to the mareep, which I don't think really fits in too well in this deck.
Which shaymin are you running, PL or UL? I like running both, PL for early game stall and UL for late game energy moving, but its just a personal choice.

I'm running 2 of the PL Shaymin. May take the line down to a 1-1. Currently Re-playtesting Celebii Prime...

I still say that there should be a 3-3-1. Dont add another Tangela. If anything add another Tangrowth and take out one lvl X. You can Rescue, Palmers, or Flower Shop Lady to get the lvl X back to re use it. Anything else becomes to clunky and you wont have anything once 1 of those Tangrowths and a Lvl X prized. You gotta have something to fall back on in the event they are prized. Try to get an Azelf and another Tangrowth.

Other than that, this list is solid.

Defo changing it! Just playtested it and I got 90% more consistency than with a 3-2-2 Line! Epic! Any changes to the supporters etc? I took out the sages and added more IQ :)

I am guessing your main attack is the one that does +20 dmg for each energy attached

Have you thought about adding in a 2-2-2 Feraligator Prime line? Then making all the energy water (keep a couple grass) as tangrowths attack dosent need grass energy to attack, and dosent say it needs grass energy to get +20 per energy.

What easier way then feraligator prime to swarm energy :D?

It's a nice idea, but since Celebii prime does the same as Feragaitor prime, I'm going to stick with the Celebii. Celebii let's me attach 2 energy a turn and since this is a "I need as much energy as possible by turn 3 deck" 2 energy a turn is insane, especially if 1 of those is a double colorless! I also wanted to keep this deck stage 1 for speed...

Back