Discussion Talonflame BREAK in Greninja?

Nyora

A Cat
Ever since Choice Band's release, I've been wondering sie good ways to use it. Greninja plays Talonflame, and Talonflame has a BREAK. What it does really doesn't matter except that it becomes a Fire type Pokémon. Then, using Choice Band + Aero Blitz on a Pokémon weak to Fire (normally Grass and Metal) will take 140 damage, and with Kukui, 180! That would be a great way in my opinion to no EX Celty counter but get a really good start going against Grass decks, especially if your Greninja version plays Wally. Also, I have been wondering how Hex maniac might fare in Greninja, as it lets you do the Moonlight Slash instead of Shadow Stiching, getting in more power mainly, which can help a ton. Is Talonflame BREAK any good in Greninja? Hex Maniac? I think they can both find a good spot in it, possibly. :D

I don't think that Talonflame BREAK is a good addition to Greninja for one reason: fire energies. If you have to add fire energies it would become very clunky and it wouldn't be a good deck. Hex maniac is an excellent addition though, it's an early supporter to disrupt your opponent and helps against the Decidueye GX matchup. Some evne play 2 of them.

You don't need Fire energy though. It's just there for the Fire typing and I guess the extra HP helps as well. It's to you give you a slightly better matchup vs grass decks, as you can get more KOs while setting up with Talonflame which can help a ton.

I don't really like it. Ideally you're using water duplicates turn 2 in most situations. If your opponent is stone dead drawing and you can keep using aero blitz while getting Greninjas set up on your bench it might work, but even then how beneficial would it be? Just more hp and now a fire type attack? Extremely situational. It might pay off once every 20 games or so. I'd rather put another tech in my deck. Cool idea though.

Ever since Choice Band's release, I've been wondering sie good ways to use it. Greninja plays Talonflame, and Talonflame has a BREAK. What it does really doesn't matter except that it becomes a Fire type Pokémon. Then, using Choice Band + Aero Blitz on a Pokémon weak to Fire (normally Grass and Metal) will take 140 damage, and with Kukui, 180! That would be a great way in my opinion to no EX Celty counter but get a really good start going against Grass decks, especially if your Greninja version plays Wally. Also, I have been wondering how Hex maniac might fare in Greninja, as it lets you do the Moonlight Slash instead of Shadow Stiching, getting in more power mainly, which can help a ton. Is Talonflame BREAK any good in Greninja? Hex Maniac? I think they can both find a good spot in it, possibly. :D
I have been using Talonflame Break in my greninja break for 3 months now. I have destroyed all kinds of grass decks with it except for Decidueye/Vileplume. It also puts talonflame out of KO range from TaurosGX if my oponent decides to use Mad Bull GX after my Aero Blitz. Overall. With my 3Wally deck setup, a lot of time i can start with the break right away, forcing my oponent to do some risky plays.

The only downside of Talonflame Break is, if you dont start Talonflame, then you have a 5th useless card in your deck.

Back