Talonflame BREAK, Captivating Pokepuff Promos!

I can imagine that Poképuff card being abused to hell and back when it gets an English release, though depending on the deck type, I can imagine that it could end up backfiring as well if played too over zealously (I.E. probably not a good idea to use it against someone using a M Rayquaza/Sky Field deck)

I'm just imagining... Someone plays that Captivating Pokepuff, and yet the only Basic I have in my hand is this:

113747_150w.jpg

Now what?
Ha, cute :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, Pokepuff seems great for when your opponent kos your Joltik with Sky Return to preserve energy and deny its ko. Since in that case you just KNOW your opponent has it in hand, you can just Pokepuff safely. Seems good with Zoroark too.

I think a Dugtrio BREAK would be awesome. The Dugtrio from XY is borderline ok, but give it more HP and maybe a second attack for two F energy, or an ability, and it could 'break through' lol.

WHAT
WHHHHHHAAAT

It's not like TPCi to just completely nullify a card that came out a year ago...
*cough cough*
XY4_EN_96.png

Has no one noticed the Pokepuff would work with Sky Field and Mega Rayquaza EX? Come on with Pokepuff bringing out as many basics it wants and with Sky Field it could power up the move faster.
M Ray EX's attack only counts your own bench, not your opponent's bench...Or am I missing something? Do you mean you're supposed to hope your opponent uses it to power up your Ray? They probably won't when they realize you have either card.

What is the point of playing Pokepuff, if you can't block abilities? Seems kinda weird that they would make a card like this...

Even with the new ruling it's still useful to force them to drop Shaymins when their hand is 6+ or if you've played Silent Lab/Garbotoxin/Wobbuffet that turn and they can't disrupt it to play their Shaymin

M Ray EX's attack only counts your own bench, not your opponent's bench...Or am I missing something? Do you mean you're supposed to hope your opponent uses it to power up your Ray? They probably won't when they realize you have either card.
No you're not missing anything. Someone pointed that out to me. I forgot about the your bench not opponents bench part when I wrote that post (I was falling asleep).

Ok, second look at that. The wording can't make that possible.

Wording on Shaymin-EX: "When you play this Pokemon from your hand onto your bench..." keyword being YOU. If it was "When this Pokemon is played from your hand..." (which we've seen in the TCG) it would work. Shaymin's ability should not activate because your opponent is playing it from your hand, not you. It seems they just didn't want to annoy the people who would whine about "spending $40+ on each Shaymin and not being able to play them".

Ok, second look at that. The wording can't make that possible.

Wording on Shaymin-EX: "When you play this Pokemon from your hand onto your bench..." keyword being YOU. If it was "When this Pokemon is played from your hand..." (which we've seen in the TCG) it would work. Shaymin's ability should not activate because your opponent is playing it from your hand, not you. It seems they just didn't want to annoy the people who would whine about "spending $40+ on each Shaymin and not being able to play them".

The distinction here is that the opponent is actually the person playing the card. You may be forcing them to bench the mon, however they are still the controlling player making the action, albeit against their will. Furthermore, it is coming from hand and thus its two conditionals are met: Played and from hand. Therefore, the opposing player will be allowed to activate the optional Ability if so desired.

There is the benefit of this, if you do have a Lysandre in hand, or you are playing Greninja break, to get an easy 2 prizes.

Don't on-play abilities say something like "when you play this Pokemon", and not "when this Pokemon comes into play"? The Pokepuff translation keeps the owner of those basics from playing them, because it states that the player who uses the Pokepuff plays the basics from their opponent's hand. Cards like ShayminEX should only have their on-play abilities activated when the owner does something to put them into the field. The new rule that you can still activate on-play abilities when your hand is forced is bollocks, because it ignores the context of how cards are played that's already written on pre-existing cards.

will likely need a ruling to be sure but since abilities work when but into play by pokepuff, I think team magma's secret base should activate as well which means you could put up to 5 of your opponents poke into play with 2 damage on them, against nightmarch thats pretty good if you have spread/snipe.

I'm in lawyer mode right now, so forgive me if I got this wrong.

Shaymin-EX's ability says that when you play it onto your bench, you can activate its ability. However, Pokepuff States that YOU put the Pokemon onto your opponent's bench (not your opponent). Would this prevent your opponent from activating Set Up, or Scoundrel Ring? I know this is just a translation, but if it is printed as translated, I would like to see a ruling that states that Pokemon forced into play through captivating Pokepuff count as Pokemon your opponent plays, even though YOU technically get to choose what to put down.

EDIT** Guess I got Greninja'd xD

Back