"Tales of" Discussion

Played it, completed the main story. It was... okay. There's a lot of backtracking. A couple of characters are really unlikeable.

PS3 Vesperia has a bunch of new stuff and two extra playable characters.

Played it, completed the main story. It was... okay. There's a lot of backtracking. A couple of characters are really unlikeable.

PS3 Vesperia has a bunch of new stuff and two extra playable characters.

That's kind of disheartening to know. I was really looking forward to this new Tales game.. Well, I suppose I can work on Fairy Fencer F for a bit then and try and sit through it and beat it when I have a weekend.

Don't let me dissuade you from playing it. In terms of likability, really one character really stands out because he's basically the "I'm out for revenge and F this team I don't care about you just let me get my revenge" trope and he basically doesn't change until literally the last possible moment which does nothing to make me like him as a character.

The battle system is fun and interesting, but it's not without its flaws, of course.

As for the backtracking, yes there is a lot of it, but you can do save point warping like in Xillia, if you've played that. You can warp from every save point, but it costs money to do it, and depending on where you are in the story, you may not be able to go to certain areas you've already been to.

The soundtrack is great! The opening theme is very popular. Very catchy. Great music all throughout.

There's currently a free DLC that takes place after the main story, so that's pretty cool.

All in all, if you're looking for a Tales fix then I think Zestiria will do you right.

Hey, since Brave Vesperia posted the Rita doll he wanted, I think I should post the fan-made Tales merchandise that utterly terrifies me.

Just look at this costume and tell me you're not scared.

Tales-of-the-Abyss-Jade-Curtiss-Cosplay-Costume-include-boots-cover-and-belt-prop.jpg_640x640.jpg

Jade Curtiss has fangirl minons.
I have never been this scared.

Remind me in like a year+ when we get it stateside

Oh. My. Word.
Just thought I'd share this with you! It's the Japanese voice actors from lots of Tales games having a little skit in the Tales of Festival.
Yuri's there, and Sorey, Lloyd, Ruca, Luke, Zelos. Etc.
I died. Poor Spada.

Back