Article Take a Bite With Crobat/Wobbuffet!

Hi! I also prefer to use quirky decks, both for budget reasons and because I like to use cards nobody throws in counters for. I was wondering if you had experimented any with the Whiscash from primal clash. Many powerful cards rely on a single attack, such as Seismatoad and M Rayquaza-EX, and I think that Whiscash is really underestimated, especially in conjunction with something that makes it hard for the opponent to switch out for another attacker(like jellicent or team aqua's muk). I am currently working on a deck using team aqua's muk(because I can't get my hands on any jellicent, and because it'll be in standard format longer). What are your thoughts on that deck?

I always liked the look of CrobaFet but never got any Crobats on PTCGO so never played, though it's not currently the deck I have been looking forward to building the most and just something on the side I could do if I pull any right now.

@Luxray
Haha, believe me, budget constraints were a factor the drew me to rogue decks as well.

I can't say I've experimented with THAT Whiscash in particular (I've only tried the Ancient Trait one out a bit in my Shedinja deck), but I can see where you're going with that idea. Shutting off an attack would certainly be an unexpected tactic in today's format and in some cases where your target only has one attack, it could function as a sort of soft lock. As far as a partner goes, I'd suggest Dragalge from Flashfire. Rather than raise retreat costs, it's ability just completely prevents Pokemon from retreating at all if they're poisoned. Having your target be poisoned shouldn't be too difficult considering Amnesia only does 20 damage, so you'll need to supplement that damage with Hypnotoxic Laser + Virbank City Gym anyway.

Of course, that only applies to the current format. After the rotation, you may have a bit more trouble getting this concept to work.

@WrightJustice

Well, you have plenty of time to build! Most of the cards in this deck will definitely survive the rotation. Losing Scoop-Up Cyclone is gonna hurt a bit, but if Garbodor leaves the format this deck will lose a major counter, so it's gonna be around for while.

Last edited:
Very good list. A few suggestions to the list. 1. Take out skyla for last N. Skyla is not really needed in the list.
2. Computer search over scoop up cyclone. You can use Computer Search to look for cards that you need. 3. If your running miltank You want to fit in some dce. 4. Cut crobat to 3 for maybe 4th scoop up or dce. That's all I see. If you do those changes the deck would play very fine your list is good,but if use my suggestions it would be much more better in my opinion.

Ha, I built this deck recently and am destroying with it. I run, however, two Gengar Ex instead of two Miltank. Dark Corridor, which deals 60 and inflicts Poison, switches Gengar Ex from the active spot to the bench. I find this to be a fantastic setup for Wobbuffet, constantly keeping him in the active spot and providing for him additional damage.

The deck has (insurmountable?) problems against Primal Kyogre + Rough Seas, or any deck that runs Rough Seas. Seismitoad is nasty as well

@Carson Sith I appreciate the input! I run Skyla because there are plenty of situations where I need a single, specific item in my deck and I'd rather have the guarantee of getting it than rely on a draw supporter to maybe get it. Sometimes it's a muscle band for that extra damage I need to KO, sometimes it's an Ultra Ball or Scoop-Up Cyclone to get some extra bat damage in. Sometimes it's even for a Dimension Valley so I can attack. Skyla has PLENTY of uses here.

Computer Search will always be a great consistency card in any deck, I just prefer Cyclone because the guaranteed scooping effect works great with the bats and I have other cards for searching stuff out anyway (Skyla/Ultra Ball/VS Seeker).

...Not sure what you're talking about with Miltank and DCEs. Miltank's second attack is awful and should never be used. Running DCE just for that would be a pretty big waste of space.

My last 2 decks have been rogue. My current one is a gourgeist, lopunny, slurpuff deck.
Gourgeist does 10x the number of cards in hand, slurpuff draws cards, lopunny has ability to return it and all cards attached to it to your hand. Which makes for a great N counter. And almost every item / supporter in the deck increase the cards in hand.
I actually managed in a tournament the other day to hit for 480 damage not including weakness.

My personal favorite rogue deck has to be Swampert/Slurpuff. If it gets set up it absolutely destroys whatever it is facing.

To my earlier comment, what is the answer this deck has for Rough Seas? Any ideas?
Just Dimension Valley. With the amount of Valleys that are run in this deck, you should normally win the stadium war. Plus, you don't always see Rough Seas, or at least atm, so personally I wouldn't see it something to worry about. If you do find yourself in that type of matchup, just focus or you damage onto a single Pokemon.

Just Dimension Valley. With the amount of Valleys that are run in this deck, you should normally win the stadium war. Plus, you don't always see Rough Seas, or at least atm, so personally I wouldn't see it something to worry about. If you do find yourself in that type of matchup, just focus or you damage onto a single Pokemon.

@Windfish This, mostly.
...But also the fact that Rough Seas doesn't really do that good a job of keeping up with the damage output this deck has. A single 30 damage Surprise Bite means a 60 damage (banded) Psychic Assault. that's 90 damage total. healing 30 damage from that still leaves 60 damage on the Defending Pokemon which means 90 damage (banded) for 150 damage total (and that's without factoring in any other bat damage which there almost certainly will be)

So even with healing 30 damage per turn, this deck can still hit some scary numbers fairly easily.

Great article! I wanted to test the deck out on PTCGO but found I didn't have Scoop Up Cyclone. This is definitely the ACE SPEC choice for /any/ deck that uses Bats, no questions asked. It optimizes the utility of your damage spreading and allows you to take advantage of Zubat or Golbat that you didn't play on the same turn.

I've been testing this deck out the past few days, and I find that removing miltank is definitely a possibility. It helps net some KOs, but overall I prefer to not have it take up the space in my deck, or use any of my small energy count (6). I also prefer to not have to worry about retreating as much. Another tech I use that is worth noting is Trump Card>Sacred Ash. I find that games with this deck tend to go on for a while, and you end up using a LOT of draw supporters/search cards/etc which require discards in order to make it fast and consistent, and this has resulted in me decking out a couple of times. Since I switched Sacred Ash to Trump Card, I haven't decked out once (although I was 1 card away from it in a game, and my Trump Card was my LAST prize, it was quite funny. I did manage to sneak the win in with a Surprise Bite followed by a muscle banded Skill Dive, however). Overall, I love the deck and I'm really enjoying its relative ease of use and low cost cards.

I love this deck and it has been my primary for a few months now. Petty good success at locals with it and even some at regionals though this was prior to it being tweaked with Mewtwo EX (a must for this deck).
I think with the increased use of Shaymin it is a good time to be playing Wobbuffet.
Just to echo what Sjin says definitely LTC over sacred ash. Getting everything back is well worth the supporter slot for the turn.
I could post my deck list if peps are interested?

Announced earlier today and effective June 20th, Trump Card is banned from all official tournaments. Welp. That actually really hurts this deck. You NEED the scoop-ups to be available many times, and you need to have the freedom of being able to discard things knowing you can get them back later, otherwise the deck is just too slow as you conserve necessary cards for later on. It's a real shame that this is happening, but I can see the logic behind it. Either way, it makes me sad that my new favorite deck is gonna take such a hard hit.

Announced earlier today and effective June 20th, Trump Card is banned from all official tournaments. Welp. That actually really hurts this deck. You NEED the scoop-ups to be available many times, and you need to have the freedom of being able to discard things knowing you can get them back later, otherwise the deck is just too slow as you conserve necessary cards for later on. It's a real shame that this is happening, but I can see the logic behind it. Either way, it makes me sad that my new favorite deck is gonna take such a hard hit.

I agree that LTC was important for this deck, but I wonder if you think if its loss make this deck no longer viable. Have tested it without LTC?

I agree that LTC was important for this deck, but I wonder if you think if its loss make this deck no longer viable. Have tested it without LTC?
To be fair, the decklist in the OP appears to be without Lysandre's Trump Card, unless it was edited recently, so it obviously was plausible in the deck.

Back