tactics

goldedda

you call its going to be all over BABY
so what do you think is a better strategy:

spread (empoleon ect.)
Fast (scizor kingdra)
hard hitter (t- tar)
consistent (amu)

i don't think i would put AMU under consistent... but i would say speed as it's really hard to come back after your opponent has a high HP poke that just keeps killing all your little ones.

Damage resist is actually going to be a big deal right now, with relative max damage lower than it has ever been. Amu has an advantage on damage resist, which pwns everything else.

Consistancy>all. With consistancy comes speed (or else you're not getting set-up consistantly. :X). Then usually comes either one of the other two. Scizor is consistant and hits semi-hard (well, hard for it's stage at least). T-tar can be fast due to it's power/energy excel. AMU is speedy and hits hard and can spread. And most spread decks rely on getting up fast and usually have some hitting.

Your deck strategy's intermingle actually. Empoleon can spread, he's fast, hit's hard (with big bench), and is very consistent. Kingdra also is fast, hit's moderately hard, spreads, and man he's consistent. I believe the line is set as either set up or none set up decks. Kingdra can either go with pure speed without the Pachirisu, and just rely on it's nasty power, or he can take some time setting up for the old drum beating rhythm of kingdra after kingdra.

Spread decks are fun, but not really my type of deck. I can play it, and it's a good deck to play, but I'm more of a "Attack and get rid of it already" kind of player. Not to mention, it could get annoying moving those damage counters around, looking for that number on the dice, AH! Like when I faced a Forrertress/Bronzong spread, that was brutal.

I like Speed T2 decks, but the only bad thing I see about those kind of decks are if you don't get your combo right away, and you have to go late game, it won't be as successful and you'd have to try and think of a new strategy. My only speed deck right now is AMU, but's the kind of speed decks that hit hard. I am only a fan of fast decks for the high chance of donking your opponent.

Hard Hitters take some time to power up most of the time, but once they get rolling, they really get rolling, which is why I'm a fan of these decks. Then again, so many people run speed decks it's hard to set up. =\

Overall, I'd choose a well paced, consistent deck, which doesn't really hit hard late game, and still takes a little bit of time to set up (not a whole lot) but can survive late game. Something like BlissRai, where it could take a little bit of time to set up, having to get out Weavile, Level Up Darkrai, blah blah blah, but it's hard to stop Blissey's momentum.

Papi/Manny said:
Consistancy>all. With consistancy comes speed (or else you're not getting set-up consistantly. :X). Then usually comes either one of the other two. Scizor is consistant and hits semi-hard (well, hard for it's stage at least). T-tar can be fast due to it's power/energy excel. AMU is speedy and hits hard and can spread. And most spread decks rely on getting up fast and usually have some hitting.

Scizor is steady but not consistant enough IMO... =S

AMU is definitely not consistent.

Scizor is not only speedy, but can match powerful decks like Tyranitar with the simple Push Through and Accelerate combo. :) But thanks to Push Through, Scizor isn't 100% consistent, as you can't use Poke-Powers. Still, it's nowhere near as bad as AMU.

And Papi, just because something's consistent, doesn't mean it's fast. I could (and have) a deck that can consistently gets set up T4-T5... But I wouldn't call that fast.

Here's my Answer and to me it's one of the best.

Do what you think you like/ what will be good.
It's your deck , so you control it , not others.

Ariadosguy said:
AMU is definitely not consistent.

Scizor is not only speedy, but can match powerful decks like Tyranitar with the simple Push Through and Accelerate combo. :) But thanks to Push Through, Scizor isn't 100% consistent, as you can't use Poke-Powers. Still, it's nowhere near as bad as AMU.

And Papi, just because something's consistent, doesn't mean it's fast. I could (and have) a deck that can consistently gets set up T4-T5... But I wouldn't call that fast.
Er, okay....Except that then it's NOT consistant. The deck obviously has structural flaws and needs improvement to get up faster, unless it's a very extensive set-up deck (magnezone comes to mind, in which case t4-5 is relatively fast).

Back