Ruling T-Tar Typo?!

Celebi23

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Tyranitar's Poke-Body says "may." This means you don't have to, right. But on every other card, Bodies can't be turned off. Powers are still usable during your opponent's turn (take Alakazam, for example), so shouldn't T-Tar's Body be a Power? Thanks.

It's a new type of body. Flygon ex had a body that had may in it. Some bodies are optional.

I noticed that yesterday, it is a typo. Take the spoiler:
Poke-Body: Dark Fighting Spirit
Whenever one of your opponent’s Pokemon uses a Poke-Power, after the effect resolves, search your discard pile for 1 Basic Darkness Energy card and attach it to this Pokemon.
It never mentions may. Considering there have been tons of mistranslations in this set, this does not surprise me. It will probably be changed so that you have to. As you said, bodies are almost never optional. It is supposed to be a Body, and shall remain a body. My assumption is that it will be errata'd. Because, to be hontest, I would trust the translations Bangiras does over the translations that POP does. Especially considering how many screw-ups there are in this set. :p

Ummm, but there HAS been optional bodies. Obviously they can expand on this becuase of this president (I hope thats how you spell it). Also, in case you people haven't figured it out, there is a language barrier, and some words imply things that obviously aren't considered. Also, what "tons" of mitranslations?

just found it that fast.

The translation that Bangiras did was not 100% accurate

ENGRISH
Each time [pokemon] of the partner uses [pokepawa], after the effect, 1, you are possible to acquire basic [DARK] energy your own trash to this [pokemon].

In English it is
Each time your opponent's pokemon uses a Poke-Power, after the effect resolves, you may get a basic dark energy from your discard and attach it to Tyranitar.

Ah thanks. So this means that you have the option. This would be unfair [in my opinion] if you didn't because your opponent could Cosmic and Azelf for the win. Thanks again DukeFireBird.

Nono, the translation was inaccurate. There is no option in taking it.

waitwaitwait.. i'm confised can someone give a define answer, do you have a choice of getting the energy in the discard? i also have another question, if you have two T-Tar's out and only 1 energy in your discard (assuming that it translates to you MUST get the energy) which one gets it? (opponent uses power of course)

^The card says may and until theres some reversal on it, thats how it's played.
IF it was a must, then you would still have the choice to pick which pokemon gets the energy, since both activate at the same time and since it's your pokemon's pokebody, you get to choose which order the effects activate in.

Back