• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Sylveon GX Post Rotation (BreakThrough-Burning Shadows)

Question. Do you think I could add a couple Max Potions in the deck, especially against Metagross GX?
I am playing with Max Potions. And I like them, not for Metagross GX though. Some like Acerola too. Advantage to Acerola is that you get to keep your energy and if you still have Sylveons in your deck you can immediately evolve and thus get a Sylveon back the turn you play Acerola. But for me I didn't like that this part of my deck relied on another Supporter as I have trouble with the one supporter per turn even without Acerola. :)

Hey Sylveon players. Just thought I'd pop in and say that I'm liking this deck for post rotation. Energy denial seems strong in this format and being able to shit on every deck except the one deck you conveniently auto-lose to is pretty damn fire.

Hey Sylveon players. Just thought I'd pop in and say that I'm liking this deck for post rotation. Energy denial seems strong in this format and being able to shit on every deck except the one deck you conveniently auto-lose to is pretty damn fire.

Is that 1 deck Metagross?

Yes of course it's Metagross.

Volcanion gives you a lot of trouble too.

Yes of course it's Metagross.

Volcanion gives you a lot of trouble too.
Not really. They don't run Max Elixir anymore and all their main attackers need 3+ Energy to be effective. It's certainly not a favorable matchup but its definitely a winnable one.

I am playing with Max Potions. And I like them, not for Metagross GX though. Some like Acerola too. Advantage to Acerola is that you get to keep your energy and if you still have Sylveons in your deck you can immediately evolve and thus get a Sylveon back the turn you play Acerola. But for me I didn't like that this part of my deck relied on another Supporter as I have trouble with the one supporter per turn even without Acerola. :)
I'll definitely consider Acerola! But still it sucks that there isn't an easy way to deal with Metagross GX :p. Thank you though!

Really only way we beat Metagross is if we can pull combo off turn 2 before they have more than 1 metagross and then fairy wind them for KOs and hope they dont top deck Lele/N/sycamore

Not really. They don't run Max Elixir anymore and all their main attackers need 3+ Energy to be effective. It's certainly not a favorable matchup but its definitely a winnable one.

Most Volcanion decks do run Max Elixir by the way. Metagross is just not a good matchup because they are so beefy, and they can OHKO you. That is pretty much an auto loss unless they dead draw super hard. I hope this helps.

Back