• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Sylveon GX Help

Korrey_HowToNerd

Aspiring Trainer
Heya! I am sorta to the the Pokémon card game and am looking towards playing competitively one day. Sylveon is awesome so I decided on a Quad Sylveon deck. Unfortunately, all the deck lists I found were out dated so I tried to update it a little to the current Standard. Here is what I ended up with:

~~POKEMON 13x~~

• 4x Eevee (SUM)

• 4x Sylveon GX (GRI)

• 3x Trubbish (GRI)

• 2x Garbodor (BKP)

~~TRAINERS 35x~~

~Supporters 15x~

• 4x Team Flare Grunt

• 2x Team Rocket's Handiwork

• 2x Delinquent

• 4x N

• 4x Guzma

~Items 17x~

• 3x Float Stone

• 4x Puzzle of Time

• 3x Max Potion

• 3x Nest Ball

• 1x Enhanced Hammer

• 1x Field Blower

• 2x Choice Band

~Stadiums 2x~

• 2x Parallel City

~~ENERGY 14x~~

• 8x Fairy Energy

• 4x Psychic Energy

• 2x Double Colorless Energy

So I am really unsure about this build, especially without Hex Manic. I feel Garbodor is going to really hinder this deck, especial with those Items now in the deck. Also Delinquent is a bit harder to activate but I'm not too worried about this as the Garbodor. Maybe it'll work I dunno. Any critique is very helpful.

Thanks for reading and I hope I get to meet some new people ^^

Im not an expert on Sylveon(Im trying to though!), but Sableye plays sort of the same. Ill leave the experts (I know 2 that are on here quite often.) to help you. I wish you the best of luck.

Welcome to Pokebeach!

Hi there! I just played a Quad Sylveon GX deck at my local league today and went 2-1. I have thought about adding the Garbodor to my deck, but am not totally sure about it yet. Here is what I was running if you want to take a look. I found that setting up the Sylveon GX to keep denying my opponent of their resources via Magical Ribbon was easy to maintain throughout the game. Currently, this deck would get destroyed by Trashalance decks so I think focusing on item conservation during those matchups would be important - still working on a way to do that. Cheers!

Pokemon

4 Eevee SUM
4 Sylveon GX GRI

Trainers

2 Pokemon Center Lady

3 Team Flare Grunt

1 Team Skull Grunt

2 Team Rocket's Handiwork

2 Delinquent

2 Acerola

4 Puzzle of Time

4 Crushing Hammer

3 Max Potion

2 Enhanced Hammer

1 Field Blower

1 Escape Rope

1 Red Card

1 Choice Band

1 Chaos Tower

1 Parallel City

Energy

12 Fairy Energy

3 Double Colorless Energy

Hi there! I just played a Quad Sylveon GX deck at my local league today and went 2-1. I have thought about adding the Garbodor to my deck, but am not totally sure about it yet. Here is what I was running if you want to take a look. I found that setting up the Sylveon GX to keep denying my opponent of their resources via Magical Ribbon was easy to maintain throughout the game. Currently, this deck would get destroyed by Trashalance decks so I think focusing on item conservation during those matchups would be important - still working on a way to do that. Cheers!

Pokemon

4 Eevee SUM
4 Sylveon GX GRI

Trainers

2 Pokemon Center Lady

3 Team Flare Grunt

1 Team Skull Grunt

2 Team Rocket's Handiwork

2 Delinquent

2 Acerola

4 Puzzle of Time

4 Crushing Hammer

3 Max Potion

2 Enhanced Hammer

1 Field Blower

1 Escape Rope

1 Red Card

1 Choice Band

1 Chaos Tower

1 Parallel City

Energy

12 Fairy Energy

3 Double Colorless Energy
Thank you very much!

Also something that I've been noticing is that everyone has like, significantly different ways about building this sort of deck. I guess when you're only deeling with two Pokémon things get more complicated...but anyway just some comments on the list based on what I've looked up.

Wouldn't Brock's Grit negate trashalanche somewhat? I feel like the only match that would be bad is Metagross GX because of his energy recursion ability, which is a big hinderance on our strategy.

Also the deck list looks good. I personally like ultimate disruption and would probably only take three max potions for our side of the board, and maybe 1-2 Pokémon center ladies. Other than that I don't think tools have a place in the deck except for a garbotoxin Garbodor strategy, which I don't feel will work too well but eh maybe. I also feel that Delinquent is a very powerful part of the deck, especially paired with red card. I also found a neast little combo with those two and tormenting spray, a card that lets you discard one of your opponent's supporters. Again, paired with Delinquent and red card 9/10 times they have zero cards in their hand. I just found that really cool.

I hope I'm not being mean or anything ^^; I just like the concept behind this deck and would like to discuss it some, maybe understand it more. Thanks again!

It seems like Brock's Grit wouldn't be too helpful, because you are just taking 6 in any combination of Pokémon and basic Energy cards from your discard pile and getting them back into your deck, and Trashalance does damage for each item card in the discard pile. The Tormenting Spray sounds like a good idea, especially paired with the Delinquent and Red Card to keep your opponent's hand low!

This deck has few ways to go since there are so many hand and energy denial cards to choose fomr. Part of it will come from different metas we face at locals that determine what we aim to make the primary objective of the deck. I prefer slight more focus on energy denial but also really like the ability to pull the 4 card combo to potentially leave your opponent top decking as early as turn 2. I have tried adding more basics than just the 4 eevee but it never consistently pays off.. you might win a game here or there bc of it but over the long haul, regionals and higher up, you need the most consistent set up as possible. I wish Lele had a place as it could be helpful but the need to have first turn eevee to sylveon gx and magical ribbon is too critical for the decx to be successful to mess with.

The optimal energy count I have found out is 11 fairy and 2 DCE. I see some ppl playing 3 and with new format I am not totally against it but you can puzzle of time a DCE if you need it badly instead of dedicating a 3rd spot in a deck that is already tight on room for cards you need. Brocks grit is helpful if you are running 2 plumeria's as you can discard energy or eevee/sylveon that you dont need atm but might need later on in order to disrupt your opponent. If you are not playing playing plumeria than brock's grit is not as helpful except in the mirror.

The stadium count is bit up in the air but i feel 4-5 is the right number as you need the ability to delinquent as often as you can and do not want to rely on your opponent esp. games 2 and 3 to provide a stadium unless it is very adventitious for them to play it down. As of now im treialing 3 chaos tower and 2 parallel city but it might change once the meta is established and there is a better idea for what 2 stadiums will most benefit our deck/ create further disruption to opponent's strategy. I feel with increase play of octillery line that parallel city might be the best option for our deck. Limiting opponent to 3 bench could be insane. Imagine them stuck with 2 leles and an octillery line. Sure they can draw but if we do not attack once they are locked than they cannot acerola to create room. Still alot of playtesting need to be done and promising that a sylveon deck made day 2 in expanded. I had success at WI regionals in June with sylveon. I always went 2nd and in first 6 rounds I won every game 1,whihc put tremendous pressure on opponent to try to play fast to win a quick game 2. I think wirth removal of VS Seeker and hex maniac that this deck has alot of promise for the new rotation.

Currently my list :
Monsters: 8
4 Eevee
4 Sylveon GX

Trainers: 38
4 Team Flare Grunt
4 Crushing Hammer
4 Puzzle of Time
2 Team Rockets Handiwork
2 Guzma
2 Plumeria
1 Professor kukui
3 Max Potion
3 Delinquent
3 Red Card
3 Tormenting Spray
2 Field blower
1 Brock's Grit
1 Team Skull Grunt
2 Chaos Tower (waiting to see if post rotation there is better stadium combination to play)
2 Parallel City

Energy: 13
11 Fairy
2 DCE

This deck has worked great for me; tweaking every now and again as needed but pretty much playing this deck since Sylveon came out. It takes quite a bit of practice to get comfortable with it and knowing how to play against each deck and knowing when and what cards to grab from the deck.

Last edited:
This deck has few ways to go since there are so many hand and energy denial cards to choose fomr. Part of it will come from different metas we face at locals that determine what we aim to make the primary objective of the deck. I prefer slight more focus on energy denial but also really like the ability to pull the 4 card combo to potentially leave your opponent top decking as early as turn 2. I have tried adding more basics than just the 4 eevee but it never consistently pays off.. you might win a game here or there bc of it but over the long haul, regionals and higher up, you need the most consistent set up as possible. I wish Lele had a place as it could be helpful but the need to have first turn eevee to sylveon gx and magical ribbon is too critical for the decx to be successful to mess with.

The optimal energy count I have found out is 11 fairy and 2 DCE. I see some ppl playing 3 and with new format I am not totally against it but you can puzzle of time a DCE if you need it badly instead of dedicating a 3rd spot in a deck that is already tight on room for cards you need. Brocks grit is helpful if you are running 2 plumeria's as you can discard energy or eevee/sylveon that you dont need atm but might need later on in order to disrupt your opponent. If you are not playing playing plumeria than brock's grit is not as helpful except in the mirror.

The stadium count is bit up in the air but i feel 4-5 is the right number as you need the ability to delinquent as often as you can and do not want to rely on your opponent esp. games 2 and 3 to provide a stadium unless it is very adventitious for them to play it down. As of now im treialing 3 chaos tower and 2 parallel city but it might change once the meta is established and there is a better idea for what 2 stadiums will most benefit our deck/ create further disruption to opponent's strategy. I feel with increase play of octillery line that parallel city might be the best option for our deck. Limiting opponent to 3 bench could be insane. Imagine them stuck with 2 leles and an octillery line. Sure they can draw but if we do not attack once they are locked than they cannot acerola to create room. Still alot of playtesting need to be done and promising that a sylveon deck made day 2 in expanded. I had success at WI regionals in June with sylveon. I always went 2nd and in first 6 rounds I won every game 1,whihc put tremendous pressure on opponent to try to play fast to win a quick game 2. I think wirth removal of VS Seeker and hex maniac that this deck has alot of promise for the new rotation.

Currently my list :
Monsters: 8
4 Eevee
4 Sylveon GX

Trainers: 38
4 Team Flare Grunt
4 Crushing Hammer
4 Puzzle of Time
2 Team Rockets Handiwork
2 Guzma
2 Plumeria
1 Professor kukui
3 Max Potion
3 Delinquent
3 Red Card
3 Tormenting Spray
2 Field blower
1 Brock's Grit
1 Team Skull Grunt
2 Chaos Tower (waiting to see if post rotation there is better stadium combination to play)
2 Parallel City

Energy: 13
11 Fairy
2 DCE

This deck has worked great for me; tweaking every now and again as needed but pretty much playing this deck since Sylveon came out. It takes quite a bit of practice to get comfortable with it and knowing how to play against each deck and knowing when and what cards to grab from the deck.
Thank you a lot ^^

Heya! I am sorta to the the Pokémon card game and am looking towards playing competitively one day. Sylveon is awesome so I decided on a Quad Sylveon deck. Unfortunately, all the deck lists I found were out dated so I tried to update it a little to the current Standard. Here is what I ended up with:

~~POKEMON 13x~~

• 4x Eevee (SUM)

• 4x Sylveon GX (GRI)

• 3x Trubbish (GRI)

• 2x Garbodor (BKP)

~~TRAINERS 35x~~

~Supporters 15x~

• 4x Team Flare Grunt

• 2x Team Rocket's Handiwork

• 2x Delinquent

• 4x N

• 4x Guzma

~Items 17x~

• 3x Float Stone

• 4x Puzzle of Time

• 3x Max Potion

• 3x Nest Ball

• 1x Enhanced Hammer

• 1x Field Blower

• 2x Choice Band

~Stadiums 2x~

• 2x Parallel City

~~ENERGY 14x~~

• 8x Fairy Energy

• 4x Psychic Energy

• 2x Double Colorless Energy

So I am really unsure about this build, especially without Hex Manic. I feel Garbodor is going to really hinder this deck, especial with those Items now in the deck. Also Delinquent is a bit harder to activate but I'm not too worried about this as the Garbodor. Maybe it'll work I dunno. Any critique is very helpful.

Thanks for reading and I hope I get to meet some new people ^^

Welcome! I also did look into quad sylveon for quite a while (2 weeks? lol) and know a few basics to playing this deck. I'm simply going to point out some issues, feel free to change your list accordingly.

Garbodor- The card is veryyy good I will say, HOWEVER, it doesn't belong in this deck. It's too dangerous to play this card because there is the outside chance you can start trubbish, that's not good.

Chaos Tower- why? I? What on earth is this card doing here? I, I don't understand to even the smallest degree. Prevention of special conditions is good, but why here? What matchup does this help you with, turbo sallazle?

That's it :p good luck otherwise! Feel free to PM me any questions!

Back