• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Sylveon GX first deck attempt.

MoFoTY86

Aspiring Trainer
So I am trying to figure out a fun deck to play but still an annoyance. Sylveon GX. So here is my attempt and tell me what you think.

Pokémon: (7)
4 Eevee (Sun and Moon)
3 Sylveon GX (Guardians)

Trainers (39)
4 Team Flare Grunt
4 Delinquent
4 N
2 Lysandre
2 Hex
2 Team Rocket's Handiwork
4 Puzzle of Time
4 Max Potion
4 Crushing Hammer
2 Enhanced Hammer
1 Choice Band
1 Field Blower
3 Silent Lab
1 Parallel City
1 Team Aqua's Secret Base

Energy:
12 Fairy Energy
2 Double Colorless

Any and all suggestions and thoughts are appreciated. Thanks. ===^ (<<<a thumbs up emoji?)

I have been playing Sylveon a lot. I have a similar list, but I am making changes soon. Unfortunately, I play only in Leagues so I'm not privy on beating the current meta. Then again, control decks are able to adapt on the fly. It's all about streamlining their efficiency.

- N - if you're going to play N, run 3. 2 is too little and 4 is too clunky. N is VERY valuable in the first couple of turns as well as a killing blow to deck them out, but very useless in between that.

- Crushing Hammer - I want to like it, but I hate it. You get a 50/50 shot at sacking 1 card/resource. I've only had 1 game where it helped substantially. I'm thinking of using Pokémon Catcher instead because it can waste more resources by bringing up a heavy retreater with no energy. This will also take a bit less pressure off of Lysander being used as your supporter. Same could be said that Hammer could alleviate Flare Grunt plays. But I honestly think you can do more damage with Catcher

- Choice Band - if you're using Fairy Wind, chances are you are winning by a landslide. It's useless.

- Field Blower - run 2.

- Stadiums - I never knew about Aqua Base. I'll have to try that out. I'm using 2 parallel city and 4 silent lab. It works, I'm not too terribly thrilled with it (I want to play competitive, I might be more impressed by the stadiums in that case).

I think 4 Sylveon GX is necessary because half of the matchups are gonna be mill out / energy denial. I guess I just dont want to get stuck with 2 if one is prized

I think 4 Sylveon GX is necessary because half of the matchups are gonna be mill out / energy denial. I guess I just dont want to get stuck with 2 if one is prized

I've thought about this too. I think Rotom Dex might be a better substitute because it allows you to (possibly) throw some more control cards back in your deck of need be.

I did a few ptcgo matches with this. I had the unfortunate happen. 3 sylveon gx prized. it was a mirror match. Thankfully, with patience and careful planning, I was able to come out on top.

I've thought about this too. I think Rotom Dex might be a better substitute because it allows you to (possibly) throw some more control cards back in your deck of need be.
Or just shuffle better. Make sure the Sylveon are spread out and not together.

I think you have waaaaaay too many energy you could probably

-4 fairy

+2 DCE

or just -2 fairy

The reason why there is a lot of energy is to make sure you get that Turn 1\Turn 2 Eevee Evolution to Slveon to start using Magical Ribbon. I think -2 Fairy and +2 DCE

I think you want one Pokemon Center Lady. You never know when someone is going to come along and paralyze you (Lapras), confuse you (Espeon), put you to sleep (too many to count). It also acts as supplemental healing in case you decide you don't want to dump your energy.

The reason why there is a lot of energy is to make sure you get that Turn 1\Turn 2 Eevee Evolution to Slveon to start using Magical Ribbon. I think -2 Fairy and +2 DCE

You're not ever going to use the DCE for the one time use of Plea and maybe retreat (Espeon). You'll hardly ever use Fairy Wind

2 DCE is good for it

So what i've concluded. -2 fairy, +1 pokemon center lady, +1 field blower.

I'd do -1 N and - 1 Fairy

11 Fairy gives you a 3% better chance of getting in your opening hand than 10. May not sound like much, but considering the deck runs almost no draw trainers, you really rely on the odds of opening with Eevee and Fairy Energy in the opener. Because no energy in the opening hand kills.

So I've updated to your suggestions.

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******
##Pokémon - 9
* 4 Eevee SUM 101
* 4 Sylveon-GX GRI 92
* 1 Flareon AOR 13
##Trainer Cards - 39
* 3 Max Potion BKP 103
* 4 Crushing Hammer GEN 60
* 2 Lysandre AOR 78
* 3 N PR-BLW BW100
* 1 Parallel City BKT 145
* 4 Team Flare Grunt GEN 73
* 1 Team Aqua's Secret Base DCR 28
* 1 Pokémon Center Lady GEN 68
* 1 Energy Recycler AOR 72
* 2 Team Rocket's Handiwork FAC 112
* 4 Puzzle of Time BKP 109
* 2 Silent Lab PRC 140
* 2 Enhanced Hammer GRI 124
* 1 Field Blower GRI 125
* 4 VS Seeker PHF 109
* 4 Delinquent BKP 98
##Energy - 12
* 10 Fairy Energy GEN 83
* 2 Double Colorless Energy SUM 136
Total Cards - 60

So I've updated to your suggestions.

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******
##Pokémon - 9
* 4 Eevee SUM 101
* 4 Sylveon-GX GRI 92
* 1 Flareon AOR 13
##Trainer Cards - 39
* 3 Max Potion BKP 103
* 4 Crushing Hammer GEN 60
* 2 Lysandre AOR 78
* 3 N PR-BLW BW100
* 1 Parallel City BKT 145
* 4 Team Flare Grunt GEN 73
* 1 Team Aqua's Secret Base DCR 28
* 1 Pokémon Center Lady GEN 68
* 1 Energy Recycler AOR 72
* 2 Team Rocket's Handiwork FAC 112
* 4 Puzzle of Time BKP 109
* 2 Silent Lab PRC 140
* 2 Enhanced Hammer GRI 124
* 1 Field Blower GRI 125
* 4 VS Seeker PHF 109
* 4 Delinquent BKP 98
##Energy - 12
* 10 Fairy Energy GEN 83
* 2 Double Colorless Energy SUM 136
Total Cards - 60

I was at Madison Regionals over the weekend. 3 of first 4 rounds played ninetales; went 2-0-1 with tie becuase game 1 took forever bc he N'd me 6 or 7 straight turns. Lurantis was terrible matchup and sadly i played vaporeon when flareon wouldve been much better. I feel 2 field blowers was very helpful. many decks playing choice bands and float stones, won a couple games by stranding out a tauros or something like it after getting rid of all their float stones. Parallel city was very helpful too, i would try to find room for a 2nd one. The one disappointing thing for me was i had bad luck with coin flips, i probably hit close to 25% for the tournmanet on handiworks and crushing hammer. The deck worked well but just have to make sure u can handle volcanion,lurantis and darkrai/yveltal. The one garbodor i played ended in a tie but i was able to win a game due to ridding him of float stones.

Back