Swellow or Staraptor?

• Swellow

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • Staraptor

Votes: 18 69.2%

• Total voters

Bonsly

Fighter Pilot
Okay this is more of A who would win in A battle 1 on 1 type poll. But who do you think would win in A 1 on 1 battle? Swellow or Staraptor? Please vote.

All the way for Staraptor. Despite Swellow's speed advantage, you can't do anything about the 372 max Attack stat of Staraptor. And for Swellow to be at full Speed, it's attack is only around 300.

Kevin Garrett said:
All the way for Staraptor. Despite Swellow's speed advantage, you can't do anything about the 372 max Attack stat of Staraptor. And for Swellow to be at full Speed, it's attack is only around 300.

Yeah as much as I really love Swellow Staraptor does have the advantage. Even if you EV trained Swellow in Attack it would still be hard to defeat Staraptor. And to top that off Swellow's defence is lower then Staraptor's.

True, not to mention that is they weren't facing each other, Staraptor has a more diverse movepool for competitive play. But, they are both pretty poor. Also, Staraptor Defense is better.

Kevin Garrett said:
True, not to mention that is they weren't facing each other, Staraptor has a more diverse movepool for competitive play. But, they are both pretty poor. Also, Staraptor Defense is better.

Yeah thats what I was trying to say lol.

I think staraptor would win. Staraptor can use Clase combat whick could everly hurt him.

I think it should have been Pidgeot vs. Staraptor

Pidgeot vs. Staraptor would have been cool but I would have gone for Staraptor anyways.

Staraptor is a strong Flying with poor defenses sadly but can beat Swellow even if it (Swellow) was EV trained to the max.

Staraptor .vs. Pidgeot? Staraptor would win hands down. No hands up, sadly.

As regards to Staraptor .vs. Swellow, Swellow's Speed advantage only gives it ONE hope of winning. Due to Staraptor's low Defense, if an Adamant, good IV, EV trained Swellow who is holding Choice Band can pull of a critical hit, ah Swellow just might win. Otherwise, it's Staraptor.

~Staraptor vs. Swellow = I bet Staraptor would win...besides, I like Staraptor more.
~Staraptor vs. Pidgeot = hmm... I like 'em both.. cant choose
~Staraptor vs. Noctowl = iunno either.. Noctowl can use Psy attacks so that kinda make it somewhat look more awesome.

Swellow@Toxic Orb + Facade + Protect will either kill Staraptor or put a huge dent in him.

Brave Bird will probably do Swellow in, though.

^Agreed. Although...

The sheer ammount of hold items and moves avialable mean that this discussion is never ending. What if Swellow has focus sash for example? Or what if Staraptor has choice scarf? Don't get me started on things like Giga Impact.

Swellow could just use the Endeavor strat. Focus Sash, wait for BB, Endeavor, Quick Attack.

I saw a Rattata LV.1 defeat a paralyzed Empoleon LV.100 with that strat.

i like swellow better
but i think this swellow might win.
Rest, sleep talk, facade, aerial ace
you rest and then sleep talk and hope to get facade because swellow's guts ability plus facade would annihilate staraptor, but your doomed if you get rest. That's why i think swellow could be more utilized in 2v2. Have your teammate put it to sleep, and give it a choice band. sleep talk facade, aerial ace, and steel wing. only choicer that can use more than 1 move, until it wakes up though,

^Personally, I think that Sleep Talk is not reliable for competitive battle.

I agree, it's a waisted slot if your your not asleep.

Anyway, if you put all items aside, Staraptor would win. When items come into the discussion, you have to remember that Staraptor would have an item too. If you put a Choice Scarf on an Adamant, good IV, fully EV trained Staraptor, you can say good-bye to Swellow.

Samtheman said:
Swellow could just use the Endeavor strat. Focus Sash, wait for BB, Endeavor, Quick Attack.

I saw a Rattata LV.1 defeat a paralyzed Empoleon LV.100 with that strat.

Yeah, but that strategy is SO easy to counter.....You either use a ghost Pokemon, or you switch.

Don't get me started on that Rattata stradegy. It's not a stadegy; it's so easy to beat and leaves the user feeling humiliated. It only works in a 1 on 1 battle.

Back