• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Swampert / Slurpuff

gullwingyunie

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon:

• 4 Mudkip PRC
    2 Marshtomp PRC
    4 Swampert PRC
    4 Swirlix PHF
    4 Slurpuff PHF
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:

• 4 Professor Sycamore
    4 N
    1 Lysandre
    1 Lysandre's Trump Card
    1 Teammates
    1 Archie's Ace in the Hole
    1 Pokemon Fan Club
    2 VS Seeker
    4 Rare Candy
    3 Muscle Band
    3 Ultra Ball
    1 Dive Ball
    1 Computer Search
    2 Switch
    1 Professor's Letter
Energy:

• 12 Water Energy

Strategy:

The deck was thrown together a couple of nights ago as a friendly deck and it still stands as such but it has met with a surprising amount of success so I thought I would post it here to see if i can get some improvement advice. The basic premise is easy enough Swampert with the min 3 w and a muscle band hits for 150 dmg, magic number 180 at 4 and with the growth ancient trait it is alot easier than you would think to set up, virgen is an issue but it won't be for much longer and there's nothing really threatening in the grass typing to fill the void when it cycles. Diving search to put what you need when you need it on top and tasting to draw it immediately, atm it is rotation ready with 2 easy swaps n with birch and cpu-search with an escape rope.

RE: Ancient trait Swampert/Slurpuff

-1 Swirlix
-1 Slurpuff
-1 Swampert
-1 Archie's Ace
-1 Rare Candy
- 2 Ultra Ball
-3 Water

+3 Suicune
+2 DCE
+2 Dive Ball
+1 Lysandre
+2 Prof Letter

The main deck I run at my local league is a Swampert/Slurpuff deck, and the first thing I'm gonna tell you is that you do not need a 4-4 line of Slurpuff. You only need, and should have one Slurpuff on the bench at a time, having 4-4 is overkill. I personally run 2-2 line of it, but 3-3 would also work. I would NOT try and use Archie in this deck. You're running a very large line of Swampert, so Archie harder to set up than just evolving it. Prof Letter is a great card with this deck, two of those in row (which is easily done with Swampert's ability) he's all set up. Suicune is good to stall while you set up a Swampert when facing fast EX decks. The DCE is good for helping Suicune get set up fast, while also letting you do a fast 1 turn attach to hit with Swampert (attach DCE and water in one turn if you REALLY need to attack that turn, it can be a life saver). If you want you can also add Seismitoad just to go against other Seismitoad (which I'll tell you right now is a very big problem for this deck) but it's optional and not really needed.

DevinTheWelf said:
-1 Swirlix
-1 Slurpuff
-1 Swampert
-1 Archie's Ace
-1 Rare Candy
- 2 Ultra Ball
-3 Water

+3 Suicune
+2 DCE
+2 Dive Ball
+1 Lysandre
+2 Prof Letter

The main deck I run at my local league is a Swampert/Slurpuff deck, and the first thing I'm gonna tell you is that you do not need a 4-4 line of Slurpuff. You only need, and should have one Slurpuff on the bench at a time, having 4-4 is overkill. I personally run 2-2 line of it, but 3-3 would also work. I would NOT try and use Archie in this deck. You're running a very large line of Swampert, so Archie harder to set up than just evolving it. Prof Letter is a great card with this deck, two of those in row (which is easily done with Swampert's ability) he's all set up. Suicune is good to stall while you set up a Swampert when facing fast EX decks. The DCE is good for helping Suicune get set up fast, while also letting you do a fast 1 turn attach to hit with Swampert (attach DCE and water in one turn if you REALLY need to attack that turn, it can be a life saver). If you want you can also add Seismitoad just to go against other Seismitoad (which I'll tell you right now is a very big problem for this deck) but it's optional and not really needed.

Instead of 3 Suicunes I would run 2 Miltanks and 1 Suicune just to get more damage spread

SlimyWafflez said:
Instead of 3 Suicunes I would run 2 Miltanks and 1 Suicune just to get more damage spread

You do not want Damage spread in this kind of deck. Swampert/Slurpuff should focus directly on Swampert. Miltank can hit for ok damage, but it just doesn't fit when you're goal is to kill big basics quickly. Miltank works better with stage two lines like Crobat and Greninja. 1 Suicune is not enough because it is your only stall against things like Yveltal and Mewtwo that set up quickly and detroy Swampert fairly easily.

I would go with a 3/1/4 line of Mudkip, Marshtomp, and Swampert. With a 3/3 line of Slurpuff. This way when you get the first Swampert and Slurpuff up you can use diving search and tasting to use Archie's ace to get the other Swamperts up while at the same time allowing letting your recycle them when they get KOed. (4 ultra balls and 2 Archie's ace are better than dive balls in this situation) A way to get energies better than professors letter while at the same time reducing your hand for Archie's ace, is battle compressor and superior energy retrieval, This way you can deicide how many cards you need in your hand while at the same time adding energies to your Pokémon.

-1 Mudkip
-1 Marshtomp
-1 Teammates
-1 Dive ball
-1 Pokémon fan club
-1 Swirlix
-1 Slurpuff
-1 rare candy

-2 N
-1 Professors letter
+1 Archie's ace
+1 Ultra ball
+1 VS seeker
+3 battle compressor
+2 superior energy retrieval
+2 Colress
+1 Skyla

These numbers are just a guess when I tried to figure out what was the best method to make a hybrid out of Archie's ace and an evolving Swampert. I also Think Manaphy should also fit in some how... but I'm not sure how to do it.

Back