survey about star pokemon

revdjweb

Aspiring Trainer
it seems to me that the star pokemon are much more for completists and collectors than for players of tgc since, quite frankly, most of them really aren't that practical. mind you i have only been playing for maybe six months and only have a few star pokemon but looking at the card-dex, there are only a handful which seem potentially useful.

with that said, which star pokemon are people's favorites to use in decks? i am partial to mew* d just because of the versatility of the two attacks. otoh i will very intrigued to see how charizard* d plays once there is basic dark energy in the game.

The best star Pokemon around are those from Ex Deoxys and Mew* in some decks.
The Dexoys ones can go into a number of decks and do an insane amount of damage, which is great with the aid of an energy accelerator.
Mew* is, IMO, a good star, great in a deck that runs Holon's Pokemon and an energy accelerator, and can do insane amounts of damage if your opponent has a powerful attack in play.
There are some other OK ones (eg, the Eeveelution*'s), but no other outstanding ones.

Mew* was one of the best but POP 5 Mew d pretty much takes it's place IMHO. Mew d does the same thing without taking the * slot ... so now Flygon can play Mew d & one of the big hitters.

ive never seen anyone use stars in a deck??? probably because you can only have one and it isnt good enough to make the cut but still its pretty neat how there all basics

piplup393 said:
what is the point of this
cause im new on this site

what do you do cause im new

-_-

Newbie FAQ board, Site Discussion... do that a few more times and someone will ban you.

Charizard* could be very interesting with the basic darkness energy but even with that, with 5 energy discarded in 1 attack it probably won't see very much play.

I find Metagross* a nice tech in anything metal-based. Otherwise the Lati's reign surpreme pretty much.

talking about Stars, i got 3 in a Week =P.

Latias, Latios, Rayquaza and Mew are the Best IMO. Then there are other that you can tech: Vaporeon, Jolteon, Flareon and Metagross/Groudon/Kyogre. Charizard will see play prolly, as i'm thinking to play 1

Actually, almost every star is playable in a deck. One that is hardly recognized is mewtwo*. Why him over latios*? He hits stage 1s as well and is a type with alot of weakness for it (giving it a greater likelyhood to do 200/100). Vaper* is sexy in any deck that isn't using a star and has a very large poke (e.g. metagross ex). Flar* is a nice tech in flaridos. Jolt* is a nice tech in bannette. Obviously the best ones are lati@s* and mew*.

Charizard Star is the best. It does massive damage with Dark Swirl if you have the energies. Great for end-game last resorts.

Back