Super Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U

Delta said:
What are you talking about? There was MAD hype for Snake.

Umm no one was expecting Snake to even appear in Brawl at all (moment that the rumor of his creator (H. Kojima) wanted him in Melee but the development was too far in causing Snake to be left out of Melee, by the time Brawl was announced most of the fans were expecting Sonic to be the 1st 3rd party character revealed in Brawl but Snake was revealed 1st because Kojima (and Konami in general got special treatment) no one even thought Snake would appear in Brawl as a playable character, myself including .)

That was the past, let's try to focus on the 2 upcoming Smash Bros games (Wii U/3DS), if Snake does get cut (which he will since most of the Smash fanbase want him out as he doesn't fit in, he wasn't even mention getting a shot at being in these games (most of the fanbase are going with the fan favorite 1s such as Sonic, Mewtwo, and Lucario (maybe), (at least Snake got to be in Brawl which I'll accept him as a character.)

professorlight said:
I guess luigi being a standalone character means we won't get different characters skins...
I hope at least they do him different enough from mario (not that it would affect me, I don't use luigi, but, still.).

I'm one of those who want snake in again, purely because he is awesome, and the codec messages in shadow moses island.

F*** sonic, though, he's a bastard. Always hitting and hitting and hitting and then hitting some more. Game and watch too.
Do G&M and ROB have any chance of appearing? I wouldn't mind if they get the shaft.
Also, I hope pokemon trainer gets more or different pokemon. Or different pokemon trainers instead of the standalone pokemon (jigglypuff, lucario, pikachu?). That would be cool; Instead of three pokemon, we get nine pokemon.

Luigi is confirmed to have the same moveset that he had in Brawl.

Snake has a 50/50% (half of the fanbase 60% want him gone with some saying he doesn't fit in Smash Bros.)

Sonic is the most requested and is very likely coming back (with a slight moveset change, he wasn't very spammy in Brawl if your having issues with facing Sonic it might be because of Super Sonic (who is a very annoying FS especially at lvl 9), other than that, his attacks came out pretty slow for a speedy character expect for his dash attack.)

G&W is pretty much in (he survived his Brawl removal and the fans want him back, but Rob on the other hand is too busy having his robotic parts used for other material, not dissing Rob, I like him and thought he was a very fun character in Brawl but his purpose was fulfilled as he was only in due to the game's adventure mode storyline.)

Pokémon Trainer is pretty much shafted (he was the reason Pokémon was overreped in Brawl, altho Mario could count if you take Yoshi, Donkey Kong (and his nephew Diddy), and Wario as extra Mario reps (Rob could also count as a Mario rep in a way too as he appears in Delfino Plaza (if you haven't unlocked his home stage yet, he'll be fought there instead), along with Mario Kart DS.

Some Loser said:
SuperHyperKirliafan89 said:

I want to see this part of the fanbase that doesn't want Snake in the next installment.

Check IGN, (or any other website that has news about Smash Bros (Wii U/3DS), Facebook is another idea (that's if you use FB by any chance.)

SuperHyperKirliafan89 said:
Check IGN, (or any other website that has news about Smash Bros (Wii U/3DS), Facebook is another idea (that's if you use FB by any chance.)

Those are pretty much the 2 worst sources to use if you want to get an accurate representation of what a video game fanbase wants.

I really want Chrom and Lucina from Fire Emblem: Awakening to be included in these games. I know the first is very likely.

You guys know what they have not done yet? They have not done any of the toads from Battletoads or any of the TMNT turtles. I wonder when they will get around to doing those guys XD?:)

tumblr_mru4eysMJX1rfehe0o1_1280.jpg
"Out of the blue, here’s a new stage—the Pyrosphere from Metroid: Other M! An enemy from Samus’s past may appear at any second…" - Masahiro Sakurai

Meh, Metroid hasn't really done anything exciting since the Prime trilogy ended, so I don't think anything they do with Metroid this game is going to be remotely interesting unless they reference Metroid Prime 3 (which they didn't in Brawl, IIRC) or make another Metroid character playable (in which case I'd say someone like Ridley or Adam).

Some Loser said:
tumblr_mru4eysMJX1rfehe0o1_1280.jpg
"Out of the blue, here’s a new stage—the Pyrosphere from Metroid: Other M! An enemy from Samus’s past may appear at any second…" - Masahiro Sakurai

Hell yeah ridley in the pyrosphere! I hope anthony shows up yelling: "that's no way to treat a lady! I'm gonna have to show yo some manners!" and kicking the space dragos's ass.

If they make Samus's true form playable like you can do in the Original Metroid flr the NES that would be cool or even a stage made from that game then that would be sweet XD.:)

xxashxx said:
If they make Samus's true form playable like you can do in the Original Metroid flr the NES that would be cool or even a stage made from that game then that would be sweet XD.:)

True form? you mean the zero suit? she's playable with her zero suit in brawl, and she's awesome, I hope sakurai hasn't removed it.

Salamencetrainer34 said:
Why do people want ridley so bad? It doesn't seem right.

Playable ridley is a bad idea, but just imagine him as a stage hazard, you're just playing in the stage, and then ridley appears in the middle of the battle, attacking everyone and then all fighters have to take him down together or be assholes and take advantage of the chaos. THAT'S how you use ridley in SMB.

Salamencetrainer34 said:

Metroid deserves another playable character since it's a significant franchise in Nintendo, and Ridley is the best fit because of his role in the series.

Bolt the Cat said:
Salamencetrainer34 said:

Metroid deserves another playable character since it's a significant franchise in Nintendo, and Ridley is the best fit because of his role in the series.

Any character would fit. Now, I don't really play metroid (Except the wii one) but Ridley is too big to be a playable character. Like professor said, as a stage hazard he'd be better.

metroid is perfectly represented by samus in SMB. she's the only option, besides: ridley is too big, the metroid is too different, mother brain is a freaking brain in a jar, adam and anthony are just some military dudes, also only appeared in other M; dark samus is... samus (hence why is a skin), kraid is really freaking huge and the other bounty hunters, though awesome, are relatively unimportant, at least until someone follows MP3's ending and pits samus against sylux.

An integral part of metroid is the short amount of characters the franchise contains, it helps to the feeling of loneliness and the ever-present tension the games are famous for.

professorlight said:
xxashxx said:

True form? you mean the zero suit? she's playable with her zero suit in brawl, and she's awesome, I hope sakurai hasn't removed it.

Salamencetrainer34 said:

Playable ridley is a bad idea, but just imagine him as a stage hazard, you're just playing in the stage, and then ridley appears in the middle of the battle, attacking everyone and then all fighters have to take him down together or be assholes and take advantage of the chaos. THAT'S how you use ridley in SMB.

No I mean her fom after you beat the game the first time. or the JUSTIN BAILEY code that allows you to play Samus in her true form. If you have not played the NES Metroid get it from the eshop and beat it in less than 1 hour. Anyway she has green hair and a purple jump suit. That is her true form XD. Anything other does not count because the NES Metroid IS the only game that reveals her ultimate true form. Zero Suit Samus does not reveal everything like the NES Metroid does. You can't beat the ultimate best ending from her true form. If you want to see it download the game from tne 3DS eshop and finish under an hour. After you do that pound the brain in less than 3 hours without restarting and you can see her ultimate true form. Nothing can beat the NES Metroid ultimate best end. That is her true form XD.:)

xxashxx said:
professorlight said:

No I mean her fom after you beat the game the first time. or the JUSTIN BAILEY code that allows you to play Samus in her true form. If you have not played the NES Metroid get it from the eshop and beat it in less than 1 hour. Anyway she has green hair and a purple jump suit. That is her true form XD. Anything other does not count because the NES Metroid IS the only game that reveals her ultimate true form. Zero Suit Samus does not reveal everything like the NES Metroid does. You can't beat the ultimate best ending from her true form. If you want to see it download the game from tne 3DS eshop and finish under an hour. After you do that pound the brain in less than 3 hours without restarting and you can see her ultimate true form. Nothing can beat the NES Metroid ultimate best end. That is her true form XD.:)

That's samus's zero suit. How it looked in the NES era (ALTTP link had purple hair, now it's blonde). Please don't call that her "true form", she's not majin boo... samus's suit is just a suit, one she puts on and off whenever she wants, and when she takes it off, her zero suit is her default clothing, it doesn't have any powers.

I've played the NES metroid with justin bailey, and also played it's remake, metroid: zero mission for GBA. It has a bonus epilogue that shows samus losing her suit, and you have to infiltrate the space pirate's operation with nothing but the zero suit. Later you get a new, fully powered suit and you fight meta ridley before escaping zebes. So... I'd say that beats the original metroid's ending. So much more awesome. If you don't believe me, look up the theme that plays after you get the new suit.
That music alone is enough.

Wow because I have never played anything past Super Metroid other than Metroid Prime for GCN but never finished it though.In the NES Metroid her hair is blonde if you don't have the Varia which I have only seen once. If you have the Varia her hair is green with a Purple jump suit. I can't remeber what color it is if no varia but I think it is red but can't remember. If your missiles are on her hair is bright green. I have it on my 3DS XD. I know what she looks like. No harsh feelings but that is her original classic end8ng XD. No worries it is fine though. Thanks man.:)

Back