Super Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U

That is an event. It ends January 13th. then after that no one will be able to get him but someone said he was being programmed in this thread the other day so I was wondering if there was any more updates since then about how post event players will be able to obtain Mewtwo onward January 13th.:)

Where was there more information on when Sakurai's releasing him? Last I heard was in the 50-fact Extravaganza when they said he's in development and to be released Spring 2015

I don't remember who posted the info in the thread here but check previous posts to find it and I think it was announced worldwide last week went the event went live that it ends January 13th.:)

EDIT: I might be thinking of something else but I am still checking. Something is on now until the 13th of next year though. I may have been thinking of something else but I am still checking.:)

Omanyte said:
Tails said:
To get Mewtwo when the DLC is released. You'd need to have purchased a copy of Smash 4 3DS AND Wii U and register both of them on Club Nintendo.

You've got until Spring 2015 to get your hands on a Wii U version and then register both codes to get to download Mewtwo.

I believe the deadline is January 13th or something similar. Also, if you get both the 3DS and Wii U versions and register them, you'll get the soundtrack as well. Nintendo's making it hard to not get these!

Ok here is the post man for the event.:)

Yeah I was not sure what he means though since everywhere else says Spring 2015 as well so I am wondering what the January 13th is all about now.:)

I think we both are confused now LOLz.:)

Hey, how do I properly train as a character and figure out good combos for them and such? Sorry if I already asked. I've never played correctly until the 3DS demo, so I'm not sure how to properly use Training

There is a Training mode where you pick a character to pound on. Then you select the stage to train. Then you just practice on the character. The battles will not end until you are ready to quit Training mode. //keep doing this until you can handle your character firmly. Practice combos as weel. Might not do well on a stand alone but try VS 3CPU's and yourself as well. I did this ,many times on the N64 and in Melee as well.:) I got Pikachu down on the N64 and Yoshi partly down and Mewtwo kind of down. I practice in 4 player VS mode when I play smash. It helps me figure out what characters will work for me.:).:)

I know how Training works I said. I don't know how to properly utilize it is the thing. On other fighting games, it shows you combos you can use so that's why I am asking for help.

As far as Training Mode goes, I believe it's just for generally testing out the character. As you pointed out, on other fighting games it shows you combos you can use, well there's nothing stopping you from testing out possible combos on the dummy character in Training Mode; it's pretty straight-forward. It can be quite useful at times to learn the Smash attacks, grab-combos, etc. But, as xxashxx advised, I think you should go on the regular "Smash" Mode if you really want to test out the combos and strategies learned in Training Mode, it helps you hone your skill.

Also, this is just speculation, but I think that as you continue to battle in "Smash" Mode, the CPU changes its A.I toward how it will battle you. I've noticed some matches get tougher as I retry them after winning (However the CPUs still remain at Level 9).

The problem with Training Mode is that it does not take into account move decay (moves become weaker if you keep using them repeatedly), which means that things you try out in Training might not work in an actual match. On top of this, fresh moves (moves you haven't used this stock) are slightly stronger than they are in Training Mode, so the damage and knockback a move deals in Training Mode are never exactly what you'd expect in an actual battle. So stay away from Training Mode when training.

Chocolate Death said:
Hey, how do I properly train as a character and figure out good combos for them and such? Sorry if I already asked. I've never played correctly until the 3DS demo, so I'm not sure how to properly use Training
The thing you need to know about Smash compared to other fighting games is that there are very few guaranteed combos. Most combos can be interrupted by good DI (or vectoring in Smash 4) which changes the direction you're sent after getting hit. However, predicting this direction can make other follow-up moves viable, so every part of a combo becomes a game of predictions. It's what makes Smash such a unique and fun fighting game. There are a few guaranteed follow-ups, but especially in Smash 4 these are few and far in between.

Now, this does make practicing a lot more difficult. The very first step is knowing what you're doing, when your moves come out, how long they stay out, how much damage they do, how much knockback they deal, etc. You don't necessarily have to know these by heart (although it's worth looking up, Smashboards.com probably has the statistics if you need them), but you do have to have a subconscious feeling for them. How I usually practice this is in 1v1 training mode against a lv1 CPU on Battlefield (although other neutral stages work as well). The lv1 CPU is horrible, which makes it great for beating the crap out of. What you should be trying to do against it isn't spamming smash attacks and laggy B-moves, but keeping it in the air, keeping it off the edge, etc. Do this until you have a decent feeling of when and where your moves come out, how good they are at edgeguarding/KOing, how much they lag after using them, how much they lag after landing, etc. You'll notice that you'll get better and better at landing strings of moves.

Then comes the hard part, because just as the lv1 CPU doesn't really attack much, it doesn't vector much of anything either. The only way to practice vector-dependant combos is against real people. Once you have a good knowledge of your arsenal it's time to try it either online or preferably offline against other players. Here it's important to know that losing is the best thing that can happen to you, since it forces you to try and find ways around your opponent's strategy, it forces you to figure out your opponent and counter them. Just keep trying not to lose and you should eventually be able to do just that.

It's also worth mentioning that you should practice your movement options as well. This isn't just walking, running and roll-dodging, it also involves mastering air movement (as a Puff main, I usually retreat after doing an aerial but before landing, which prevents my opponent from punishing me as I land), learning how to short-hop (quickly pressing the jump button), knowing how and when to fast-fall, knowing how far you can go off-stage and still recover, etc.

If you tell me what characters you like using, I might be able to give you some more specific hints.

^ I can try based on what I've seen from competitive smashers.

--Down special is extremely good. Use it as a general tool to limit your opponent's options, and the fact that you can pick it up gives it a lot of different uses. Can (and should) also be used in conjunction with the neutral special for a solid camping game.
--Down tilt is a great option whenever your opponent is near you--doesn't have any follow-ups but it's quick and puts a good amount of distance between you and your opponent so you can continue your camping/zoning game with your projectiles.
--Forward air and neutral air are your best options when off the ground and your opponent is close by.
--Side special is not great just to use normally, but the best part about it is that you can cancel it with a jump. Great for horizontal recoveries and it's a half-decent approach option (as well as just a general mix-up if you're opponent just expects you to stay grounded after using it).
--Up special is actually usable as an attack and not just a recovery--but don't toss it out, use it when it can be used safely or when you can predict an opponent's action and bait them into hitting it. Also remember than you can use the hammer in the air even after you use this.
--Jab combo is solid, but as with all long lasting jab combos, it's very easy to punish if you miss, so don't just throw it out whenever you feel like it.
--Forward Smash is extremely powerful and has decent range but it has a ton of lag so use it as a punish on slower moves (also halts people who are bad at approaching in their tracks)

Fancy said:
As far as Training Mode goes, I believe it's just for generally testing out the character. As you pointed out, on other fighting games it shows you combos you can use, well there's nothing stopping you from testing out possible combos on the dummy character in Training Mode; it's pretty straight-forward. It can be quite useful at times to learn the Smash attacks, grab-combos, etc. But, as xxashxx advised, I think you should go on the regular "Smash" Mode if you really want to test out the combos and strategies learned in Training Mode, it helps you hone your skill.

Also, this is just speculation, but I think that as you continue to battle in "Smash" Mode, the CPU changes its A.I toward how it will battle you. I've noticed some matches get tougher as I retry them after winning (However the CPUs still remain at Level 9).

Actually, I noticed that too. I've been trying to learn Lucario and the bots have picked up on my habit of Countering since I used to play as Greninja and Lucina and do the same when one of us had high percentage. I wonder if bots on here behave like Figure Players?

Heavenly Spoon said:
If you tell me what characters you like using, I might be able to give you some more specific hints.

Well, I'm mostly interested in Greninja, Lucario, Lucina, and Pit. Probably also Mewtwo once he comes out.

I've noticed something similar, but I'm pretty sure that it just feels that way and they aren't really adapting. You'd think Nintendo would have advertised that as a big selling point if it were true (as they are doing with amiibos). Computer players also use counter a lot more often than they should because (especially lvl 9) they have extremely good reaction time.

Also quick tip to Chocolate Death--don't spam counter. Counters feel a lot stronger in Smash 4 than in previous games, but you should use them as a mix-up that makes you hard to predict rather than as a central part of your playstyle. A human player can very easily notice if you use counter too often and will start baiting it out and punishing you (as a failed counter leaves you extremely wide open).

Can you change the CPU difficulty? In previous smash games you were able to set any number you wanted on the CPU so I was wondering if that was still the same as before?:)

If it can be changed why battle on a level 9? I can see setting yours to 9 and theirs to 1. That makes more sense so you will last longer in a match.:)

Chocolate Death said:
Sakurai, please give me a Lucario Amiibo. I WILL PAY WITH MY SOUL!!
Anyway, I'm so excited to go get a Pikachu Amiibo and level it up and NEVER use items and ONLY use Omega form stages just to see what happens once it encounters an item and a platform for the first time.

Your wish has been granted
oiqnhteokz46iznmijhb.jpg

Wave 3 of amiibos come out in february, and includes: Meta knight, King dedede, Shulk, sonic, megaman, Lucario, Toon link, sheik, Ike, Bowser, and Rosalina and luma,

SO MUCH HYPE!!! Is it by the 20th???? That's my birthday! Omfg I CANNOT EVEN! Let me go leave to hop around in more excitement than when Sm4sh was announced

Back