Super Size Pumpkaboo Distribution Until October 31st [10/1]

It's available for North Americans. Do you play the North American game or from another area?

I'm not exactly sure. I can check when I am home again. I think you have to select mystery gift first then select to receive it through Internet. It is also available in Europe now I understand.

Sorry to sound like a huge newbie here but what's a super size pokemon? I've just downloaded the event but haven't picked it up in the center yet because I'm busy right now. Aaand somehow ended up on Pokebeach again.

It works fine in the US. It took me a couple soft resets to get a desirable nature.
Carpey said:
Sorry to sound like a huge newbie here but what's a super size pokemon? I've just downloaded the event but haven't picked it up in the center yet because I'm busy right now. Aaand somehow ended up on Pokebeach again.

Pumpkaboo and its evolution can be of different sizes. The sizes each have different stats.

It took me close to 2 hours finding a Super Sized female Pumpkaboo, and they're giving one away.

I may grab the event quickly, because I want to try to play my X a little bit more before OR/AS comes and I end up stop playing Pokemon X.

WHY can't it have the hidden ability (I assume it can't since the screenshot shows Pickup).

Afaik you can't find supersize Pumpkaboo in the friend safari => HA supersize (the best) Pumpkaboo doesn't exist. This was the perfect chance to fix that. WHY Gamefreak.

Has anyone been lucky enough to get a female from this gift? I get only males and I'm starting to believe it's set..

Omg I'm totally getting a female Insomnia then! :D
Weird that it can have normal and hidden abilities.

I stopped resetting way faster than other events because I was satisfied with a Brave nature and 31atk IV. Didn't know it could have Insomnia though so I have Frisk (I did check not to get PickUp obviously).

But hey, it's not like Insomnia is clearly superior. It's just fancy because it's Pumpkaboos hidden ability.
Hypnosis is rare and has awful accuracy, and other sleep-inducing moves are powder-moves which Pumpkaboo is immune to due to it's Grass type anyway. And you're certainly not going against a Darkrai with this guy..
Frisk on the other hand can be useful as heck. Especially with the advent of Mega stones.
It flat out tells you the opponents held item. You see when you're facing a Choice-item, whether the opponent will Mega evolve, or what set/strategy it is running.

daisukereds said:
Has anyone been lucky enough to get a female from this gift? I get only males and I'm starting to believe it's set..

I've been reseting and it's been female all ~5 times.

It's weird with these events, it always seems like they're halfway set.
I remember the Vivillons always being the same gender and 2 natures showing up way more often than the rest...

I just downloaded mine this morning. I like the attacks the Pokemon has. Shadow Sneak is one sneaky move too.:)

What is your router set as? It needs a WPA or WPA2 password connection to connect. If it is already set to that type of connection you need you router ID and Password to connect or do the auto connect feature if you can do it that way or follow the steps at www.nintendo.com. Click Help and I think you type in Wi-Fi help or something. Have not been there for awhile. If not help try support.:)

Back