• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Super Bats! (Crobat / Swoobat / Miltank)

Asmer

Keep the High Tide on the Flipside
Pokemon:
  • 3 Zubat (PTF 31)
  • 3 Golbat (PTF 32)
  • 3 Crobat (PTF 33)
  • 3 Woobat (BKT 71)
  • 3 Swoobat (BKT 72)
  • 3 Miltank (FLF 83)
  • 1 Bunnelby (PRC 121)
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:
  • 4 AZ
  • 4 Tierno
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 1 Bridgette
  • 1 Hex Maniac
  • 1 Professor Sycamore
  • 1 Xerosic
  • 4 Trianers' Mail
  • 3 Level Ball
  • 3 Muscle Band
  • 2 Ultra Ball
  • 1 Enhanced Hammer
  • 1 Professor's Letter
  • 1 Super Rod
  • 1 Switch
  • 1 Town Map
  • 1 VS Seeker
  • 2 Parallel City
Energy:
  • 7 Psychic Energy
Strategy:

This is honestly the best deck that should not work I have ever created.
Hello everyone! I am Asmer and I have decided to share a very silly deck with you that, for some reason, steals a lot more games than it should. This was originally an idea (and an excuse) I had created to use the new Swoobat from the XY BREAKthrough expansion. Originally, I was going to use it with the new Cresselia from the same set, but then I came to the realization that the Crobat line-up (also known as "Bats") would A. Provide extra damage I felt was needed and B. Crobat himself has free Retreat, which was the reason I even considered Cresselia in the beginning. It then turned in to a monstrosity that destroys the unprepared in the most hilarious way possible: Death by ALL the Bats!

I will break down the main strategies in bullet form.
  • Swoobat is a very strong Pokemon, capable of doing 80 damage on its first attacking turn with VERY little commitment. A single Energy and Muscle Band play can easily set up 80, or even 140 damage, depending on how slow your opponent's set-up is. This is perfect because by gauging the field, you can easily set up KO's that may not be possible otherwise via Wave Amplification. Alongside this massive amount of damage is the "Bat" line-up of Zubat, Golbat, and Crobat. These three Pokemon, specifically the latter two, allow you to add extra damage on to your opponent's Pokemon, making a Two-Turn combo of Wave Amplification + Returning Echo even more deadly!
  • Because I am running the "Bat" line-up, I decided to include 3 copies of my favorite Normal Pokemon in the card game: Miltank from Flashfire. This Udderly Destructive Pokemon is capable of doing 100 Damage with Powerful Friends, an attack that does 70 more damage if you to have a Stage 2 Pokemon on your bench. Luckily for us, Crobat is a Stage 2 Pokemon who also adds more damage!
  • One of the best things about this deck is the fact that every single Pokemon requires only 1 Energy for their main attacks. That means this deck is COMPLETELY Energy efficient and is 100% immune to Special Energy disruption, such as Enhanced Hammer, because it has no need to run such Energy! This is great against matches that require a lot of tempo control.
  • Another thing to note about Swoobat is the fact that he has a chance of returning himself to your hand after his attack. This can be both beneficial and unfavorable, depending on your situation. Luckily, gathering Pokemon for your bench is quite easy, since we run so many search cards (I.E. Bridgette, Level Ball, etc.). Also, our Pokemon are all fairly Bulky (High-ish HP), which helps us survive a few more turns for more set-ups.
Finally, many of you may have noticed that I run Parallel City instead of Dimension Valley. This is because Dimension Valley does very little for this deck. This deck is very Energy efficient and because every attacker only requires 1 Energy for their main attacks, there is very little reason for me to run a Stadium that reduces the amount of Energy required. Instead, I opted for a Stadium that allows me to gain better control of the game. Both sides of Parallel City are very beneficial to this deck. The resistance side helps a lot against the Bee decks (Vespiquen/Eeveelutions) and the Bench Reduction side helps a LOT against decks like Raichu (who will utterly dominate me otherwise).

To end this "deck tech" of sorts, I would like to point out that I do not plan on changing too much. I am very confident in my building abilities and this is a deck that is not something I would consider competitive. That said, it is very strong for what it is: A very, VERY fun deck. Also, even if I do not necessarily follow every suggestion, make suggestions anyway! I am always fond of reading new ideas and discussing strategies. I am more or less saying the above in case anyone feels "left out" if I do not address his/her suggestion(s).

Thank you for taking your time to read this. If you have any questions, let me know via PM or on here. Take care!

-Asmer

i like this concept, but why don't put something like shaymin or octillery?
If you do a bad start, or need to set-up you will have a serios prolem :p
Btw, i like this deck :D Nice one!

Have you considered Wobbuffet? It does tons of work against many decks that want to use abilities. Turn 1 Wobbuffet either prevents shaymin or forces a lysandre. The math also works really well together.

80 from swoobat into a Wobbuffet to do 90 or 110 more with muscle band to take out those ex pokemon that otherwise might be a 3hko.

Keep in mind it does all this and block all non psychic abilities. Metal links, burning draft, fairy transfer, ect.

It would require Dimensional valley. But would allow crobat to attack for free.

This could be done by adding
+4 wobuffet since you want to start with it.
+4 Mystery Energy for retreat
+4 Dimensional Valley
For
-3 miltank
-1 hex maniac
-4 psychic energy
-2 parallel city
-1 enhanced hammer
-1 town map
Or just 2 other cards you find least important.

You might you want to consider dropping 2 AZ for 2 VS seeker for more uses of tierno, lysandre, ect and still have access to 5 Az if need be.

Last edited:
Yeah Wobbuffet is a natural attacker in this deck. The speed at which Crobat can set up KO's for Wobbuffet often takes other players by surprise. With a Crobat, Golbat, and Muscle Band, Wobbuffet can take out those occasional 130 HP Basics Another Golbat, and you can actually OHKO some EX's. And the Ability lock is really good in a format that relies heavily on Shaymin for draw power. Once you realize how good it is, you might even drop all of the other stuff.

I never had a huge amount of success with just crobat wobbuffet. Swoobat might be a good addition for stable damage instead of just relying on crobat.

I never had a huge amount of success with just crobat wobbuffet. Swoobat might be a good addition for stable damage instead of just relying on crobat.

I won a League Challenge with it, but yeah I can definitely see arguments for something that deals consistent damage.

@Mao999 : My Octillery are going in to something a bit more serious, or I would have them in here for sure! Also, thank you!
@Ivy_Profen : I actually do like the idea of Wobbs. That said, I sadly don't own mine anymore (I ended up selling them last year when I took a break)! I feel so sad about that, too, lol.
@Mora: But if I drop everything else, this would be a decent deck! D:
<3

Back