Sunny in OU

Blui

lv85 paladin
banner.png

Introduction
So I just got into the VG and have been playing different teams trying to find my preferred playstyle. I've been playing a lot of Rain and a little bit of hail (all in OU), but I've found that I am best with Sun.
The team is more of a offence team with only a little bit of stratergy behind it.

Teambuilding Process
[sprite]38[/sprite]
You can't make sun without Ninetails. Ninetails is an okay Pokemon that is only used for its DW ability Drought

[sprite]38[/sprite][sprite]3[/sprite]
The next step was thinking who abuses the sun. Venusaur was just what I needed, and it also gets rid of pesky water types and has enough bulk to withstand a lot of hits. The only problem I encountered with Venusaur is that its damage output is rather low and that I needed a high power Pokemon.

[sprite]38[/sprite][sprite]3[/sprite][sprite]485[/sprite]
Heatran is a high power sun using beast. Heatran can be used to switch into Psychic moves which give Venusaur some problems. Heatran's natural bulk lets me stall which is also very good. The only problems now are most dragons and Special Walls.

icon.gif

With all of these special attackers Blissey and Chansy give me huge problems and I needed to counter them. Landorus-T is the perfect candidate for this, it's fast and very hard hitting plus it easily switches into Choice Band Earthquake and takes 0% damage.

icon.gif
[sprite]51[/sprite]
I always liked Dugtrio as a Pokemon, fast, locks stuff in but always had those flimsy defenses that can't hold up against anything, even moves it had resistance against. I liked it because you can switch it into something just as frail, survive by 1HP, then OHKO them with Earthquake (looking at you Rampardos).

icon.gif
[sprite]51[/sprite][sprite]637[/sprite]
Ah Volcarona, fast, powerful and slighty walled special attacks (cough cough Focus Blast). Quiver Dance turned this thing into a monster that ate all it could (get it?).

icon.gif
[sprite]637[/sprite][sprite]91[/sprite]
I took out Dugtrio because of it's frailty and added in Cloyster. Cloyster punches every Physical attacker I can think of other than Jirachi and Scizor. It has access to an okay move pool. It had good stats but lacked what I really needed.

icon.gif
[sprite]91[/sprite][sprite]385[/sprite]
Jirachi is a great mon. Serene Grace kicks everything in the game in the shins. That's its main purpose but it also has a rather lage move pool with access to many types of attacks that let me kill pokemon that walls my whole team. Not to mention that its great typing lets me switch into heaps of different attacks.

icon.gif
[sprite]385[/sprite][sprite]639[/sprite]
With what I previously had I was still getting walled by a few special walls. Terrakion is great because it can just kill anything that gets in its way plus murders Blissey, Chansey, Ferrothorn and Porygon2.

[sprite]38[/sprite][sprite]3[/sprite][sprite]485[/sprite][sprite]385[/sprite][sprite]639[/sprite][sprite]645[/sprite]
I decided to get a Landorus form change because I was getting walled by dragons and there is nothing on my team that can use special Ice type moves as well as Landorus.

The Team
images

Kyuubi (Ninetales) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Drought
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- SolarBeam
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power
- Protect​
Ninetails doesn't really serve a purpose here other than to say screw you we have sun. If they open with a slow water type and don't switch you have the Solar Beam to maul them, and if you feel like switching there's Venusaur.​
venusaur.jpg

Flora (Venusaur) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Chlorophyll
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Modest Nature
- Synthesis
- Giga Drain
- SolarBeam
- Sludge Bomb​
Ah Venusaur. I love Venusaur because it's very fast and has a rather good typing when it comes to switching in. Synthesis is just so you can stall. Giga Drain is for that little bit extra that you have to do when your opponent has a small amount of HP remaining. SolarBeam because I want to do lots of damage quickly and STAB. Sludge Bomb is my other STAB move, plus it has the neat effect of inducing poison.​

Exportable
Kyuubi (Ninetales) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Drought
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- SolarBeam
- Flamethrower
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

Wild Fire (Heatran) (M) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 226 HP / 126 Def / 4 SAtk / 152 SDef