Sunday, 7/9, New Card Reviews, Old Mewtwo Trailer

bass_forte

ANet FTW.
^If Ash and whatsisname go stargazing and DON'T see a Pikachu, does that make them any less Ash and whatsisname? :/

Indeed, interesting that it was the first movie. Wonder where they were going to take that idea...

Crazy Weavile

I'm back!
That concept looked like Mewtwo was some sort of government project, what with the metal fortress and bombing. Sadly, we may never know...

Cute Charm

Aspiring Trainer
What it looked liked to me was the first movie was suposed to be just a long episode. It didn't seem that movie-ish to me from the scenes they showed. It also seems like they used the action clips in Mewtwo Returns (especially Misty, Brock, and Psyduck running.), but my memory's foggy since it's been ages since I've seen it, so I could be wrong. It could be posable that the original idea for the movie could have been made to make Mewtwo returns with a few minor changes.

Though the part I'm more curious about was the harbor lady, Misty and the little girl (That I shall call Mei, because I think that's her name anyway...). All I got from that was Mei could have been a main character in the movie...also the harbor lady could have had a bigger part in the whole skeme of things, like she could have been another on of Misty's siters or an aunt and Mei could have been her neice or cousin or just a random kid in in an orphanage that the "harbor lady" ran. But like Crazy Weavile said, we may never know...

Crazy Weavile

I'm back!
No- the fort in Mewtwo Returns was unfinished, larger, and mountainside. In addition, my idea, due to the... stone bombs... is that Mewtwo was more powerful than Movie 1 final, and was pretty much destroying the world. Mei looked a lot like Joy... maybe a daughter of one of the Joys? And Mewtwo's closeup halfway through looked much more menacing than final. TR's fortresstop shot... I smell a much deeper plot they trashed. After all, Mewtwo's backdrop looked EXACTLY like the inside of that fortress should.

Roarkiller

Aspiring Trainer
Misty does look better without her ponytail. Wonder who that kid with her is.

If that's supposed to be the trailer for the 1st movie, they must have either cut out a lot for the english dub, or they used the wrong video for the trailer, cuz I don't remember 90% of those scenes appearing anywhere in the movie, and I remember it clearly even after so many years.

Crazy Weavile

I'm back!
RE:  Sunday, 7/9, New Card Reviews, Old Mewtwo Trailer

Roarkiller said:
Misty does look better without her ponytail. Wonder who that kid with her is.

If that's supposed to be the trailer for the 1st movie, they must have either cut out a lot for the english dub, or they used the wrong video for the trailer, cuz I don't remember 90% of those scenes appearing anywhere in the movie, and I remember it clearly even after so many years.
Actually, it's from an early version in Japan. Right video- but the movie's completly different.