Sunday, 5/28, New English Names, Lucario and the Mystery of Mew Info, Eps tomorrow!

RE:  Sunday, 5/28, New English Names, Lucario and the Mystery of Mew Info, Eps tomorrow!

King Shuckle said:
I love the names. They are great. Jr. Mime was expected, but Weavile isn't.
not to be mean but its mime Jr.:D

Weavile does remind me too much of Weevil, which has a different connotation from what they intended, I think. On the plus side, Weevil is the nickname of a character on Veronica Mars, so now I'll always associate the name with VM.

Not too keen on Mime Jr. but its simple enough I supose :)
Weaville actually not too bad :)

RE:    Sunday, 5/28, New English Names, Lucario and the Mystery of Mew Info, Eps tomor

Water Pokémon Master said:
Larsson said:
Osiris' Prophet said:
Weavile - Close to sneasel, Ie Weasel. Vile, as in evil or tainted. I'm pretty impressed with the name the more I think about it.

Good explanation, good for us who are not native english speaking.
Question: When do we get to see the lovely Mrs. Mime?! ;)
Mr. Mime is both Mr. Mime and Mrs. Mime.
That is soooo nasty how they screwed up his gender.... >.<

RE:     Sunday, 5/28, New English Names, Lucario and the Mystery of Mew Info, Eps tomor

Tomokazu Komiya said:
Water Pokémon Master said:
Larsson said:
Osiris' Prophet said:
Weavile - Close to sneasel, Ie Weasel. Vile, as in evil or tainted. I'm pretty impressed with the name the more I think about it.

Good explanation, good for us who are not native english speaking.
Question: When do we get to see the lovely Mrs. Mime?! ;)
Mr. Mime is both Mr. Mime and Mrs. Mime.
That is soooo nasty how they screwed up his gender.... >.<
yup, would be a good idea, to give a ♀ mr. mime another picture on d/p, let's just hope :p

i always taught jynx and mr. mime where the same Pokémon, just male/female, but then I became older, and found out that... jynx is just ♀ and mr. mime is ♂ and ♀, man, I became scared, what, MISTER mime is ♀?, how did I find out, I have a female mr. mime on my silver.
hope they do something about this on d/p, but I think it's too late

I hope you can get the episodes up because I only have internet untill monday night because we lost our connection at the other park so I hope you can get them up.:)

Mime Jr., crap. I got it confused again. I'm now interested in what the english names for Buizeru, Tamanta, and Perappa are.

Mr. Mime is my most favorite Pokémon of all time. He got disgraced by getting a baby, Mr. Mime needs to evolve, badly.

Mr. Mime's Japanese name is Barrier (or something to that effect). It has zero reference to being a "mister" at all. This explains why Mr. Mime can be female. Stop with the freaky transgender talk already. :rolleyes:

On a side note, in GSC, Sabrina's Mr. Mime is a girl.

RE:  Sunday, 5/28, New English Names, Lucario and the Mystery of Mew Info, Eps tomorrow!

Pimpwalkin' Mateo Johnson said:
Mr. Mime is my most favorite Pokémon of all time. He got disgraced by getting a baby, Mr. Mime needs to evolve, badly.

Mr. Mime's Japanese name is Barrier (or something to that effect). It has zero reference to being a "mister" at all. This explains why Mr. Mime can be female. Stop with the freaky transgender talk already. :rolleyes:

On a side note, in GSC, Sabrina's Mr. Mime is a girl.
okay then, Sabrina's mime is probably a girl because SHE'S a girl. yeah Mr. mime really needs to evolve, that'd be sweet. but the pre-evo should be cool and Sneasal evolved which is AWESOME! but dont ever evolve Arcanine cause that would be just like wrong!

Arcanine out.

Back